The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 07-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #26
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

Default Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

I'm not sure all villains need a lead up from other films. I am by no means just going to rubber stamp this(when do I ever?) but I will wait and see how it all goes.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #27
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Human Torch: YES! That's what I'm talking about. There is no Ultron without Hank Pym (and Janet). The Ant-Man movie could have been about Hank becoming a hero and then the end credits scene would've been about him creating Ultron. Then the Phase 3 movies would have been about Ultron turning into how we know him.

Certain villains don't need a lead-up true. But Ultron honestly does because of his history. Look at the recent comic arc. In the end (love it or hate it) it was all about Ultron vs. Hank Pym, and we know Pym (as far as I've been told) is not in Avengers 2. So a huge part of Ultron is not in the movie.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #28
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post
Human Torch: YES! That's what I'm talking about. There is no Ultron without Hank Pym (and Janet). The Ant-Man movie could have been about Hank becoming a hero and then the end credits scene would've been about him creating Ultron. Then the Phase 3 movies would have been about Ultron turning into how we know.
That was what I was hoping for.What is the Ant-Man film going to lead to now,I wonder?

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #29
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
How the heck do you do an Ultron film without Hank & Janet?
You could say that about Avengers1 but still they did it and made it work.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #30
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
You could say that about Avengers1 but still they did it and made it work.
But the character of Ultron is much more tied to the Pyms than the creation of the Avengers was.I mean,take Ultron away from Pym and what does he have in terms of villains?Egghead?

Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

That's about a team though. Black Panther was one of the original Avengers and he didn't make the cut and it was ok. Team members are more or less optional. They had Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk, those were the big ones. Those were the ones they built up.

But you can't have Ultron with Hank Pym, it just doesn't work.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 07-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #32
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

BP was not an original team member. He came along later. Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Ant-Man/Giant-Man, Hulk and maybe Captain America(he's really the first recruit) can be seen as the original team. That's about it.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #33
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Really? I thought Black Panther was, oh well doesn't matter. The point remains. The team only needed the four big members, the villain needs to have its true origins. Hank Pym created Ultron. Thanos wouldn't need a lead-in because he's already had it! And after Guardians of the Galaxy he would have a follow-up. Oh well.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #34
TayDee
Side-Kick

Maybe it was just Whedon trying to sidetrack people. Who really knows. This movie won't be a success or a failure because Pym didn't build Ultron imo. For me, it'll work with Stark creating him, Banner creating him, Shield creating him, or all of the above creating him together. I really don't care. Just do it effectively. If you want to see Pym create Ultron, reread the comic.

TayDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #35
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Part of me wants to say let's trust in Whedon and the other part of me wants to rage against him for trying to take away what makes Hank who he is. It's like not addressing Stark's alcoholism. Ughhh I don't know how to feel. Hopefully he's yanking our chain and he'll talk to Wright and work something out.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #36
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

blalex620 has the right reaction. What do we make of this? You tell me TayDee to re-read the comic but it's not just the comic. The cartoons have done this as well. Hank Pym creates Ultron, not Stark, or Banner, or Reed Richards, or Beast, it's Hank Pym.

That's what makes him a controversial character (aside from slapping Janet) is because he's so smart but he creates one of the greatest villains ever known. It's his eternal curse, his burden to carry that no matter what he does good he'll always have that one evil hanging over him.

In the comics Hank Pym is about redemption, he's trying to redeem himself for what he has done. If Pym didn't create Ultron in the movie that what's Ant-Man going to be about?

Old 07-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #37
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Because it's Ultron. In the comics he was created by Hank Pym, he turned evil, the Avengers destroyed him, then he came back, he created the Vision to infiltrate them but then he became an Avenger, and on and on and on it goes.

This character can't just show up and proclaim it's evil. Imagine if Avengers came before Thor and Loki was still the bad guy, how would we have thought of it? Ultron has too great of a history to just try and be explained in one movie.
this. don't forget all the mandarin ironman 3 comments though.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #38
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

it has also been said that CA2 is the lead in to avengers 2. I am not taking everything for face value

Old 07-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #39
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

jaqua99, not sure what you meant by the first part but the Mandarin comments are proof that taking a risk like this will have backlash. Was Iron Man 3 good, yes! But the Mandarin twist was......well it was what it was. I prefer the version in the comics.

I know that CA2 and maybe Thor 2 will lead in to Avengers 2 but I know (via interview) that Ultron won't be in either clip or cameo spot. So what will they show? The only way to redeem this in my opinion is if they mention Hank Pym in one of them but I doubt they will.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #40
TayDee
Side-Kick

Just because Shane Black did something that drastic doesn't mean it'll have the same effect from Whedon

Old 07-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #41
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

But it could, just announcing this has had an effect. Mandarin wasn't a real plot twist until the movie came out, this is already out. I trust Whedon sure but this could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #42
TayDee
Side-Kick

Well I guess I'll just speak for myself. I don't care who builds him. I just want a good film.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #43
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Ok I've written down my thoughts on this in full. I hope you'll take time to see my point of view.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/07/age-...s-a-bad-thing/

Old 07-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #44
TayDee
Side-Kick

"Yesterday it was announced that Avenger 2 would be called Age of Ultron. At first the shock value hit me. This was a recent comic arc that had really mixed reviews. The ending especially was polarizing at best. But I took it for what it was.

Then I took some time and thought about it, and now I don’t want it at all."

I stopped after reading that. This movie isn't based on that comic.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #45
VictorShade
Side-Kick

If they take Hank out of the Ultron equation, I'm done with the MCU. As much as I love this stuff. Hank was my favorite Avenger, Ultron my favorite Avengers villain.
Hank may be 'B' or 'C' list as far as heros go, but freaking Hawkeye, Widow, and the freaking Falcon ( about a 'H' List hero) get their props in the MCU before Hank, I don't think so. Talk about something that'll suck the joy right of it.

VictorShade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #46
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

it has the age of ultron name because it sounds awesome. Not because its based on the arc that just started a few months ago. Lol
which makes me kinda want Avengers 3 to be subtitled the Thanos imperative if he ends up being the villain.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #47
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

It's impossible for them to do justice to Ultron without the Pyms.That's half the appeal right there.A bad *** robot with an Oedipus complex.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #48
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

since Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are in the film; either Feige or Whedon have hinted that Wanda and Pietro initially "have reason(s) to hate" a team like the Avengers..

Whedon has also stated on record that this Ultron is not the creation of Pym (internet breakage!)..
Since this apparently is Ultron's introduction, it's possible that a Stark-created Ultron is to blame: perhaps it was the prototype to Jarvis, but was discarded by Stark many years ago; a glitch gave it a really aggressive/dangerous personality (and, if loosely based on movie Stark's own brain engrams pre-Iron Man I, why wouldn't it?); but somehow it is released from the 'recycle bin'/storage basement. Tony, being somewhat sentimental with his creations, i.e., the servo dummies, probably didn't want to destroy it outright.

Perhaps the hard drive with Ultron's original CPU was included in all the stuff that went into the ocean in Iron Man 3; from there, maybe some AIM, Hydra or other scavengers retrieve it, then when some scientists tinker around with it, thinking they have devised a counter-weapon to the Avengers that can be replicated and sold to the highest bidders, all heck breaks loose when Ultron's aggressive nature kicks in; Ultron proceeds to give itself (or is given) a tough robotic body (possibly scavenged from the Malibu invasion, or the destroyed remote-armors at the Florida Roxxon facility), then invades and decimates Wanda & Pietro's home country in eastern Europe as a display of its power.

Enter plenty of tension when Fury decides to recruit Quicksilver and the Witch for the team.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #49
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
jaqua99, not sure what you meant by the first part but the Mandarin comments are proof that taking a risk like this will have backlash. Was Iron Man 3 good, yes! But the Mandarin twist was......well it was what it was. I prefer the version in the comics.

I know that CA2 and maybe Thor 2 will lead in to Avengers 2 but I know (via interview) that Ultron won't be in either clip or cameo spot. So what will they show? The only way to redeem this in my opinion is if they mention Hank Pym in one of them but I doubt they will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
Just because Shane Black did something that drastic doesn't mean it'll have the same effect from Whedon
No, I am talking about the pre release interviews. My point is that I feel very confident that there is more to the whole Ultron creation thing

Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #50
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
No, I am talking about the pre release interviews. My point is that I feel very confident that there is more to the whole Ultron creation thing
It could actually be him messing with us. Pym, just as Pym could be in the movie. Either way, now that the first film is out of the way, I can't wait for this. I already know I'm going to enjoy it.