The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: should batman appear in the sequel?
yes 26 44.83%
no 25 43.10%
not sure 7 12.07%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #51
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: should batman appear in the MOS sequel?

Absolutely not. Batman shouldn't be shoehorned into a Superman movie.

It's a giant disservice to both of them.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #52
storyteller
Side-Kick

Though Batman has had many films and Supermans personality vs Batman may be good.In the Reeve movies, did you ever really doubt Superman as a person?

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #53
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Yeah

What is Warner Bros thinking.

Put some nerd's on the pay roll for Pete's sake.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #54
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

I want a World's Finest AND MOS2.

I'm greedy.

and Flash and WW.

Mabe even Plastic Man, Animal Man, and Green Lantern reboot.

and a Batman reboot.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #55
A&W
Side-Kick

this is the perfect direction to go from here. i'm way too stoked

Old 07-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #56
A&W
Side-Kick

i'm now unsure which forum this thread should be in. justice leaguw, superman sequels, or future batman movies

Old 07-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #57
Nathan

I honestly didn't expect this to happen so quickly.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #58
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

It just depends on what the film actally is. Is batman a supporting character in Superman's sequel, or is Superman fully sharing his sequel with Batman, and this would be the first Batman film in a new series as well as a second superman film.

I think I'd rather have the latter, I'm very protective of Batman when it comes to his portrayal in the justice league or with Superman, it's just as easy to make him come across as overpowered (Grant Morisson's JLA) or have him seem like a complete joke (Anything Geoff Johns), and while I understand any need or disappointment to have a proper Man of Steel sequel, I also understand their need to shake things up and give us a film many of us have been waiting for.

It's already working, you look at any news outlet and the Batman/Superman film is the top story coming out of comic con, that's the sort of buzz that DC has needed in a heavy comic con that has top level Marvel sequels up the wazoo.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #59
regwec
Shakespearo

I agree, Sharkboy. I think devising a story that suits both characters' strengths is the key. It needs to be a global threat with some kind of mystery/espionage element, and Batman's cunning should be an essential component in the denouement.

As for the DC/Marvel thing: Marvel farts out a movie every week, so the promise of yet further installments can hardly have the same impact as a Batman/Superman double ticket.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #60
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

I have always wanted to see Batman and Superman in a movie together but I'm really torn on this. I feel like WB is rushing it. I wanted to see another full-on Superman movie before being potentially tied to anyone else. I'm not opposed to having Bruce Wayne cameo but it seems forced to have Batman appear so soon.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #61
OcStat
Side-Kick

I agree. I hope they are able to strike a balance with the character development. What could this team-up do to move the character of Snyder's Superman forward? At this point do we have enough development of Superman to only give him half of his own sequel? And how much screen time does he lose to build up the new Batman? Which brings up the next point...

Is this replacing MoS2? Or is MoS2 and a new Batman going to spin off of this film? Maybe they won't have to waste time explaining Batman too much since he just finished up his own trilogy. But it would have to be clear that it is not the -same- Batman, and that will be challenging. I don't doubt the potential, but it seems like DC is just trying hard to play catch-up. JLA in 2015 was an unrealistic timeframe, but now they still only have 2 years to sell a brand new Batman.

And if people thought the GA would have a hard time buying a new face as Spider-Man, they really have a tough sell replacing Bale.

Last edited by OcStat; 07-21-2013 at 04:33 PM.
OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #62
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

WB/DC is basically admitting thy dont think they have another good solo Superman story and they need to bring in Bats to make it worthwhile.

Besides, after Metropolis has basically been destroyed, no thanks to Supes no less, they need another city for the sequel.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #63
OcStat
Side-Kick

^That too, one of the first comments I read after the announcement was "They need Batman to sell a Superman flick?"

Maybe Batman will hold Superman accountable for the destruction of Metropolis, see him as a potential threat (as was clearly stated in the n52 JL) and build the movie around their antagonistic relationship.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #64
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

I'm actually exted to se what will happen.

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Enriquespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #65
vrivasfl
Side-Kick

I am admittedly a little excited that they want to bring in Batman for the next film, but also very worried. What came over them that they decided to consider this? Certainly not for lack of story ideas. Of the four Christopher Reeve film, only the first two are worth a dan, and they only did Zod and Luthor.

Now Zod has been redone, which is fine because he's so closely identified with Superman's past that it's almost impossible to ignore, but there are so many paths left untraveled. We've yet to see Metallo in a live-action film. We've yet to see Brainiac. We've yet to see Doomsday. Mxyzptlk. Bizarro. Toyman. Darkseid.

There are a lot of options, and while I am very much interested in seeing Batman appear, I still feel strongly that this should be manily Superman's movie. If they are bringing in Batman only because they think Superman can't carry another movie by himself, then they should just stop and walk away. I'd rather they not even make the film.

vrivasfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #66
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

You guys really want Zack Snyder and Goyer to set the direction for the Batman reboot?

because that's what is about to happen.

Let Zack/Goyer do MOS2 and a visionary director and writers do WF.

Then we can appreciate the differences and the Batman reboot will have a fighting chance.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #67
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

No I don't want zach Snyder near anything, but it sounds like WB is desperate. And desperate people do desperate things.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #68
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
It just depends on what the film actally is. Is batman a supporting character in Superman's sequel, or is Superman fully sharing his sequel with Batman, and this would be the first Batman film in a new series as well as a second superman film.

I think I'd rather have the latter, I'm very protective of Batman when it comes to his portrayal in the justice league or with Superman, it's just as easy to make him come across as overpowered (Grant Morisson's JLA) or have him seem like a complete joke (Anything Geoff Johns), and while I understand any need or disappointment to have a proper Man of Steel sequel, I also understand their need to shake things up and give us a film many of us have been waiting for.

It's already working, you look at any news outlet and the Batman/Superman film is the top story coming out of comic con, that's the sort of buzz that DC has needed in a heavy comic con that has top level Marvel sequels up the wazoo.
Yup.

Between JL and WF, I prefer the latter. Does Superman as a character a greater service.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #69
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Yeah I'm excited to see what will happen but you'd be foolish to not be worried about the direction of this. This is definitely rushed.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #70
Blake II
Banned User

Why is this even a thread? It's already been confirmed that Batman WILL be in the Superman sequel. There's nothing anybody can do, so get over it and let's talk about how this team up can work out.

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #71
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
Why is this even a thread? It's already been confirmed that Batman WILL be in the Superman sequel.
Because the thread was started long before the announcement was made.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #72
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
Why is this even a thread? It's already been confirmed that Batman WILL be in the Superman sequel. There's nothing anybody can do, so get over it and let's talk about how this team up can work out.
WB could easily change the title to World's Finest and let Zack/Goyer work on MOS2 minus Batman.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #73
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

They already announced the film as an MoS sequel - even if it's not expressly referred to as being such in their official press release, everything I've seen concerning the actual announcement at Comic-Con indicates that they were very much treating it as being the MoS sequel - so why would they reverse course?

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #74
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

It's not hard to change the title to World's Finest.

That would solve most of the fans' concerns.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #75
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ They haven't given the film a title yet, so there's no 'changing' involved, and I honestly think that, based on what they told us at Comic-Con, they're actually going to call it World's Finest.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote