The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Do you think Batman will drag the MOS sequel down?
Yes. 37 40.66%
No. 54 59.34%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Just curious.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

In the hands of Goyer and Snyder writing the story and screenplay, there is a good chance there might.

StraightSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
Andreth
Side-Kick

It's still too early to tell, yes, it's a concern of mine, but I'll wait for more information about the movie first.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Sabaoth
Master

While this new movie is not MOS2, I do think that this movie will reduce the chances our getting a MOS2.
It will be big and will lead us to Justice League.
We will likely get a Batman movie between the two films.
My fear is Superman will end up as just a team player a la Hulk and be unable to get another solo movie for a long time.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Tra-El
Side-Kick

No. Snyder said in the Bat was just one single element to the story and brought out the passage as to how and why his introduction could make sense. I think this will be more directed towards the Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne/ Luthor dynamic than it would be with the Superman/Batman relationship. I think they will throw down at the end of the movie with quick turnaround, but Superman's world will be more fleshed out than Batman's story so I don't think he will drag it down. I think Bruce will be written into the story alongside Lex as the villain and eventually, join forces with Supes after their showdown once Lex is exposed.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #6
Andreth
Side-Kick

Who has the entire coverage for this, I haven't been able to follow the news, Did they announce it was a Man of Steel sequel? or did they call it a World's Finest movie?

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Who has the entire coverage for this, I haven't been able to follow the news, Did they announce it was a Man of Steel sequel? or did they call it a World's Finest movie?
Here is the entire video of the announcement

http://batman-news.com/2013/07/21/wa...ncement-video/

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #8
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Entirely possible if they go the Bruce Timm route of making Batman the protagonist in every encounter he has with Superman. Best Superman ever does is achieve co-protagonist status but Batman never takes a backseat to Superman in those cartoons. Why should we think the movies would be any different?

Old 07-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Here is the entire video of the announcement

http://batman-news.com/2013/07/21/wa...ncement-video/
Thank you

TRUEBLOOD
Old 07-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
No. Snyder said in the Bat was just one single element to the story and brought out the passage as to how and why his introduction could make sense. I think this will be more directed towards the Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne/ Luthor dynamic than it would be with the Superman/Batman relationship. I think they will throw down at the end of the movie with quick turnaround, but Superman's world will be more fleshed out than Batman's story so I don't think he will drag it down. I think Bruce will be written into the story alongside Lex as the villain and eventually, join forces with Supes after their showdown once Lex is exposed.
In that case, that's a great idea! By "teasing" Batman near the end of the film, it can set up World's Finest while being a strong self-contained narrative.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
That's the question we all want to know the answer to!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
Sabaoth
Master

Snyder pretty much said they are doing "another Superman movie" and that they are using the Dark Knight Returns as guide although it is not a direct adaptation.

Even the official WB press release does not call this a "sequel" to Man of Steel.

This new movie is a sequel to Man of Steel in the manner that Avengers is a sequel to the first two Iron Man movies.

Where in the video did Snyder say "" the Bat was just one single element to the story"?

Fanboys will spin this and I understand why they feel the need to do so.

Heck, even the official thread on this forum is calling this movie World's Finest and NOT MOS2!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #13
Sabaoth
Master

I'm not craping on the movie. I'm going to be excited all the way through and through but at least lets call it what it is : World's Finest.

Last edited by Sabaoth; 07-21-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Sabaoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

This can help you. http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/21...-at-comic-con/

Old 07-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaoth View Post
Snyder pretty much said they are doing "another Superman movie" and that they are using the Dark Knight Returns as guide although it is not a direct adaptation.

Even the official WB press release does not call this a "sequel" to Man of Steel.

This new movie is a sequel to Man of Steel in the manner that Avengers is a sequel to the first two Iron Man movies.

Where in the video did Snyder say "" the Bat was just one single element to the story"?

Fanboys will spin this and I understand why they feel the need to do so.

Heck, even the official thread on this forum is calling this movie World's Finest and NOT MOS2!
The official thread on this forum? How official is it? Not like someone from WB who knows the exact title of the film started the thread.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it'd be great to have some links and interviews so we can read all those things ourselves. If you have a link for when Snyder said this please share it.

TRUEBLOOD
Old 07-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it'd be great to have some links and interviews so we can read all those things ourselves. If you have a link for when Snyder said this please share it.
http://www.hitfix.com/news/report-su...e-in-the-works

Snyder made a surprise appearance at at the Con in order to reveal the news.

"I know there is some speculation about what we are doing and it is official that we are going to make another Superman movie," he told the Hall H crowd. "And so you know what happens next. [People will ask] 'Well Zack, what's the next movie about?' And the truth is you don't want to know, right? It's a movie. But, I can say there is a single element that's in the film, that I could help you out with."

Old 07-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

And in regards to the question...it depends on how it's done.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #19
The Guard
Side-Kick

Hamper it how?

No more than Batman ever hampered Superman's mythology.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #20
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Hamper it how?

No more than Batman ever hampered Superman's mythology.
In comics

On the Batman side of things, was Hush really worse for having Superman in it? :P

If they pull this off well, though this could allow for a purer representation of the comic book universes on film. I'm still on the fence, but I'm seeing real potential

Old 07-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #21
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
I do hope Superman's story will be fleshed out more and Batman's just there to get the butts in seats.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Howbout Batman as post-credits scene? But advertise the post-credits scene like crazy

Old 07-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #23
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Howbout Batman as post-credits scene? But advertise the post-credits scene like crazy
Love it

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #24
bluearth
Side-Kick

Im actually more worried about Superman hampering our first look at the new Batman. As long as we get a fleshed out Batman, which means good, solid looks at the Wayne Manor, Batcave, Alfred, and a decent amount of Commissioner Gordon etc I think we'll be fine.

For sure this film will be 2.5 hours. With most of Superman's origin out of the way and treating Batman as a character the audience already knows for the most part, it will be fine.

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #25
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
http://www.hitfix.com/news/report-su...e-in-the-works

Snyder made a surprise appearance at at the Con in order to reveal the news.

"I know there is some speculation about what we are doing and it is official that we are going to make another Superman movie," he told the Hall H crowd. "And so you know what happens next. [People will ask] 'Well Zack, what's the next movie about?' And the truth is you don't want to know, right? It's a movie. But, I can say there is a single element that's in the film, that I could help you out with."

I have no idea how people are misinterpreting what he actually said.
As to the question, IDK;'Snyder seems to love and respect Superman but Goyer wrote Batman. I guess people are worried this will be like Superman/Batman in the 90's. the only thing I really remember from those encounters was they had to make Batman smarter and tone down Superman's intelligence.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote