The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #26
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: Things you want to see in the new MoS: WF movie

I want to see Bruce and Clark discussing their parents.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #27
The Guard
Side-Kick

Also, there has to at least be a nod to a Batman/Superman robot.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #28
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
You think Bruce and Clark will get to point in their friendship to discuss such intimate details. Do see it happening in a 2 hour movie.
I can definitely see Lois opening up to Clark more (hey, stop laughing )

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #29
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Not looking for exact scenes, but something in the spirit of.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #30
Sabaoth
Master

I want to see Bruce Wayne acquiring Zod's armor and building the Batman suit we see in the last issue of TDKR.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #31
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Things I Do Not Want to See

-The Joker (and Harley Quinn)
-Lex Luthor
-A fight between Batman and Superman. Objectively speaking, Batman would lose in a fight with Superman; however, Superman represents the highest, purest form of humanity, and would not descend down to moronic violence. This is not the Avengers; we do not need to have our heroes beating the snot of each other in every other scene. Inevitably, there will be disagreements between the two; as Grant Morrison said in Talking with Gods, the Superman impersonator he met at Comic-Con said it best: Batman does not see the light in people." Hence, I want that characterization to influence the interactions between the two, instead of falling into the rut made by the Dark Knight Returns.
-A love triangle between Lois, Clark, and Bruce. They already did in the three part episode from Superman TAS, and there is no need to rehash it.
-No cheesy dialogue or wisecracks (I will be super pissed if there is another scene as bad as the "he's hot" one from MOS.)
-No "fake death" scenes, like Iron Man's in Avengers.

Now...what I do want to see

-The duo using their powers in conjunction: Batman with his tech, stealth, military and detective training, and Superman, with his disciplined application of power, perspective of the common man, and post-human powers (ice breath, laser beams, flight, and so on.)
-A shot of the Batwing and Superman flying side by side
-A scene building up the friendship of the two due to their understanding of each other's losses (Clark, with his father, Bruce, with his parents.)
-A scene showing Wayne Enterprises contributing to the rebuilding of Metropolis and Smallville.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gur-Ak View Post
Firstly, A Superman focused movie.
Consequences of Metropolis Mayhem in MoS.
Bruce as being good side of humanity while Lex as being bad side of humanity.
Daily Planet stuff; Clark-Lois relationship, Jimmy Olsen.
Kal-El as Superman now intervenes global problems.
Main villain as Lex Luthor (scientist, investor, businessman, CEO of LexCorp), trying to rebuild Metropolis while turning people against this "alien".
Side villains such as Metallo, Bizarro or Parasite.
Some sort of Kryptonite (not necessary in a chunk form).
Kara Zor-El (especially I want her in this sequel, we didn't forget prequel comic!!)
Bruce as Batman in ending.

I'm not sure about this but maybe a glimpse for Kon-El for a possible threequel...
This also.

I'm hoping for a Public Enemies like story line as that was essentially a Superman vs Lex Luthor story and Batman was just there assisting that is all.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #32
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Here's a question, I wonder if they will cast a Brit Aussie or American as Batman. It has been brought up that Henry was the 3rd British actor to play an American superhero icon.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #33
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

One not written by Goyer.

And they are releasing it the same summer as another super hero flick written by Joss Whedon? Yeah...that's going to go well.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #34
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Release it months after Avengers2 and nowhere near Star Wars

Okay, release it near christmas. Let it be the ultimate Christmas present!

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #35
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

More development of Lois and Clark's relationship.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #36
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
One not written by Goyer.

And they are releasing it the same summer as another super hero flick written by Joss Whedon? Yeah...that's going to go well.

Absolutely by Goyer for me. it said Goyer and Snyder working together. happy time for me.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #37
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Have they ever discussed this before? Superman is an orphan as well just one who got adopted.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #38
bluearth
Side-Kick

Release it November/December (at least 3 weeks before/after Bond) 2015. This way it wont have to compete with The Avengers or Star Wars VII, financially or critically. Also releasing at the end of the year will give them more time to put the film together.

Like Man of Steel, borrow from several comic book sources, not just one. I'd like to see iconic moments from Worlds Finest, SupermanBatman Public enemies, The Dark Knight Returns, etc go into this.

To prove hes no Pushover, Batman has to upstage Superman once. And it should be only once as not to marginalize Superman.

Limit the amount of New Characters. From Batman's universe we really only need to see Alfred, and depending on how established Batman is maybe Gordon. Theres already alot of characters from Man of Steel who need screen time. The worst possible mistake would be to end up like Batman and Robin, with so many heroes and villains and characters it becomes a mess.

Tell the movie from both points of view, not just Superman's. I understand this needs to be a Superman movie first, but since its the first time we see the new Batman we need some scenes that focus squarely on him. The entire film shouldnt be from Superman's perspective, with Batman seen from a 3rd person perspective. We need to see the events unfold from Batman's point of view at times. Give us a good look at the Batcave, Batmobile, etc. Also show Batman breaking up a bank robery on his own as well as Superman doing something spectacular on his own

Dont have them be at odds for too long / make them good friends about 3/4 of the way through 2 1/2 hours of banter between the two would be a horrible idea. It was much funner for me to watch Superman and Batman be friends in Public enemies then it was watching them go at eachother constantly in Worlds Finest. This film would be smart to do both. Have them clash for the first half, and then be friends for the 2nd half.

The villain needs to be Luthor. A superpowered villain isnt really necessary. Luthor can put Superman's strength to the test by other means. Also Luthor provides a powerful mental opponent for Batman.

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #39
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Release it November/December (at least 3 weeks before/after Bond) 2015. This way it wont have to compete with The Avengers or Star Wars VII, financially or critically. Also releasing at the end of the year will give them more time to put the film together.

Like Man of Steel, borrow from several comic book sources, not just one. I'd like to see iconic moments from Worlds Finest, SupermanBatman Public enemies, The Dark Knight Returns, etc go into this.

To prove hes no Pushover, Batman has to upstage Superman once. And it should be only once as not to marginalize Superman.

Limit the amount of New Characters. From Batman's universe we really only need to see Alfred, and depending on how established Batman is maybe Gordon. Theres already alot of characters from Man of Steel who need screen time. The worst possible mistake would be to end up like Batman and Robin, with so many heroes and villains and characters it becomes a mess.

Tell the movie from both points of view, not just Superman's. I understand this needs to be a Superman movie first, but since its the first time we see the new Batman we need some scenes that focus squarely on him. The entire film shouldnt be from Superman's perspective, with Batman seen from a 3rd person perspective. We need to see the events unfold from Batman's point of view at times. Give us a good look at the Batcave, Batmobile, etc. Also show Batman breaking up a bank robery on his own as well as Superman doing something spectacular on his own

Dont have them be at odds for too long / make them good friends about 3/4 of the way through 2 1/2 hours of banter between the two would be a horrible idea. It was much funner for me to watch Superman and Batman be friends in Public enemies then it was watching them go at eachother constantly in Worlds Finest. This film would be smart to do both. Have them clash for the first half, and then be friends for the 2nd half.

The villain needs to be Luthor. A superpowered villain isnt really necessary. Luthor can put Superman's strength to the test by other means. Also Luthor provides a powerful mental opponent for Batman.
A lot of good points here, the release date however was declared to be in Summer 2015, alongside Avengers & Star Wars VII. Once is enough to upstage Superman, say when he's down due to Kryptonite exposure. I think Gotham and its residents should only be mentioned by Bruce at a minimum or perhaps not at all.

Might I also suggest possible nods or cameos by other JL characters like Flash/Wonder Woman/Green Lantern? For Green Lantern, I think it's sufficient to just mention a name.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #40
bluearth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
A lot of good points here, the release date however was declared to be in Summer 2015, alongside Avengers & Star Wars VII. Once is enough to upstage Superman, say when he's down due to Kryptonite exposure. I think Gotham and its residents should only be mentioned by Bruce at a minimum or perhaps not at all.

Might I also suggest possible nods or cameos by other JL characters like Flash/Wonder Woman/Green Lantern? For Green Lantern, I think it's sufficient to just mention a name.
Yeah I can agree on the entire film happening in Metropolis. If they go back and forth between Gotham and Metropolis it would eventually confuse everyone while minimizing the differences between the two cities.

As for Cameos or nods of Justice League members, do you think its time to mention the Justice League itself in this film? An amazing ending would be for Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to walk up onto Batman and Superman to talk to them about the Justice League.

If they just mention the name of the Green Lantern and Wonder Woman they they should probably mention the Justice League name too

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote