The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #501
InJustice
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Not to be too negative, but the fact that they announced this film by reading from the The Dark Knight Returns and given how much the new Bat-symbol resembles the one from that graphic novel, it does indeed make me apprehensive about how Superman will be portrayed in this film. On the other hand, it was rather reassuring during the marketing for MOS that Snyder said he wanted Cavill's Superman to be the complete opposite of TDKR's interpretation of the character.
The Bat symbol is likely a placeholder, until Batman is made finalized as Snyder and Goyer didn't even finalize their Batman yet -let alone wrote a script-

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #502
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Yeah, but there is also the new Batsymbol which is also very uniquely straight from that graphic novel...
So? It's a cool classic looking symbol,doesn't mean anything.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #503
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
So? It's a cool classic looking symbol,doesn't mean anything.
Well, it might just be a placeholder as mentioned above, but it is showing more and more influence from TDKR. Also, Goyer mentioning the posisbility of "Batman vs Superman" as a title suggests a similar antagonistic relationship between the characters in the film. Also, I'd say the symbol is far from "classic". It is a very specific and unique design. in comparison to most other Batsymbol designs, it is far more blocky, macho and brutal looking. There are certain implications behind the design. It's not just about looking "cool" in my opinion.

DKDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #504
The Guard
Side-Kick

Isn't that just the logo from the new 52 Batman/Superman book?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #505
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Well, it might just be a placeholder as mentioned above, but it is showing more and more influence from TDKR. Also, Goyer mentioning the posisbility of "Batman vs Superman" as a title suggests a similar antagonistic relationship between the characters in the film. Also, I'd say the symbol is far from "classic". It is a very specific and unique design. in comparison to most other Batsymbol designs, it is far more blocky, macho and brutal looking. There are certain implications behind the design. It's not just about looking "cool" in my opinion.
Yeah could be I suppose, I just think people are panicking over nothing right now.

I think it's very classic.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #506
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113 View Post
Cryptic indeed. But as you said, if this is heavily based off of TDKReturns I might get up and leave the theater. If Superman is portrayed as puppet-douchebag-idiot as Frank Miller portrayed him I'm going to riot.

I really hate Frank Miller, completely bastardized Superman. I hope one day a Superman writer makes a Superman story with Bats included as the Adam West version and it becomes massively popular and a classic. Because that's basically what Frank Miller did to Superman. He just took a big ole dump on the first, the greatest, superhero.
I'd like that A LOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Okay, so here's a list of pros and cons that I see coming out of this film:

PROS-

1. Batman and Superman fill FINALLY get to share the same screen for the first time in live action format.

2. This will help speed up and forward the movement to the eventual Justice League film, while expanding the DC Universe.

3. Batman is rebooted without having to actually have an entire film devoted to him after only 3 years after Nolan's Dark Knight conclusion.

4. Goyer and Snyder are behind it.

5. The character dynamics between Superman and Batman.

6. This will likely make more money at the BO than a solo Superman sequel film.

CONS-

1. Superman is robbed of his solo sequel film.

2. We won't get a chance to see the necessary amount of time devoted towards seeing how Clark established the persona of Superman to the general public after the events of MOS.

3. Superman is no longer the main protagonist of the film.

4. Goyer and Snyder are behind this project.lol

5. This could mean that we'll never see another solo superman film again if this hits it off right.

6. Superman could very well be overshadowed by Batman's presence and lose every single thing to him in the process.
I like all of your points. But I believe there might be a way everyone wins, even Superman fans.

Quote:
I honestly don't see the reason for having a Batman vs Superman fight since it's a given for most people here that Batman would win simply because the writers would think that it's more "creative" and less predictable to do so, which is ironic since it's very predictable to know that Batman would be the one chosen to win these scenarios by now.
I agree, I'll gladly welcome a twist that Superman will actually win the fight just to piss off the raging fanboys.

Quote:
Agreed entirely with this. I can't see why most would be happy about this when you consider how MOS ended in terms of where Clark was at. Clark is just barely starting out as Superman by the end of the film, and before we can see that glorious process of him solidifying himself as Superman, they want to throw him with Batman already?

We just saw so much potential in development and stuff that needed to be covered simply because of Batman's inclusion and the fact that the people at Warner bros. wants something to be shown in 2015 and don't feel confident enough in a solo superman sequel.
I agree too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Not sure if this has been posted but I know there are some JeremyJahns fans on this board and he posted his thoughts
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Supes/Bat logo looks better in this video though IMO
Some of Jeremy's points could actually work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
For me the movie needs to address the following;

* Superman KILLED someone.
What are the consequences of that. I would love Batman to outright call Superman a murderer because technically he is.

* Half of Metropolis was destroyed on Superman's watch.
What is the fall out of that? How does the general inhabitants of earth feel about that?

* Superman can go anywhere and do anything.
If Superman wanted to fly to the White House break Obama's neck (obviously not a fan of Obamacare ) nothing on this Planet could stop him. The Military or world leaders cannot possibly be happy with an individual not elected wielding so much power.

Weighty themes that could fill an entire movie WITHOUT Batman, so Batman can be the voice of military and humanity. Batman can be the one to say what we are thinking but also have the recourses to actually do something about it.

Whether this is seen from Batman's point of view or Superman's, it's all good as long as they aren't swept under the carpet for spectacle.
Throw in addressing Lex Luthor, then I'm in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
The HISHE café seen will be fun between Batman and Superman after the WF movie is released

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
If they label it as Man of Steel sequel then Batman fans shouldn't be upset. If they still are I will gladly lend them my dark knight trilogy copy.

