The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Do you think Batman will drag the MOS sequel down?
Yes. 37 40.66%
No. 54 59.34%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #51
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
I'd be more confident if it were in the hands of more capable writers but I still expect it to be Superman's movie. We're pretty much guaranteed to have a Superman/Batman team up in the final big action sequence though.
This looks 2 familiar.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #52
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

So this is not exactly a god news for the Batman reboot either. I was hoping for a completely different take on the character than the Nolan's version, but if the reboot WB as talking about was this one,then we'll have the Nolan's verion of Batman...again.

So i guess i'm actually more worried about what this all would means for the planned Batman reboot.

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #53
Project862006
Banned User

i honestly had no problem with script it made superman relevant and modern and gave him a strong character arc and core he understood his struggles and where he came from i liked what they did with lois and honestly made her a stronger character for finding out clark's identity it made her smarter and not some dumb reporter who cant see past glasses

made zod as a multi dimensional villain who you understood where he is coming from and was'nt just revenge word domination cliche villain and the story was quite solid

people act like goyer gave us the unborn/blade trinity part deuce and his script raped their childhood

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #54
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I'm going to be optimistic and say no. I am a bit worried, but I'm going to hope for the best. Let's face it. If you spend the next two years angry and upset over this decision and walk into the theater with your mind made up, you're not going to enjoy the film, no matter how good it might be.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #55
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
So this is not exactly a god news for the Batman reboot either. I was hoping for a completely different take on the character than the Nolan's version, but if the reboot WB as talking about was this one,then we'll have the Nolan's verion of Batman...again.

So i guess i'm actually more worried about what this all would means for the planned Batman reboot.
I feel like rebooted Batman will try to distance himself from Nolanverse Batman. Just make him shadowy and detective-like, give him a cool voice and action scenes, and I'm sure some people will be fine with him.

After all, people are in love with this gal after an action scene or two and a few lines of dialog.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #56
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i honestly had no problem with script it made superman relevant and modern and gave him a strong character arc and core he understood his struggles and where he came from i liked what they did with lois and honestly made her a stronger character for finding out clark's identity it made her smarter and not some dumb reporter who cant see past glasses

made zod as a multi dimensional villain who you understood where he is coming from and was'nt just revenge word domination cliche villain and the story was quite solid

people act like goyer gave us the unborn/blade trinity part deuce and his script raped their childhood
Goyer is a hit or miss and he's had far more misses than hits.

While MOS was acceptable it was far from the best the genre had to offer.

Why should Goyer get another chance to do more mediocre work? Because he's friends with the executive producer (Nolan)?

Goyer's track record blows quite frankly. And the idea that the only help he'll get is from Snyder is terifying.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #57
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

After all, people are in love with this gal after an action scene or two and a few lines of dialog.
So what you're saying is that Faora needs to come back in the sequel.

(Yes to that of course!)

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #58
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Goyer is a hit or miss and he's had far more misses than hits.

While MOS was acceptable it was far from the best the genre had to offer.

Why should Goyer get another chance to do more mediocre work? Because he's friends with the executive producer (Nolan)?

Goyer's track record blows quite frankly. And the idea that the only help he'll get is from Snyder is terifying.
Other than Sucker Punch, what other movies has Snyder written for?

Old 07-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #59
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
Other than Sucker Punch, what other movies has Snyder written for?
Is that your best defense for Snyder?

He only wrote Sucker Punch?

Old 07-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #60
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is that your best defense for Snyder?

He only wrote Sucker Punch?
I'm not defending Snyder or anything, I'm simply curious! I really don't know anything about Snyder's writing cred apart from Sucker Punch.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #61
Super Kal
Side-Kick

MOS2 should be a stand-alone film... Batman should not be present in it. How would Batman fans feel if this happened with TDK?

Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, Batman- all of them have stand-alone films without other heroes taking the spotlight. Superman should be treated with the same respect.

Superman doesn't need Batman to be successful, nor does Batman need Superman to be successful. they can stand by themselves

Old 07-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #62
Glassjaw
In training

I can't be the only one who thinks the ratio for Superman and Batman will be a 50/50 split? If Batman was going to have a mere end credit cameo in this next film, they wouldn't have announced a Batman/Superman film 2 years prior.

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #63
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, it will likely either be 50/50 or at the very least, Batman will have the largest supporting role in the movie.

On the other hand, who knows? Batman does have a history of having the smallest part in his own movies, lol.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #64
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Quote:
Yes, Batman will hamper MOS2.

A MOS trilogy should be centered on Superman and not waste precious screentime on Batman's side story.

Just do a damn World's Finest movie separate from MOS2. You'll make more money and more fans happier that way.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #65
Bran-El
Side-Kick

I wanted standalone MOS 2. I fear the sequel will be overstuffed trying to fit in the new Batman backstory while introducing Clark Kent and the basics of Superman. The whole thing will seem rushed even if it has a 3 hour running time. It's not like I mind a Superman/Batman movie in theory, I just think WB is jumping the gun in the name of BO profits. I would have preferred a new Batman origin tale, MOS sequel and then a pair up. Just my opinion. I know most probably disagree.

Bran-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #66
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Yeah. Let Batman be in there near the last third of the movie, as a mysterious shadow figure. I'd want MOS2 to be divided up between Clark, Lois, the big henchman of Luthor, with Batman being a mysterious character who complicates things.

When the big reveal happens, Batman tells Superman his true intent, and eventually (between blows, the fight is inevitable, and this would be a good way to make it interesting) Superman reveals the truth about himself.

I'd want Batman to mysteriously leave (this can be explained for the sequel), so we don't have an IronMan 2 buddy anticlimax. I don't want Batman saving Superman for MOS2, though I'd want it exactly ONCE for World's finest.
if they are rebooting Batman in this movie ,
then we will more than likely see him as Bruce Wayne as well.

Mysteryman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #67
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran-El View Post
I wanted standalone MOS 2. I fear the sequel will be overstuffed trying to fit in the new Batman backstory while introducing Clark Kent and the basics of Superman. The whole thing will seem rushed even if it has a 3 hour running time. It's not like I mind a Superman/Batman movie in theory, I just think WB is jumping the gun in the name of BO profits. I would have preferred a new Batman origin tale, MOS sequel and then a pair up. Just my opinion. I know most probably disagree.
Batman should have no backstory in this.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #68
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

No backstory is likely for Bruce in this film.

Mysteryman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #69
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Batman will require a side story that takes attention off of Superman's character arc.

A Superman sequel with Batman would be like Superman being crammed into TDK.

That would've ruined one of the best trilogies of all time because it would've stole some crucial limelight from Batman's story.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #70
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Batman will require a side story that takes attention off of Superman's character arc.

A Superman sequel with Batman would be like Superman being crammed into TDK.

That would've ruined one of the best trilogies of all time because it would've stole some crucial limelight from Batman's story.
yeah, they would never do that to Batman fans- but Superman fans, oh who gives a crap about them and their superhero... this is why i want to backhand all those responsible for screwing over Superman in this manner.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #71
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

I'm sure the first time we see Batman he will be taking out a minor villain in Gotham City. Someone on the level of Deadshot. Then we need a reason for Bruce to come to Metropolis. Probably some kind of business deal with Lex (Bruce side) and to keep tabs on Superman? (Batman side)

Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #72
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
yeah, they would never do that to Batman fans- but Superman fans, oh who gives a crap about them and their superhero... this is why i want to backhand all those responsible for screwing over Superman in this manner.
Superman has always been in development hell though. Why? Why does he get screwed over the most? From Burton to Abrams to McG and those stories to Singer and Superbaby to now not getting his own sequel. Why is it so hard for WB to just give Superman his own well made franchise?

Old 07-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #73
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
MOS2 should be a stand-alone film... Batman should not be present in it. How would Batman fans feel if this happened with TDK?

Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, Batman- all of them have stand-alone films without other heroes taking the spotlight. Superman should be treated with the same respect.

Superman doesn't need Batman to be successful, nor does Batman need Superman to be successful. they can stand by themselves
He's actually only had one movie. And in the next movie, BW is in it. Not the same thing but technically he has another hero in the spotlight with him.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #74
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
He's actually only had one movie. And in the next movie, BW is in it. Not the same thing but technically he has another hero in the spotlight with him.
Black Widow is a minor character.

It's not like Cap 2 will heavily involve Iron Man.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #75
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Black Widow is a minor character.

It's not like Cap 2 will heavily involve Iron Man.
Maybe Batman can have a Winter Soldier type role in WF. He can be a slight antagonist to Superman but not the actual villain.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote