The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Do you think Batman will drag the MOS sequel down?
Yes. 37 40.66%
No. 54 59.34%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #26
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Im actually more worried about Superman hampering our first look at the new Batman. As long as we get a fleshed out Batman, which means good, solid looks at the Wayne Manor, Batcave, Alfred, and a decent amount of Commissioner Gordon etc I think we'll be fine.

For sure this film will be 2.5 hours. With most of Superman's origin out of the way and treating Batman as a character the audience already knows for the most part, it will be fine.
I believe Batman will be playing on Superman's turf here. I'd prefer it if we didn't see Gotham or any of it's residents other than Mr. Wayne and his suit at all here.

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #27
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I believe Batman will be playing on Superman's turf here. I'd prefer it if we didn't see Gotham or any of it's residents other than Mr. Wayne and his suit at all here.
That's whT I hope for as well, this is Superman's movie in metropolis so Batman has to come there. Batman's world can be explored more in his solo follow up movie.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #28
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

A joint Superman/Batman movie this early in the Man of Steel franchise is going to be a very difficult thing to pull off well. It's not impossible to do, but I think it takes a lot more talent and intelligence than either Snyder or Goyer have. I've never found either of them to be particularly good at writing or directing.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #29
STARMAN
Side-Kick

It's tricky. I think the Lois/Clark relationship could suffer the most. They needed to spend more time with them. Hopefully, they will.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #30
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

I guess we will find out whose movie this is more of depending on the amount of secondary casting related to Batman we get. I'm sure we will get a new Alfred but if we also get a new Gordon and a Batman villain and some other characters than this movie will be split pretty evenly.

Right now we know it will have Superman, Batman, Lois, Perry and Martha. So edge is Superman...for now.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #31
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

For starters, I don't think this should be called MOS2 anymore.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #32
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
A joint Superman/Batman movie this early in the Man of Steel franchise is going to be a very difficult thing to pull off well. It's not impossible to do, but I think it takes a lot more talent and intelligence than either Snyder or Goyer have. I've never found either of them to be particularly good at writing or directing.
Nolan is a strong filmmaker, and I wouldn't even trust him in this case. I'd want someone like Brad Bird to direct this movie. And I'd even be fine with Zack directing World's Finest ONCE MOS2 is out. But if MOS2 IS WF, I'm more scared, because it has to be both a sequel to MOS while being an adequate Batman experience.

And yet I'm more confident with Snyder pairing up with Goyer than just Goyer alone.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #33
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
It's tricky. I think the Lois/Clark relationship could suffer the most. They needed to spend more time with them. Hopefully, they will.
Me too.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #34
Side-Kick

Not if Batman plays second fiddle to Supes (as he should).

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #35
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113 View Post
Not if Batman plays second fiddle to Supes (as he should).
I'd like it.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #36
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Sane Version of me talking here:

It honestly depends on how he's used and what the main goal/focus of the story is in the long run for this film. If Goyer and Snyder created this film with the intent on forwarding Superman's story, with Batman being a major tool in doing so, then Superman should be alright as long as the character is treated with the respect that he deserves and as long as Bruce Timm hold any influence on Goyer and Snyder, or Miller on them for that matter.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #37
blumatic
Side-Kick

I have no idea where this film is going. No idea at all. Everyone here makes really good arguments.

I think the only thing that is obvious is that while WB MOS did better than they expected, they also felt it could have done more. They are very happy because MOS is the most successful Superman film since SM2.

They want to protect this Superman franchise in order to do that they need to inject a little bat blood.

Goyer did mention that Superman will deal with the issues left behind in MOS. And that Superman will be realized. That stuff sounds like direct sequel to me. But with going saying Supes vs. Bats, I'm not sure where things are.

I'm sure an executive suggested Batman for business reasons. I'm sure Snyder and Goyer didn't have that in mind but I think they think of it as a cool way to further the story.

But again no idea. But if it's a true MOS sequel they won't use that logo.

So who knows.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #38
Project862006
Banned User

if done right he wont he can have a Harvey dent role a prominent presence but not dominating the screen with development but also tied to the plot

i say make bruce enter metropolis to try and help rebuild it along with luthor and other billionaires(could name drop oliver queen for example) but he is also really their to investigate the presence of superman

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #39
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
if done right he wont he can have a Harvey dent role a prominent presence with development but also tied to the plot

i say make bruce enter metropolis to try and help rebuild it along with luthor and other billionaires(could name drop oliver queen for example) but he is also really their to investigate the presence of superman
That would be really good.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #40
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

For some reason though, I don't see the film taking entirely within Metropolis. If there's one thing that I've come to expect from any DC film that has Goyer attached to it, there's always a lot of traveling involved so we may even see Gotham and other cities as well.

In any case, it'd be great to see Superman giving Batman something to learn at the end and vice versa of course.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #41
kalhawj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaoth View Post
While this new movie is not MOS2, I do think that this movie will reduce the chances our getting a MOS2.
It will be big and will lead us to Justice League.
We will likely get a Batman movie between the two films.
My fear is Superman will end up as just a team player a la Hulk and be unable to get another solo movie for a long time.
They already stated that this will be MOS sequel with Batman as one of the new element to the story... This will be about Superman's first encounter with Bruce/Batman and at this point (Lex).

kalhawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #42
kalhawj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
I have no idea where this film is going. No idea at all. Everyone here makes really good arguments.

I think the only thing that is obvious is that while WB MOS did better than they expected, they also felt it could have done more. They are very happy because MOS is the most successful Superman film since SM2.

They want to protect this Superman franchise in order to do that they need to inject a little bat blood.

Goyer did mention that Superman will deal with the issues left behind in MOS. And that Superman will be realized. That stuff sounds like direct sequel to me. But with going saying Supes vs. Bats, I'm not sure where things are.

I'm sure an executive suggested Batman for business reasons. I'm sure Snyder and Goyer didn't have that in mind but I think they think of it as a cool way to further the story.

But again no idea. But if it's a true MOS sequel they won't use that logo.

So who knows.
Also the entire major cast in MOS is returning because this is a sequel to MOS with Batman added to the mix. I expect 70% Superman to 30% Batman screen time.

kalhawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #43
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

No. Batman will be cutting in and out of Clark's story.

I think it will be done very well. Batman will be awesome but the meat of the story will be Clark.

DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #44
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalhawj View Post
Also the entire major cast in MOS is returning because this is a sequel to MOS with Batman added to the mix. I expect 70% Superman to 30% Batman screen time.
I would sign up for that.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #45
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Sign me up too. That's a good ratio.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #46
STARMAN
Side-Kick

At least we'll get more of Clark at the Daily Planet.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #47
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
I co-sign that.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #48
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalhawj View Post
Yeah. Let Batman be in there near the last third of the movie, as a mysterious shadow figure. I'd want MOS2 to be divided up between Clark, Lois, the big henchman of Luthor, with Batman being a mysterious character who complicates things.

When the big reveal happens, Batman tells Superman his true intent, and eventually (between blows, the fight is inevitable, and this would be a good way to make it interesting) Superman reveals the truth about himself.

I'd want Batman to mysteriously leave (this can be explained for the sequel), so we don't have an IronMan 2 buddy anticlimax. I don't want Batman saving Superman for MOS2, though I'd want it exactly ONCE for World's finest.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #49
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

I'd be more confident if it were in the hands of more capable writers but I still expect it to be Superman's movie. We're pretty much guaranteed to have a Superman/Batman team up in the final big action sequence though.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #50
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Yes, Batman will hamper MOS2.

A MOS trilogy should be centered on Superman and not waste precious screentime on Batman's side story.

Just do a damn World's Finest movie separate from MOS2. You'll make more money and more fans happier that way.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote