The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #701
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Oh my God, this is turning into Dismembermentgate.
Just as long as they don't dismember his "hammer".

Old 07-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #702
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I don't think he confirmed it, but he certainly doesn't deny it. He just says Loki is beyond redemption, which also could be a ruse. I mean if Loki really does redeem himself before getting killed, they aren't going to confirm something like that.

Er, what? Loki dies in Thor 2?

Old 07-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #703
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Starting to wonder if the people who saw the trailer knew what they were actually looking at. I mean a sword could've come down on his arm, but did it fade out before they actually saw him being dismembered???

Still just strange to me. Never in a million years could I imagine them dismembering a key protagonist like that.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #704
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Okay...for everyone complaining about Thor having his hand (even temporarily) chopped off because he's a god and shouldn't be gravely wounded so easily...

I'd love to know what your opinion is on this...

This is what I mean by some people read the comics, and some people only know of Thor from movies, and animated shows and movies. Odin didn't loose his eye, he sacrificed it to Mimir for all knowledge and power. His missing eye, is the key to his power, not some battle scar.

And yes Thor can take damage, but only the strongest and most powerful of foes can hope to hurt him(Hulk, Juggernaut, Silver Sulfur, Sentry, ect). Take a look at what a slash in the face does to him from wolverine, who is considered to have some of, if not, sharpest things in the Marvel Universe. So like I said it better be explained why whatever it is that Loki has, should even come close to be able to cut off Thor's hand.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #705
Caboose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
This is what I mean by some people read the comics, and some people only know of Thor from movies, and animated shows and movies. Odin didn't loose his eye, he sacrificed it to Mimir for all knowledge and power. His missing eye, is the key to his power, not some battle scar.

And yes Thor can take damage, but only the strongest and most powerful of foes can hope to hurt him(Hulk, Juggernaut, Silver Sulfur, Sentry, ect). Take a look at what a slash in the face does to him from wolverine, who is considered to have some of, if not, sharpest things in the Marvel Universe. So like I said it better be explained why whatever it is that Loki has, should even come close to be able to cut off Thor's hand.

The comics are not the movies. Deal with it. I'm tired of hearing about all this power level bullcrap.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #706
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
It's different in the MCU, though. He lost it in the Frost Giant battle.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #707
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
In the comics yes, but in the MCU he loses it because Laufey throws an ice shard that takes out his eye.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #708
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
so what, this hand chopping thing is semi-official?
the original footage description i read said loki kicked his hand away, and that was it...
The IGN interview plus a few others have confirmed it's true. I believe io9 also mentioned it in their recap.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #709
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Ohhh right I remember that now. I guess your right, Thor can loose his hand.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #710
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Quote:

Which issue/comic is that btw?

Old 07-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #711
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
In the comics yes, but in the MCU he loses it because Laufey throws an ice shard that takes out his eye.
Losing an eye is a bit different than losing an entire limb. Plus we already knew going in Odin had one eye, so they fashioned the event which caused it to how they saw fit. Not to mention we didn't actually see the eye get mauled. If someone gets their hand chopped off, there's going to be blood everywhere and that's why I think it's odd considering Disney's name is attached to this.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #712
04nbod
I need to debrief you

One of the great things about Thor is that he is a hero living with a disability. Its inspirational to those that do have disabilities. If he can't be Blake, giving him a prosthetic limb and still having him kick rear would be a great way to do it. It is important to the character in a way that is underestimated.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #713
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
One of the great things about Thor is that he is a hero living with a disability. Its inspirational to those that do have disabilities. If he can't be Blake, giving him a prosthetic limb and still having him kick rear would be a great way to do it. It is important to the character in a way that is underestimated.
Interesting, I never thought about it that way, since the Don Blake part was really more of a homage to the comics, than anything. Definitely in those early Lee/Kirby issues that was a huge part of the roll.

I certainly understand that way of thinking. The only reason I'm against giving him a fake hand, is that's been done so many times over, be it ESB, or Aquaman, or even the Evil Dead movies.

Granted the way the scene is described it sounds bad ass.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #714
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Wolverine Vs. Thor

Wolverine is under a spell by Loki I believe, and thinks Thor is Sabertooth, meaning Thor holds back the entire fight.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #715
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Losing an eye is a bit different than losing an entire limb. Plus we already knew going in Odin had one eye, so they fashioned the event which caused it to how they saw fit. Not to mention we didn't actually see the eye get mauled. If someone gets their hand chopped off, there's going to be blood everywhere and that's why I think it's odd considering Disney's name is attached to this.
Acutally we do see his eye get mauled. Watch the opening scene of Thor. Odin is fighting and Odin is distracted. Laufey forms an ice spike and hurls it at Odin, and he's stunned, but continues to fight.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #716
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
The IGN interview plus a few others have confirmed it's true. I believe io9 also mentioned it in their recap.
It would seem like a huge giveaway for the trailer at Comic Con to have actually shown Thor's hand getting cut off. Are we absolutely sure the screen didn't cut to black right before? Did someone here go to the SDCC and see it? Can they tell us for a fact that the trailer shows Loki slicing through Thor's hand and not just a blade coming down and appearing to do so? I find this hard to picture in a teaser trailer.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #717
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
It would seem like a huge giveaway for the trailer at Comic Con to have actually shown Thor's hand getting cut off. Are we absolutely sure the screen didn't cut to black right before? Did someone here go to the SDCC and see it? Can they tell us for a fact that the trailer shows Loki slicing through Thor's hand and not just a blade coming down and appearing to do so? I find this hard to picture in a teaser trailer.
I asked that myself. Like I say, I'm a bit skeptical of trailers showing stuff like this. The one that always comes to mind was Star Trek 6 where they showed in the trailer Kirk was being vaporized by a phaser. Of course that didn't happen, so I'm a little curious here.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #718
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

The eye isn´t the same deal as Thor being amputated!
It´s not like in the comics or in the mythology.

But it´s true that the MCU doesn´t have to use the same story as in the comics or mythology. A battle wound would suffice, as long as he doesn´t have the eye.
The big screen is a totally different medium than the comics so it´s not strange that they choose for Odin to loose it in battle and for someone else than Pym to build Ultron.

What´s so hard to understand? He will have his hand/arm back. Dr Strange, Odin, well someone is going to fix this. Don´t trust the trailer too much either.

I think it´s a trick from Loki, an illusion. There could be some other purpose for why he cut it, it´s a trailer. They often trick you into thinking something!

Old 07-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #719
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

OK I found this on another board of someone who actually saw the footage. Take this for what you will:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It was very fast, but it definitely ended with Thor with his hand outstretched to catch Mjiolnor (sp?). Loki was standing next to / above him (because I'm pretty sure Thor was kneeling). Loki looked at Thor, looked out as if he was looking at the hammer coming back, then struck down (I don't remember what with? a knife, a staff?) and very, very briefly I saw a shot with Thor's hand extended toward the camera, then where his hand was there was a round shape like the shape of your wrist if your hand were cut off. It was extremely fast, and was not graphic. i don't remember seeing any blood or anything, but it was SO brief. Then the screen went dark and you heard him scream.

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums....php?p=5891465

Old 07-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #720
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Er, what? Loki dies in Thor 2?
That was speculation that was going around. Also there was speculation that Loki would "redeem" himself. Feige and Hiddleston seemed to downplay that Loki would ever redeem himself, but if that were actually in the plot, I doubt they'd be out there saying it.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #721
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
OK I found this on another board of someone who actually saw the footage. Take this for what you will:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It was very fast, but it definitely ended with Thor with his hand outstretched to catch Mjiolnor (sp?). Loki was standing next to / above him (because I'm pretty sure Thor was kneeling). Loki looked at Thor, looked out as if he was looking at the hammer coming back, then struck down (I don't remember what with? a knife, a staff?) and very, very briefly I saw a shot with Thor's hand extended toward the camera, then where his hand was there was a round shape like the shape of your wrist if your hand were cut off. It was extremely fast, and was not graphic. i don't remember seeing any blood or anything, but it was SO brief. Then the screen went dark and you heard him scream.

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums....php?p=5891465
Finally! Someone who explained this in a manner we can actually understand (I commend this individual for their detail).

That sounds wicked cool. And very dark. Brazen move by the director.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #722
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

They will figure it out. I'll doubt Thor will stay dismembered (especially since that is not a comic arc)

Old 07-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #723
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
The comics are not the movies. Deal with it. I'm tired of hearing about all this power level bullcrap.
I'm a long time fan of the comics, but count me among the ones who are tired this power level talk too. It's everything some fanboys can ever talk about.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #724
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Okay...for everyone complaining about Thor having his hand (even temporarily) chopped off because he's a god and shouldn't be gravely wounded so easily...

I'd love to know what your opinion is on this...

That's obviously just a fashion statement.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 07-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #725
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Anyone else getting this feeling?

Closed Thread