If this is a true Worlds Finest film then it has to be both full on.

But this should be mos 2. Featuring Batman. I hope down the line they say that it's not a Batman film. Its Superman film where Batman appears.
Exactly. After listening to JeremyJahns' video, and his ideas for how this movie should go, I propose a twist to the usual perception of things. Seeing as WB are money hungry executives, they will beg Snyder to also stick in a way for Superman & Batman to throw down in one way or another for $$$ and that they said that The Dark Knight Returns is going to provide ideas, here's how I think it could go.

The movie will still be primarily a Superman movie(we'll still get everything we want from a sequel to MOS), however along with Lex Luthor, the other villain until later is none other than Bruce Wayne/Batman himself? In TDKReturns Superman was sort of a semi-villain to Batman, what if it's the other way around here? He allies himself with Luthor believing that the alien must be taken down etc then builds a battle-suit just like:

They throw down for a bit and Superman emerges as the victor(as he should because no one wants to see a madman's mid-life crisis manifestations), at the last moment Batman fears Superman could kill him, then stops and realizes that "this man is not our enemy". Then they team up and stop Luthor's scheme.

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #507
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

So i'm kinda late to the party...i missed some details. Is this gonna be a separate project or has this been confirmed as MOS sequel?

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #508
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
So i'm kinda late to the party...i missed some details. Is this gonna be a separate project or has this been confirmed as MOS sequel?
Confirmed MOS sequel

Old 07-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #509
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Okay well..damn...

On one hand, weird move by DC for a MOS sequel, so i can understand why some of you guys are worried.

That said...it's freakin'Batman...and Superman, in a movie directed by Zack Snyder!

If you're not excited for this, i don't think you have a pulse to begin with

Old 07-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #510
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL. FOR. AWESOMENESS.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #511
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post

Didn't like the Public Enemies animated film but that scene was good.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #512
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:

That's awesome!

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #513
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Loved the PE film much better than Apocalypse which wasn't much if a team up film tbh.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #514
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Okay well..damn...

On one hand, weird move by DC for a MOS sequel, so i can understand why some of you guys are worried.

That said...it's freakin'Batman...and Superman, in a movie directed by Zack Snyder!

If you're not excited for this, i don't think you have a pulse to begin with
I think WBs knows they have to do something big to combat Marvel and it doesn't get any bigger than Superman and Batman on screen together.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #515
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:

Bromance!

Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #516
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
Bromance!
Would you guys be fine with this Bromance being played out like the Spock and Kirk one from the New Star Trek movies?

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #517
J.Howlett

Has there been any reports or theories as to how long Goyer has been writing the script for Man of Steel 2?

Old 07-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #518
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think WBs knows they have to do something big to combat Marvel and it doesn't get any bigger than Superman and Batman on screen together.
It's just...feels wrong to sacrifice a REAL MOS sequel by doing this.

Batman is just one of those characters that, if you put him in a room with other characters, he's going to steal the spotlight. It doesn't matter which characters you paired him up with,He's going to steal the show.

But then again,it's Batman and Superman in a movie directed by freakin' Snyder!

To say i'm excited for this would be a n understatement!

Old 07-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #519
J.Howlett

Quote:
Loved the PE film much better than Apocalypse which wasn't much if a team up film tbh.
I had the opposite reaction. I was kind of stunned by Apocalypse even though I know they rushed through some things to get where they needed to get to. But man, the throw downs in that film are worth the price alone. Plus, I loved the artwork and animation better in that one than Public Enemies.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #520
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Would you guys be fine with this Bromance being played out like the Spock and Kirk one from the New Star Trek movies?
That was a complete romance!

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #521
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I loved Apocalypse for one reason:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #522
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Confirmed MOS sequel
I want to know what they mean by that. Is it a MOS sequel in the sense that it takes place after the events of MOS / the events of MOS play a major part or is it a Superman film guest starring Batman in the same way how Iron Man 2 was an Iron Man film but with Black Widow in it?

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #523
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Batman is just one of those characters that, if you put him in a room with other characters, he's going to steal the spotlight. It doesn't matter which characters you paired him up with,He's going to steal the show.
Maybe it's just me (after all Supes is my favorite hero), but I've never felt that Bats steals the spotlight. Superman can always hold his own in the "coolness" factor IMO, especially with the way Snyder displayed his powers in MoS.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #524
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I want to know what they mean by that. Is it a MOS sequel in the sense that it takes place after the events of MOS / the events of MOS play a major part or is it a Superman film guest starring Batman in the same way how Iron Man 2 was an Iron Man film but with Black Widow in it?
This. But probably more Superman centric. This is Man of Steel 2 and Batman is one of the characters just like Lois Lane is one of the characters.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #525
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
This. But probably more Superman centric. This is Man of Steel 2 and Batman is one of the characters just like Lois Lane is one of the characters.
I'm hoping it's that.

I understand and share the concerns that Superman might be shortchanged by the inclusion of Batman.

Superman and Batman are my 2 favorite heroes. But Superman will always get the edge for me.

If they can find a way to work Bruce/Bats into the story, and that furthers along the storyline they've established in MOS, and furthers Superman's character development, then more power to them.

and given the time and work they put into MOS to establish this new Superman, somehow I doubt they will just crap all over that by turning Superman into Batman's b***h ala TDKR.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote