The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #76
Sabaoth
Master

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
Um, that's not the same thing at all.
how so?

Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #77
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
You're right. Makes far more sense to listen to you than Zack Snyder at this point....
LMAO, if I wasn't so attached to my sig, Id use this for my new one.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #78
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I agree. I hope it's more like: Man of Steel To Batman the Dark Knight: The World's Finest.
You're being sarcastic, right?

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #79
sahin
Side-Kick

I'd choose DYLAN BRUCE (Orphan Black) as the next Batman/Bruce Wayne

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #80
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaoth View Post
how so?
Because that's a continuing story/universe. If they rebooted iron man and kept rdj then your comment would make sense.

Dispatch Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #81
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
I'd choose DYLAN BRUCE (Orphan Black) as the next Batman/Bruce Wayne

How tall is he? Can he act? Wait how tall is Batman supposed to be?

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #82
Sabaoth
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
new film to be inspired by dark knight returns

dear god please be false, if not then my excitement level has dropped hugely
Don't let it drop just yet.
But I think we can be confident that Goyer's interpretation of Superman will not be the boy scout cop regardless of the fact that it But it is a fact that they are using FM's TDKR to guide them.
I'm sure we will get a recreation of the popular Superman vs. Batman battle from the last issue of the series, and other cool moments from those books. IMO TDKR is the best comic of all time (regardless of how it destroyed Superman for a couple of generation of fanboys.)

I have faith in Goyer.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #83
verisimilitude
"Great Shades of Elvis"

Wow. This is huge news. I haven't logged on in a while - but I'm intrigued.

However, having watched MOS, which I loved, but I feel lacked a lot of character development and was a bit thin at times --- I think the WB are going for the easy money, offering spectacle and eye candy and rushing to keep up with Marvel and the Avengers.

I laughed hysterically when the same people that were complaining that SR had little to no action and they wanted Supes to kick ass --- started complaining that MOS had TOO MUCH ACTION. "You asked for it - you got it" - and hats off to Synder for that.

But I'm not a fan of Goyer and some of the lines were terrible. Even though we've had over 10 years of character development on Smallville (perhaps a bit too much) -- -in MOS? Come on! 'Smallville' was rushed like pregnant woman to maternity -- and the delivery was agony.

I found people complaining about the *SPOILER*

Clark breaking 'someone's' neck

*END SPOILER*

but I think the thing that I absolutely hated the most was this:

Clark: "I let my father die, because I trusted him" - Superman would NEVER do that, man.

Anyway, back to the SUPERMAN/BATMAN thing.

I am in the minority that wasn't a fan of the Nolan trilogy - so I was optimistic about looking forward to a new take on the character.

But I would be disappointed if this is a SUPERMAN film with a bit of batman intro in it --- or a SUPERMAN/BATMAN film in which our first look at our new Batman is incomplete due to being rushed, only having half the screen time and thus not enough time for him to be developed.

If he's introduced "starting off" - then I feel it's sad, since not only I would have loved to have seen Snyders take on Bats as a solo gig ... but, yes ... you guess it...

Again, we're offered novelty and spectacle of having these two giants on screen ... at the cost of losing precious air time for character development of both characters (and their respective surrounding allies and foes)

The whole Clark/Daily Planet/Lois Lane thing needs more time to breathe --- and the man only just got their at the end of the movie! Give him time! Patience WB!

The correct way in my mind to do this would be:

Get MAN OF STEEL 2 in production

Get a new SOLO Batman film in production

Some how have the events of both films tie to one another --- leading to the meeting of these titans --- and they have a small meeting in an after scene appearance at the end of one of these films --- which leads to a SUPERMAN / BATMAN (Public enemies) type film --- which would -- -yep, introduce Wonder Woman at the end

Leading eventually to a Justice League.

It needs time.

If it's introducing Batman as a guy already in the works - then they do a prequel in the future introducing his world -- then maybe that could work.

Just my two pennies.

It's a great time to be a superhero fan.

PS - Also, could someone please photoshop the 'BAT LOGO' so we can have a good look at it by it self? Thanks in advance guys.

V

Last edited by verisimilitude; 07-21-2013 at 12:00 PM.
verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #84
gothamninja394
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
They don't need to do Batman's origins again (we just saw a fantastic interpretation on them back in 2005, it was called Batman Begins). Having an already established Batman could work fine. Maybe Superman's battle with Zod causes Batman to become more open about his vigilante activities.
Last I checked, they're already going to revamp Batman anyways, and when it comes to movies that means retelling his origin story again, which was done with Batman Begins after it was already told in the 1989 Batman, although Nolan managed to do a much better job when it came to how "in depth" they did with the story instead of simply saying, "he lost his parents at age 8". But anyways, this is what I've been waiting for since the teaser pic of Batman and Superman that was posted back when I was in middle school :P And I really dont think it'd be fair to give Batman a cameo appearance, not to the character of Batman or to the Bat-fanbase alike, so I'm seeing the two of them both having huge roles, or else why the freakin combined symbols logo? That says that its got to be bigger then that. Not to mention that if I'm reading it correctly, they wont be on friendly terms at the beginning, so I hope we get to see some serious action from both of them I just pray that we wont be disappointed as Warner Bros. has already managed to do with the cancellation of Young Justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verisimilitude View Post
Wow. This is huge news. I haven't logged on in a while - but I'm intrigued.

However, having watched MOS, which I loved, but I feel lacked a lot of character development and was a bit thin at times --- I think the WB are going for the easy money, offering spectacle and eye candy and rushing to keep up with Marvel and the Avengers.

I laughed hysterically when the same people that were complaining that SR had little to no action and they wanted Supes to kick ass --- started complaining that MOS had TOO MUCH ACTION. "You asked for it - you got it" - and hats off to Synder for that.

But I'm not a fan of Goyer and some of the lines were terrible. Even though we've had over 10 years of character development on Smallville (perhaps a bit too much) -- -in MOS? Come on! 'Smallville' was rushed like pregnant woman to maternity -- and the delivery was agony.

I found people complaining about the *SPOILER*

Clark breaking 'someone's' neck

*END SPOILER*

but I think the thing that I absolutely hated the most was this:

Clark: "I let my father die, because I trusted him" - Superman would NEVER do that, man.

Anyway, back to the SUPERMAN/BATMAN thing.

I am in the minority that wasn't a fan of the Nolan trilogy - so I was optimistic about looking forward to a new take on the character.

But I would be disappointed if this is a SUPERMAN film with a bit of batman intro in it --- or a SUPERMAN/BATMAN film in which our first look at our new Batman is incomplete due to being rushed, only having half the screen time and thus not enough time for him to be developed.

If he's introduced "starting off" - then I feel it's sad, since not only I would have loved to have seen Snyders take on Bats as a solo gig ... but, yes ... you guess it...

Again, we're offered novelty and spectacle of having these two giants on screen ... at the cost of losing precious air time for character development of both characters (and their respective surrounding allies and foes)

The whole Clark/Daily Planet/Lois Lane thing needs more time to breathe --- and the man only just got their at the end of the movie! Give him time! Patience WB!

The correct way in my mind to do this would be:

Get MAN OF STEEL 2 in production

Get a new SOLO Batman film in production

Some how have the events of both films tie to one another --- leading to the meeting of these titans --- and they have a small meeting in an after scene appearance at the end of one of these films --- which leads to a SUPERMAN / BATMAN (Public enemies) type film --- which would -- -yep, introduce Wonder Woman at the end

Leading eventually to a Justice League.

It needs time.

If it's introducing Batman as a guy already in the works - then they do a prequel in the future introducing his world -- then maybe that could work.

Just my two pennies.

It's a great time to be a superhero fan.
V
Dude I think you basically covered much of what I was gonna say, that would certainly work, and its the same thing that was done with Star Wars, although I know for whatever reason people hated episode 1. I swear, fans...ugh! But anyways, returning to what I was saying, I agree with you on them doing it this way, not saying they will but they should. And I've noticed, patience seems to be a growing problem in the world of hollywood (reality too). Great shows and movies alike, starting out good but are rushed and it makes the product as a whole fail because you use up the best of what you have before the end. Returning to the main topic though, they could very well use the Man of Steel sequel if its truly a sequel to introduce Batman, and if done right can really do well, but it takes the right people and I mean everyone, not just the actors since we still dont know who will be given the role of the Bat. However, they also need to use what they have correctly and not just slap stuff together and call it a movie. Dragonball Evolution is a prime example of this, as they had seven years to do it right and utterly failed.

Last edited by gothamninja394; 07-21-2013 at 01:45 PM.
gothamninja394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #85
verisimilitude
"Great Shades of Elvis"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamninja394 View Post
Dude I think you basically covered much of what I was gonna say, that would certainly work, and its the same thing that was done with Star Wars, although I know for whatever reason people hated episode 1. I swear, fans...ugh! But anyways, returning to what I was saying, I agree with you on them doing it this way, not saying they will but they should. And I've noticed, patience seems to be a growing problem in the world of hollywood (reality too). Great shows and movies alike, starting out good but are rushed and it makes the product as a whole fail because you use up the best of what you have before the end. Returning to the main topic though, they could very well use the Man of Steel sequel if its truly a sequel to introduce Batman, and if done right can really do well, but it takes the right people and I mean everyone, not just the actors since we still dont know who will be given the role of the Bat. However, they also need to use what they have correctly and not just slap stuff together and call it a movie...

verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #86
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

In other places people are automatically saying this will equal a billion dollar gross. I hate when people say that based on absolutely nothing except 2 big Superhero names. Snyder and Goyer need to go through the criticism of their film and come to a consensus of what worked well and what people didn't embrace. They don't need to pander to critics, but it would t hurt if they changed their approach a little. That is why I fear that the right people might not be involved if the writer is Goyer and Snyder and the director is Snyder.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 07-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #87
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
In other places people are automatically saying this will equal a billion dollar gross. I hate when people say that based on absolutely nothing except 2 big Superhero names. Snyder and Goyer need to go through the criticism of their film and come to a consensus of what worked well and what people didn't embrace. They don't need to pander to critics, but it would t hurt if they changed their approach a little. That is why I fear that the right people might not be involved if the writer is Goyer and Snyder and the director is Snyder.
Well, I felt like Nolan at least tried to improve the fight scenes in the BB sequels.
If MOS overcompensated for SR, maybe MOS2 can overcompensate for MOS with LOADS of character development and more plot?

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #88
Arta
Side-Kick

Arta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #89
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arta View Post
Hahahaha. That's amazing. Batman's expression to hearing Snyder and Goyer doing the screenplay was exactly mine.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #90
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arta View Post
This is so bad it's hilarious imo.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #91
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Hahahaha. That's amazing. Batman's expression to hearing Snyder and Goyer doing the screenplay was exactly mine.

Batman's like "wait a second."

Old 07-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #92
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Well, I felt like Nolan at least tried to improve the fight scenes in the BB sequels.
If MOS overcompensated for SR, maybe MOS2 can overcompensate for MOS with LOADS of character development and more plot?
MOS was definitely compensating for SR which is why u had so many things blowing up and Kryptonians being thrown into buildings. Goyer did write BB and that was a great story, he also did TDK? Another awesome story,but he's also the one who thought it would be a good idea to have Clark let his father did. And Zack Snyder did Sucker Punch.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 07-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #93
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
new film to be inspired by dark knight returns

dear god please be false, if not then my excitement level has dropped hugely
It's absolutely false... only because the phrase ( to present batman) that doesn't mean anything

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #94
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
MOS was definitely compensating for SR which is why u had so many things blowing up and Kryptonians being thrown into buildings. Goyer did write BB and that was a great story, he also did TDK? Another awesome story,but he's also the one who thought it would be a good idea to have Clark let his father did. And Zack Snyder did Sucker Punch.
Pa Kent was well developed in my opinion... Clark is not even Superman (so you and the rest can't say superman can't do this) He trusted him... and Pa kent's fear could go in MOS 2... yeah Goyer did the script for TDK with Nolan's brother...

Old 07-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #95
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Did u notice I said nowhere in my thread what Superman can of cannot do nor did I say Superman let his dad did, I said Clark did; and I don't care if he's Superman or not IMO it was dumb.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 07-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #96
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

villains should be Lex and Clayface. Lex hires Clayface to frame Superman and or Batman either against each other or the public.

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #97
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did u notice I said nowhere in my thread what Superman can of cannot do nor did I say Superman let his dad did, I said Clark did; and I don't care if he's Superman or not IMO it was dumb.
The message of Pa Kent's sacrifice is noble and is a refreshing change from the usual heart attack fate, but the tornado as a device isn't the best I agree.

Clark is 17-18 during the scene, and showed moments earlier in the car that he's every bit his age with the argument with Pa Kent. Clark might be incredibly smart and understand Pa Kent's intention and sacrifice on an intellectual level, but as a typical 17-18 year old, would he have emotionally accepted it? He has demonstrated before that his first instinct is to save lives regardless of any caution. And here we're talking about his dad.

Last edited by PacificBoy; 07-21-2013 at 10:36 PM.
PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #98
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

I hope we get the John Byrne or Frank Miller WF

The Ironstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #99
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
OK I'm confused... what do you mean?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #100
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
The message of Pa Kent's sacrifice is noble and is a refreshing change from the usual heart attack fate, but the tornado as a device isn't the best I agree.

Clark is 17-18 during the scene, and showed moments earlier in the car that he's every bit his age with the argument with Pa Kent. Clark might be incredibly smart and understand Pa Kent's intention and sacrifice on an intellectual level, but as a typical 17-18 year old, would he have emotionally accepted it? He has demonstrated before that his first instinct is to save lives regardless of any caution. And here we're talking about his dad.
I saw that in the scene... a way more realistic not just the Superman perfect nothing happens....