The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #601
blumatic
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Does any Marvel film have any memorable quotes. I don't think so. I think Goyer is good. Maybe nor the best. But he's good.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #602
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
Does any Marvel film have any memorable quotes. I don't think so. I think Goyer is good. Maybe nor the best. But he's good.
The Avengers has some memorable quotes.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #603
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Does anyone remember the rumor that John rewrote the entire third act of Steel ? I remember that rumor very clearly.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #604
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
The Avengers has some memorable quotes.
Like the jokes?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #605
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

if MOS was a flop with the GA, it wouldn't have made $285m in a little over a month.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #606
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
if MOS was a flop with the GA, it wouldn't have made $285m in a little over a month.
Who is actually saying it was a flop?

Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #607
I Am Jack's...
Complete Lack Of Surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
The general audience generally liked it for the most part. It was only a flop critically, and I have my own theories as to why that was the case (mainly critics having nostalgic ties to what they believe is Superman and not believing that a Superman story could have more of a serious tone).

MOS had a few story and pacing problems but acting, characterization of the characters, and the meaning/message behind Superman were by no means problems. All of those things were spot on. That being said, I am worried about the story and pacing in the film since not only is Goyer being let loose by himself again but Snyder is joining him as a co-writer.
I would say more than a few. The script was a mess, and it completely fumbled Clark's character arc and journey over the course of the movie, which was the most important part IMO, and they failed. That's why I'm personally not excited for this new one, because of the immense letdown that MOS was. It's hard for me to get excited about any future DC movies now, because it seems like Goyer is going to be all over them, with possible input from Snyder on scripts/stories. This is the third year in a row of huge letdowns from WB/DC for me, so now I can't get excited for future stuff from them.

"I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." - Tyler Durden
I Am Jack's... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #608
JangoNate
Side-Kick

I felt a little awkward with the pacing during my first viewing. Not enough to not love the movie, though. But the second viewing had me loving the structure they chose.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #609
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

The biggest issue with the MOS script and the film itself is it feels like two movies in one. There is so much covered, and certain elements didn't get the immense coverage they deserved.
But saying that, I thought the film was pretty good and I really enjoyed myself watching the film. It's very entertaining and I loved the whole cast in their respective roles.

Jango- first time I saw film, the first Hour's pacing was strange. I loved the first 20 mins and then when we got to Clark and kept going into flashbacks...it didn't flow as smoothly as begins did. That being said, after repeated viewings, I do like the usage of the non-linear storyline/flashbacks.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #610
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
apparently some posters here.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #611
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
People who didn't like it.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #612
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
Well, seeing as people quote The Avengers pretty much constantly on facebook, imma have to say you're wrong on that one.

What memorable quotes does Man of Steel have?

Old 07-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #613
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Well, seeing as people quote The Avengers pretty much constantly on facebook, imma have to say you're wrong on that one.

What memorable quotes does Man of Steel have?
I have to say, my favorite would be
"I was bred to be a warrior Kal, trained my entire life to master my senses. Where did you train ? ON A FARM?!"

Old 07-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #614
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
"I was bred to be a warrior Kal, trained my entire life to master my senses. Where did you train ? ON A FARM?!"
Yeah I admit it that one is really good. Zod had some good one liners in the flick.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #615
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I will find him.

You think you can threaten my mother.

Zod's final speech.

Nolans Batman is quotes galore.

Avengers are jokes or funny. And nothing way with that. Love Avengers.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #616
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I really liked Zod's "I have no people" speech right before the final battle.

it really gave insight into Zod's mindset and I actually sympathized with him.

perhaps that's why I found the outcome of their battle bittersweet and actually cried.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #617
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Yeah I admit it that one is really good. Zod had some good one liners in the flick.
"I will extract the codex from your son's corpse, and I will rebuild krypton, atop his bones."

Yeah he did. Actually that whole scene where Jor-El and Zod discuss his plans in the scout ship is top notch.
"We are both ghosts here zod, can't you see that ? The krypton you're clinging onto is gone."
Russel Crowe was THE strength of the film. Man did he add a sense of gravitas to his role.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #618
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

"A good death is it's own reward."

"I will find him!"

"I'm going to make them suffer Kal... These humans you love so much. I'm going to make you watch as I take them from you one by one."

"What if a child dreamed of something greater?"

"Evolution always wins."

"You're afraid of me because you can't control me... You don't and you never will... But that does'nt mean I'm your enemy."

Yeah. Nothing quotable in MOS.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #619
ares834
Side-Kick

"You can save them. You can save all of them."

Best line in the movie IMO.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #620
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

The quote I keep throwing out for no reason is "U THINK U CAN THREATEN MY MOTHER"

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #621
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post

I agree.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #622
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JangoNate View Post
People who didn't like it.
Even if you don't like a movie you can't argue against what it actually raked in.

The only people I can see calling MoS a flop were the one's here back in the day with the ridiculous over-predictions and saying that a billion would be a guarantee.

Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #623
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
"A good death is it's own reward."

"I will find him!"

"I'm going to make them suffer Kal... These humans you love so much. I'm going to make you watch as I take them from you one by one."

"What if a child dreamed of something greater?"

"Evolution always wins."

"You're afraid of me because you can't control me... You don't and you never will... But that does'nt mean I'm your enemy."

Yeah. Nothing quotable in MOS.
I quote MOS all day.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #624
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post

You're weak MOS haters. Unsure of yourself. The fact that you feel Superman should be interpreted one way and we do not, gives us and Superman and evolutionary advantage.

And if history has proven anything.... It is that evolution always wins.

Faora tops for me.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #625
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quotable and quotes that I liked are different though IMO. My friends have been quoting "RELEASE THE WORLD ENGINE" for weeks

For quotes I liked though... I have to admit there aren't any that immediately jump out to me from MoS other than "You think you can threaten my mother!". There are some very well written moments but overall I'd say it is an averagely written film that surpasses the likes of Thor and Incredible Hulk because it is so damn entertaining!

Avengers and TDK trilogy quotes I can list off like items on a shopping list. A year on and I still find myself quoting Bane quite often.

I pray pray pray for a more memorable villain than Zod in MoS2, I know that some here loved him but for me he was nothing more than the standard origin villain like the one in Iron Man, Captain America and Amazing Spiderman.

Also someone quoted me earlier about the Hype may not be sure on how to go with a MoS2/World's Finest board well Snyder said that the "Man of Steel 2" will be happening and that Batman is an "element" of it so surely it is best just to stick one on the Superman boards titled "Man of Steel 2" and change it when it is officially announced like they did with Avengers 2. It's getting hard to keep up around here

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote