The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #676
marcvader
Lurker #1

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

So any word if they showed any new footage at the con?

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #677
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
So any word if they showed any new footage at the con?
yes they did!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The fans even described a Rock monster I'm HOPING looks like the Saturn people

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #678
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
yes they did!

The fans even described a Rock monster I'm HOPING looks like the Saturn people

I guess it's true:
IGN, I believe, described the monster as looking like the creatures Thor fought in JIM #83

Old 07-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #679
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Don´t worry you guys. Marvel has a plan for maintaining his badassness

(The amount of abs is too damn high!)

Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #680
marcvader
Lurker #1

Wow, is that Kurse?

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #681
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Wow, is that Kurse?
hehehe not the picture above, but yes, the image of the Action figure with Horns is Kurse

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #682
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
I guess it's true:
IGN, I believe, described the monster as looking like the creatures Thor fought in JIM #83
I CAN'T wait to see the trailer! I must see it! lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #683
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

I agree with some of the angry people, Thor getting his hand chopped off, even if it grows back by some magic power, is unacceptable! Would superman get his hand chopped off, or Hulk?! Thor shouldn't even be in a position to get his hand chopped off, and their are very few weapons that are capable of such a feat.

What I've come to realize is that their are fans who know Thor from cartoons, and movies, and their are fans who actually read Thor comics. Anyone who has read Thor comics for a length of time, can attest to the fact that Thor has become increasingly weaker. He lost his runes powers, Odin Force, lost his throne as king of Asgard, then his hammer broke and he is connected to his hammer through Thor force, meaning if his hammer breaks on Hulks head, he will die too. And then when you watch animated shows, he spends most of the time getting K'Od by Hulk, or whatever enemy their facing. I watch the 4th episode of the new Avenger Assemble show(spoiler alert), and the episode is about Thor and the avengers facing the world serpent(the same serpent that rapped around the earth twice, that Thor lifted single handed, widely considered one of his greatest shows of strength) was basically wiping the floor with Avengers, until Hulk who had been knocked silly comes up and punches the city big serpent flying into a warm hole Thor and Iron Man created. I'm like wow, Hulk has his own new show, and here he is being the star of this one as well. It was the perfect opportunity for Thor to display his powers, and he spends the entire show talking about how he needs to be eaten by the monster because that's his destiny. So yes the thought of someone cutting off his hand, is just the final straw. If Marvel came out and said, hey we want to de-power Thor into a more, Colossus, or Thing level, it would make sense, but don't just slowly reduce him to a level where he has his hand can be cut off. The guy is suppose to be able to withstand a nuke to the face, or the pressure of a black hole, how much do you want to bet it wont be explain how this weapon is this powerful to be able to cut his hands off.

K...I'm done ranting...has anyone actually seen the trailer?

Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #684
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

ThorOdinSon,

Yes Thor is powerful as few and one does not simply kill him with a blackhole or nuke. But even in the old comics he was able to take dmg as if he were mortal?
I mean with asgaridan weps, so if Loki has one, wouldn´t it be possible for him to chop the hand off?

Old 07-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #685
warriorking
Side-Kick

I will wait until I see the new trailer myself before getting my panties in a bind..I gather it does not actually show Thor's hand being cut off, just the blade coming down and it fades to black quickly leaving the impression it was cut off...
I am kind of leaning in the direction it is not actually cut off ...
Remember trailers are there to create a buzz and this one did..I have seen many a trailer that gives the impression of a major event that did not happen as one thought in the full scene....
I just want the trailer released so I can see it for myself ..The wolverine would be a perfect placement but it looks like that's a no go...

Last edited by warriorking; 07-22-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #686
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I posted this idea earlier but I guess it was too cryptic. Hogun called Loki a master of magic remember? An he is shown in his 2 previous film appearances to favor the creation of FALSE images (Are you ever not going to fall for that?). Sooo... What if Thor losing his arm... IS AN ILLUSION! They are on some kind of quest together are they not?

Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #687
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideysays View Post
this isn't aimed at you KRYPTON but at Marvel........F--- A3 and the IG. This better be healed within 20 minutes of happening in the film. I will not tolerate Marvel trying to make Thor weak again!
How did Marvel make Thor weak??? Wasn't he the only Avengers to go up against The Hulk???He was throwing Iron Man around like a frisbee during their fight

Old 07-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #688
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
hehehe not the picture above, but yes, the image of the Action figure with Horns is Kurse
I know. I was just joshin

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #689
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I posted this idea earlier but I guess it was too cryptic. Hogun called Loki a master of magic remember? An he is shown in his 2 previous film appearances to favor the creation of FALSE images (Are you ever not going to fall for that?). Sooo... What if Thor losing his arm... IS AN ILLUSION! They are on some kind of quest together are they not?
This ^ is actually one of the better explanations yet.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #690
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

Why they always have to chop off Natalie Portman's lovers hands?

Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #691
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Portman doesn't like the competition. RIMSHOT!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #692
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

This is just a theory of mine but what if Thor is actually Loki in a shape shifted disguise? It's just a theory my mind conjured up a few seconds ago and should not to be taken seriously.

Quote:
a Cannon Power shot model a2000
Ooooh...I should pick myself up one of those if I have money left over from getting a gaming computer next tax season.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 07-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #693
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
I guess it's true:
Stone Men of Saturn eh? Hopefully we get some better creatures than that.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 07-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #694
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Okay...for everyone complaining about Thor having his hand (even temporarily) chopped off because he's a god and shouldn't be gravely wounded so easily...

I'd love to know what your opinion is on this...

ゴジラ
Old 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #695
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

My opinion on that is that Thor's hand better have a built-in reattachment system, because if Odin can't heal himself, who can he heal?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #696
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
The interview with Feige on IGN confirms that Loki cut it off. The interviewer asked directly.
I don't think he confirmed it, but he certainly doesn't deny it. He just says Loki is beyond redemption, which also could be a ruse. I mean if Loki really does redeem himself before getting killed, they aren't going to confirm something like that.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #697
BoredGuy
Killing Time

so what, this hand chopping thing is semi-official?
the original footage description i read said loki kicked his hand away, and that was it...

Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #698
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
I will wait until I see the new trailer myself before getting my panties in a bind..I gather it does not actually show Thor's hand being cut off, just the blade coming down and it fades to black quickly leaving the impression it was cut off...
I am kind of leaning in the direction it is not actually cut off ...
Remember trailers are there to create a buzz and this one did..I have seen many a trailer that gives the impression of a major event that did not happen as one thought in the full scene....
I just want the trailer released so I can see it for myself ..The wolverine would be a perfect placement but it looks like that's a no go...
That's what I'm wondering my self, from the descriptions. Was anyone on SHH at the panel? Did we actually see his hand come off? Or did we see the impression that his hand was cut off?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #699
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Oh my God, this is turning into Dismembermentgate.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 07-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #700
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Oh my God, this is turning into Dismembermentgate.
Ha! Which is probably part of the reason Marvel showed that scene in the footage--lotsa buzz. It's a great marketing tool, hands down.

Closed Thread