"Avengers: Age of Ultron"
**** yeah! I'm thrilled. I can't wait.

"No Hank Pym."
I can't wait for World's Finest.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #52
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Default Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

So I guess Tony will be the one who creates Ultron.

Which means Ultron will be fixated on Pepper.

Calling it now.

Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #53
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

Reactions to this news yesterday was crazy on twitter...

there's 2 big news: Age of Ultron and Superman/Batman...
and while i'm thrilled and full hyped up for Age of Ultron, and always support Marvel films...also I'd like to congratulate DC fans that finally they could have what they want and desire all this years...
after all, we are all fans, whether Marvel or DC, so i think they deserve this joy from yesterday's announcement also...

I can't wait for 2015!!

Marvel_SKE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #54
JJmelo
Side-Kick

Have people considered the idea that Pym and Janet just won't be in the MCU at all? Just because we are getting an Ant-Man movie following Age of Ultron doesn't mean that Pym has to wear the suit. They could just as easily use Eric O'Grady and his S.H.I.E.L.D roots, which has little connection to Ultron at all.

I would obviously prefer Pym and Janet but I won't explode if we see someone else in his place.

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #55
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJmelo View Post
Have people considered the idea that Pym and Janet just won't be in the MCU at all? Just because we are getting an Ant-Man movie following Age of Ultron doesn't mean that Pym has to wear the suit. They could just as easily use Eric O'Grady and his S.H.I.E.L.D roots, which has little connection to Ultron at all.

I would obviously prefer Pym and Janet but I won't explode if we see someone else in his place.
I have considered it. Without creating Ultron, Pym might as well not even exist. Also they might as well not even name him "Ultron." Super-Adaptoid works just as well in this case.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #56
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I am very surprised Hank Pym isnt going to be the creator of Ultron, and dissapointed as well. Making Stark the inventor seems very lazy story-wise as well, didnt he get enough lime-light in the last movie and his trilogy of films?

Not saying I dont want Stark in this, I hope he still has a big role, but making him Ultrons inventor is silly to me.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #57
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason

I guess robots are a big thing now? Just hope kaiju are too because I want to see a good American made, big budget Godzilla movie that's good unlike that late nineties travesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorShade View Post
If they take Hank out of the Ultron equation, I'm done with the MCU. As much as I love this stuff. Hank was my favorite Avenger, Ultron my favorite Avengers villain.

Hank may be 'B' or 'C' list as far as heros go, but freaking Hawkeye, Widow, and the freaking Falcon ( about a 'H' List hero) get their props in the MCU before Hank, I don't think so. Talk about something that'll suck the joy right of it.
How can we be sure that this Avengers sequel is not going to introduce Ant Man and Janet to the general audience and have them be connected with the inception of Ultron? Ant Man in the general noncomic reading public is not that high caliber of a character to get them excited. Avengers 2 can and should be the character's springboard.

- What can I say? What some arrogant people believe is humor makes me angry.

"Marriage is not for sissies. It's hard work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mar...usaolp00000592

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 07-22-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #58
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I guess robots are a big thing now? Just hope kaiju are too because I want to see a good American made, big budget Godzilla movie that's good unlike that late nineties travesty.

How can we be sure that this Avengers sequel is not going to introduce Ant Man and Janet to the general audience and have them be connected with the inception of Ultron? Ant Man in the general noncomic reading public is not that high caliber of a character to get them excited. Avengers 2 can and should be the character's springboard.
Umm... Godzilla, starring Aaron Johnson and Bryan Cranston, is being released next May :P

And Joss has said in an interview that Hank Pym won't be in AoU. Along with something about not needing a Pym to make an Ultron

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #59
hadi
Side-Kick

With the announcement to the absence of Mr. Pym in the "Avengers: Age of Ultron". My guess to the origins of the villain would be...

Since these movies are linked, due to the post credit scenes and phases and what not. In Iron man 3, we saw that everything is not what they seem and that the story can be twisted and RDJ is the key, center piece, bread & butter, what have you. The end of the movie we have a Tony Stark without the arc reactor in his chest, also in the last fight there are multiple Iron Man suits that are unmanned. If Jarvis is Tony's main OS then he could have already made a security OS with the alphabetical serial numbers coded U.L.T.R.O.N. And that could already be running the suits. Joss already included that Ultron evolves and has a couple of iterations.

hadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #60
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJmelo View Post

I think the Ant-Man film will focus on Scot Lang, and have it sorta based on To Steal An Ant Man. Pym will be involved in some way.

TayDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #61
Dr Noah Body

Unless he is trying to pull a JJ abrahams on us lol. I say Ultron will kill Stark!

Dr Noah Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #62
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Noah Body View Post
Unless he is trying to pull a JJ abrahams on us lol. I say Ultron will kill Stark!
Don't know why you think Stark will die. RDJ has 2 more films on his contract

Old 07-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #63
hadi
Side-Kick

So Winter Soldier is a bridge to Avengers: Age of Ultron. This throws a curve ball to alot of theories. Maybe its like the star wars movies as Winter Soldier seems like a bad guy because they know the shield has potential to make A.I. and is trying to stop them and get Cap on their side because they know that the A.I. and turn and become self aware. But Cap defeats The Winter Soldier and its too late. And S.H.I.E.L.D. thinks they have a new weapon of defense but they not knowing release ultron.

hadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #64
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

So sick of people pissing on this before we even know any of the details. Also we don't even know if Stark is the creator, that's speculation at this point, even thought it might make the most sense, and it's been done before as in Next Avengers.

Marvel has a plan, and it's worked out pretty well so far. The plan is not to introduce characters in Avengers that haven't already been introduced in individual films. Some of the minor characters are exceptions like Maria Hill, who was a new character and Barton/Fury who were introduced as cameo appearances.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #65
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

My whole deal is-if you take Ultron away from Pym,you might as well fold up the Ant-Man film and send it packing right now.

If you take a 5 star storyline away from a character who is only known for one 5 star storyline,then there's no need for Hank Pym in the MCU.

Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #66
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
My whole deal is-if you take Ultron away from Pym,you might as well fold up the Ant-Man film and send it packing right now.

If you take a 5 star storyline away from a character who is only known for one 5 star storyline,then there's no need for Hank Pym in the MCU.
Yeah, he doesn't have only one 5 star story. Just one that you like. To Steal An Ant-Man is also one of his best, and would work best for a solo Ant-Man film. Having Ant-Man fighting with the Avengers would get boring after a while, and it'll look wierd having him constanly shift from big to small, big to small all the time. After a while, it'll gets less and less impressive. Having Scott Lang steal Pym's equipment and using it for good. Pym becomes impressed and let's him keep the equipment. And then he appears in the Avengers as Giant-Man or YellowJacket. And also, we don't know if Joss was messing with us, trying to keep this a secret or what. Pym may be referenced in the movie as the creator of Ultron, or he'll just be in there as a scientist.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #67
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

I think Ultron not being created by Pym, Hurts Pym more than Ultron or the Avengers. Ultron was the one thing that made Pym interesting. Its probably why Lang will be Ant-Man in the MCU.

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #68
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post

Think about it this way: Scott Lang is probably the protagonist of the Ant-Man film, not Hank Pym. Hank Pym is probably an old, retired hero. He works in the "To Steal An Ant-Man" storyline because it's based on Lang taking up the mantle of Ant-Man.

When you think of it like that it makes sense. Sucks for Pym (from the standpoint he doesn't get to be a major hero anyway)...but it makes sense of how the Ant-Man movie will work still.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #69
babykhris
Side-Kick

Shouldn't the MCU be about NEW ideas? If everyone is so mad about Hank Pym why should it matter if Pym most likely wasn't going to be Ant-Man anyway? Scott Lang as Ant-Man will NEVER join the Avengers. Does every hero in the MCU need to be an Avenger?

Ant-Man with Wasp can be the street level heroes we'll only be getting on TV. "To Steal An Ant-Man" could be about Lang, Pym and Wasp stopping AIM from creating their own super soldiers. MODOK could be in the film as well as Whirlwind, etc.

Last edited by babykhris; 07-22-2013 at 04:16 PM.
babykhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #70
Lex72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
So sick of people pissing on this before we even know any of the details. Also we don't even know if Stark is the creator, that's speculation at this point, even thought it might make the most sense, and it's been done before as in Next Avengers.

Marvel has a plan, and it's worked out pretty well so far. The plan is not to introduce characters in Avengers that haven't already been introduced in individual films. Some of the minor characters are exceptions like Maria Hill, who was a new character and Barton/Fury who were introduced as cameo appearances.
U mean a new character filmwise right?

Lex72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #71
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
My reaction to the news this weekend:

"Avengers: Age of Ultron"
**** yeah! I'm thrilled. I can't wait.

"No Hank Pym."
I can't wait for World's Finest.
You do understand that the comics and the films are DIFFERENT right? Did you cry like this with every "different from the comics" moment in the first film? Sheesh...

Both Batman & Superman and Age of Ultron are hugely amazing developments for CBM fans. The Marvel Cinematic Universe and the Nolanverse are both looking exciting in years to come.

VS. Thanos
MARVEL'S THE INFINITY GAUNTLET
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #72
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Think about it this way: Scott Lang is probably the protagonist of the Ant-Man film, not Hank Pym. Hank Pym is probably an old, retired hero. He works in the "To Steal An Ant-Man" storyline because it's based on Lang taking up the mantle of Ant-Man.

When you think of it like that it makes sense. Sucks for Pym (from the standpoint he doesn't get to be a major hero anyway)...but it makes sense of how the Ant-Man movie will work still.
I feel the same exact way. What else are they going to do with Pym. Show him hitting Janet? I'd rather make Pym Giant-Man or YellowJacket. Have the solo Ant-Man film about Scott Lang based on the To Steal An Ant-Man storyline.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #73
Dr Noah Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
Don't know why you think Stark will die. RDJ has 2 more films on his contract
I SHOULD HAVE SAID the third movie he dies

Dr Noah Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #74
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I wouldn't mind him dying in the third movie especially if Thanos is the main villain.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #75
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I was thinking maybe tony finds and tries to "improve" the ultron ai, that Pym created based on his brain waces back in 60s, and that could be fleshed out in the antman movie along with him training Lang.