The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 07-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #201
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

What scene are these guys talking about? Is there YET ANOTHER flashback to his origin? Because I believe the admantium sequence has been shown in the last 4 films.
Quote:
AP: For everything that's different about this Wolverine film, there's once again a scene that finds Logan naked in a giant tub, even though the circumstances this time are very different from past X-Men movies. Is this something you're stipulating in your contract now?
Jackman: Look, all I say is it has to be a minimum of a minute. It's only a minute. That's all. I love a bit of nudity. It's a funny scene. The movie is darker in tone, and more restrained in a way. As long as we can get away with it, it's nice to have those fun moments. In all seriousness, no, it's not in my contract.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226681069005

slumcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #202
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
What scene are these guys talking about? Is there YET ANOTHER flashback to his origin? Because I believe the admantium sequence has been shown in the last 4 films.
It says "although the circumstances this time are very different from past X-Men movies", so presumably means its not the same sequence.

And if he's getting naked again in this one, I'm all for it.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #203
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
No. It's not another flashback. I'm not saying any more. You people will have to develop some patience and just wait till the movie!

Old 07-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #204
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
No. It's not another flashback. I'm not saying any more. You people will have to develop some patience and just wait till the movie!
I will never get over the fixation to know every single frame of a film before it opens. Or actively hunting down spoilers. I like knowing as little as possible going in!

Seeing the movie in two days!

Old 07-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #205
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
http://filmraps.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...eview.html?m=1

and a 9/10 to just make it even better
First Mangold retweets my review.. Now this... Im touched! Lol I really loved it, Im sure you guys will too...

Sometimes these Film critics just dont understand! Still trying to figure out how Man of Steel is on 56% on RT but Superman Returns is on 76% or something! They dont really get this...

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #206
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Positive review here with no score.

Quote:
here’s a surprising amount of gracefulness to The Wolverine. The time was put into making sure we care when Wolverine is dealing with mortality for the first time.
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/opi...ed-apology.php

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #207
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Can I hope for another bum flash? Can I? Can I?!!

I'll try not to, lest I be disappointed.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #208
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Can I hope for another bum flash? Can I? Can I?!!

I'll try not to, lest I be disappointed.
In 3D!!!!!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #209
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
In 3D!!!!!
I may actually die.

Actually.

But what a way to go.

Damn you, danoyse, my hopes are up now. If the ass is concealed, I'm coming for you.

Last edited by Double B; 07-21-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #210
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
I may actually die.

Actually.

But what a way to go.

Damn you, danoyse, my hopes are up now. If the ass is concealed, Im coming for you.

I'm not seeing it until Tuesday, I have no idea what happens!

Old 07-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #211
Snikt
Side-Kick

The Hollywood Reporter has given a review...though I really can't tell if it would be a "Fresh" or "rotten"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mov.../review/589329

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #212
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post

I'm not seeing it until Tuesday, I have no idea what happens!

We can only cross our fingers.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #213
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
The Hollywood Reporter has given a review...though I really can't tell if it would be a "Fresh" or "rotten"

Sounded more on the "fresh" side. Basically said the fans will eat it up.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #214
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

I only read the last paragraph (typically safe to do), but that part seemed on the positive side.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #215
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Quote:
Best of all, Mangold uses the occasion to give a distinctly Japanese twist to the tried-and-true battle-atop-a-speeding-train -- in this case, a bullet train -- hurtling along at 300 miles per hour. It’s a bravura heart-in-mouth sequence, expertly staged, and there’s plenty more goring and slashing where that came from, as well as a spectacular Kurosawa-inspired scene in which Logan falls foul of several quivers full of arrows.
I love how the bullet train sequence, which was one of the most hated thing about all the trailers is being called one of the best parts of the movie.

J_Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #216
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:

What the heck, I keep hearing about this being "bloodless" like in this review. Yet I've heard its very bloody from other reviews, what the heck is going on!?

I hope its got some decent bloodshed lol. Its in no way a deal breaker, it doesn't matter especially if I love it, but it would be cool to see after 100% no blood in origins lol. Everyone was made of rubber in Origins. X3 too for that matter!

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #217
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sounds fresh to me, he gives credit to Mangold, even with the third act disappointment most critics talk about. He seems to like the other fight scenes, the bullet train scene has been praised almost universally right now by critics. Plus he ends it with Jackman nailing the Wolverine character and no signs of him flagging.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #218
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:

Its mixed but leans positive. So mixed would be 5/10 but this leans positive so is 6/10.

slumcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #219
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

The tub scene is probably him bathing or something

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #220
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Quote:

Sounds like a 6 or 7 out of ten to me, was pretty positive, except for the odd bit at the end.

Would certainly go down as fresh on RT.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #221
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
The tub scene is probably him bathing or something
I'm hoping.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #222
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Sometimes these Film critics just dont understand! Still trying to figure out how Man of Steel is on 56% on RT but Superman Returns is on 76% or something! They dont really get this...
I'll cover this one.

Superman Returns is a better film than Man Of Steel.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #223
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
http://filmraps.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...eview.html?m=1

and a 9/10 to just make it even better
The one full review I read (after resolving to not read reviews) and it's full of grammatical errors. I actually had to stop reading.

I think the universe is trying to tell me something

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #224
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I'll cover this one.

Superman Returns is a better film than Man Of Steel.
I agree with you.However both of us will now be bashed and attacked like crazy
for saying It

Old 07-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #225
MarvelU
Side-Kick

A generally postive review

Quote:
And look, it’s nowhere near as dark, nor is it as as good a film as any of the chapters in Christopher Nolan’s “Dark Knight” trilogy, but “The Wolverine” strives to be the deepest, most faithful interpretation of the Marvel comics character to date. And with it’s very engaging storyline, Jackman’s immersive, fun turn as the character (some of his line delivery here is just gold!), and some amazingly choreographed stunt sequences (the ‘bullet train’ fight sequence is a sight to behold!) it near succeeds in its plight to be Logan’s finest, most captivating moment on film, too. Mangold (”3:10 to Yuma”, ”Copland”) and his team have breathed new life into the cinematic journals of a character some were ready to give up on after his last ****snooze of a solo film.
http://moviehole.net/201366483the-wo...r-the-hairball