The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman Begins

View Poll Results: The Best Super hero Origin Movie ?
Batman Begins 42 56.00%
Captain America 5 6.67%
Iron Man 9 12.00%
Spider Man 5 6.67%
Superman The Movie 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #401
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,225
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Captain America was better than Amazing Spider-Man or Man Of Steel? In what universe were there better emotional scenes or action in that movie the other two?? In what universe was the score better? In what friggin universe was the villain (Red Skull) better than Michael Shannon's Zod or even Faora? In WHAT UNIVERSE is Captain Cheeseface better than Cavill's Superman?

You cant honestly say the writing or emotion put into MOS is not on part with Cap who was this wooden as hell, cheesy, watered down version of what could have been something you can take seriously...when you look at the War surroundings.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #402
Tequilla
Side-Kick
 
Tequilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: P
Posts: 1,603
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
It's not hard to be bounds better than MOS. Just have scenes in your film with setups and payoffs.





But MOS is still infinitely better than c(r)ap or asm , both of which almost defy being considered movies. I would gladly rewatch the Pynum movies than any of those. At least there's something offensively cheeky in those movies. The others are just bad.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #403
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,225
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

I actually liked Amazing Spider-Man more than Raimis first try at the character (which ive always liked). It's not a great movie, just solid. Garfield really carries that movie though.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #404
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,027
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post



But MOS is still infinitely better than c(r)ap or asm , both of which almost defy being considered movies. I would gladly rewatch the Pynum movies than any of those. At least there's something offensively cheeky in those movies. The others are just bad.
Seriously though, David Goyer looks like that assassin that James Bond lets fall in Shang Hai. No wonder I enjoy that scene so much.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #405
Tequilla
Side-Kick
 
Tequilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: P
Posts: 1,603
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Cgi was kinda shoddy in that scene.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I actually liked Amazing Spider-Man more than Raimis first try at the character (which ive always liked). It's not a great movie, just solid. Garfield really carries that movie though.
Emma Stone is not that cute.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #406
TheGuy
Side-Kick
 
TheGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 673
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

I really love Evans as Cap. He was far from cheesy, quite honest in expressing Cap's social awkwardness actually. The scene with him and Peggy after he was ridiculed by the soldiers talking about he was used and has no purpose, incredible. And the first thirty minutes or so, before becoming Cap, amazing.

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #407
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
It's not hard to be bounds better than MOS. Just have scenes in your film with setups and payoffs.
In your opinion!

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #408
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
In your opinion!
No. In the movie.


Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:46 AM   #409
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,027
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
In your opinion!
Oh really? Next you're gonna tell me the sun rises in the east or some such other brilliant revelation! I can't wait.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:48 AM   #410
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Oh really? Next you're gonna tell me the sun rises in the east or some such other brilliant revelation! I can't wait.
Just giving you the same respect you gave me.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #411
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,150
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Captain America was better than Amazing Spider-Man or Man Of Steel? In what universe were there better emotional scenes or action in that movie the other two?? In what universe was the score better? In what friggin universe was the villain (Red Skull) better than Michael Shannon's Zod or even Faora? In WHAT UNIVERSE is Captain Cheeseface better than Cavill's Superman?

You cant honestly say the writing or emotion put into MOS is not on part with Cap who was this wooden as hell, cheesy, watered down version of what could have been something you can take seriously...when you look at the War surroundings.
First half of Captain America **** on The Man of Steel, the 2nd half However was underwhelming.

__________________
STAR WARS
Returns 2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #412
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,027
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Just giving you the same respect you gave me.
The heck you on about? I never raised the obvious fact about your opinion being....your own opinion.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #413
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
The heck you on about? I never raised the obvious fact about your opinion being....your own opinion.
I was talking about before when you were been a jackass for no reason check back on previous pages.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #414
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,027
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I was talking about before when you were been a jackass for no reason check back on previous pages.
I repeat: when did I ever insinuate your opinions were fact? Because that is the only way you are gonna make sense of your "respect" post.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #415
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
I repeat: when did I ever insinuate your opinions were fact? Because that is the only way you are gonna make sense of your "respect" post.
What are you talking about?

I'm talking about this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
That went exactly as you expected. Congrats.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #416
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,027
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

And? Where does that imply anything about facts and opinions?

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #417
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
And? Where does that imply anything about facts and opinions?
When did I say a ything about facts or opinions?

You were been a jackass for no reason with that snarky comment.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #418
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,027
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
When did I say a ything about facts or opinions?

You were been a jackass for no reason with that snarky comment.
Quote:
When did I say a ything about facts or opinions?
Your useless remark when you breathtakingly replied "In your opinion". Does that ring a bell?

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #419
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
Your useless remark when you breathtakingly replied "In your opinion". Does that ring a bell?
So why are you ignoring the fact that you were disrespectful before?

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #420
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,027
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
So why are you ignoring the fact that you were disrespectful before?
I had no lingering reckoning of this episode. Until you made it a needless point to bring it back up with insulting me in the worst way imaginable ("in your opinion"; really?). Perhaps your retort should've been something conceptually closer to what I did so as to rekindle me of your intent, because I spent quite a lot of time being confused as I forgot about whatever bodily harm I may or may not have caused you. Because as it was it wasn't much of an insult at all; more of a farce.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #421
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
I had no lingering reckoning of this episode. Until you made it a needless point to bring it back up with insulting me in the worst way imaginable ("in your opinion"; really?). Perhaps your retort should've been something conceptually closer to what I did so as to rekindle me of your intent, because I spent quite a lot of time being confused as I forgot about whatever bodily harm I may or may not have caused you. Because as it was it wasn't much of an insult at all; more of a farce.
The worst way imaginable really? Jesus if that's the worst way imaginable then you really must have lived a sheltered life. You were been a jackas for no reason so I was a jackass back, end of!

And because you can't remember doing it that makes it OK, does it? Why should you get away with it? I even PM'd you about it and you just ignored me.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 07-28-2013 at 06:27 AM.
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #422
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,410
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Bb
im
tasm
mos/sm
cap
thor

__________________
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Spidey flick I've always wanted to see.
I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I smiled. Thank You so much Andrew, Emma and Webb for making such a special film!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #423
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,410
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Alright folks calm down, no need to cry

__________________
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Spidey flick I've always wanted to see.
I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I smiled. Thank You so much Andrew, Emma and Webb for making such a special film!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #424
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Alright folks calm down, no need to cry


Sorry for derailing the thread

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #425
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick
 
BatmanGoesToRio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 424
Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

I voted for Spider-Man.
Though I'm a Batman fan Spidey's first flick entertainend me more. Maybe it's all about Kirsten Dunst.

What I love about Begins is the origin story itself. What I also love is that the whole "Gotham must be destroyed"-storyline is built up simultaneously and not just an added third act. Also Begins had some amazing Batman scenes like the docks, the bats he called, Batman standing on a building after the Falcone incident, the Joker card etc. And Jim Gordon was finally done right.

What I did'nt like at all was the third act itself. The whole microwaver stuff just didn't fit into the vibe of this movie, the action was lame, the fear gas scenes were extremly lame and I hated the "I don't have to save you" line. And, of course, the one liners were pretty annoying.

"Begins" was a very good origin movie (8/10). I enjoyed Spider-Man even more, though. Maybe it's just the microwave emitter that got me out of "Begins".

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.