The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #726
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Anyone else getting this feeling?

The scene sounds cool, but the hand thing kind of...doesn't. Since Loki is so evil, he should have just cut off his whole arm.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #727
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

He might as well have done this if they are permanently removing
his arm/hand which some people seem to think they will do.

Loki: "I take from you, your hand, and cast it out!"
Then we see it get flushed down the toilet only to
fall upon Midgard and hit Ultron in the face thus creating a short-circut.
Then it will be there until Thor gets it back but at what cost?
Ultron starts living again and then they can do A2, a good way to connect the movies
and save Thor´s hand.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #728
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Hmm. If Thor's hand has been infected I wonder if the crucial thing here is that if he summons mjolnir and it's touched by the infected hand that Thor no longer controls mjolnir?

If that's the scenario then Loki is chopping off the hand to stop the infection spreading, to save mjolnir from getting lost to the baddies, and he gets to satisfy his evil side by inflicting bodily harm on Thor!

Old 07-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #729
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Hmm. If Thor's hand has been infected I wonder if the crucial thing here is that if he summons mjolnir and it's touched by the infected hand that Thor no longer controls mjolnir?

If that's the scenario then Loki is chopping off the hand to stop the infection spreading, to save mjolnir from getting lost to the baddies, and he gets to satisfy his evil side by inflicting bodily harm on Thor!
Yeah I heard someone say that before, it´s possible. But I am 100% sure that he will get the hand back.

Isn´t it more likely that it´s some kind of illusion that Loki uses to fool someone?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #730
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

I very much doubt we'll see Thor with one hand for too long. If the Asgardians can build things like the rainbow bridge then I'm sure reconstructing a new hand isn't that much of a stretch.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #731
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Yeah we don't know the context. The trailer cut was meant to shock, and that's exactly what it did.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #732
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
I very much doubt we'll see Thor with one hand for too long. If the Asgardians can build things like the rainbow bridge then I'm sure reconstructing a new hand isn't that much of a stretch.
I agree, I just don't want to see a mechanical hand, or magical or whatever. It's been done too many times.

Hey maybe an end credit scene where Tony injects Extremis into him and he grows back his hand. LOL!

Old 07-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #733
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Destroyer arm or nothing!!!

Old 07-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #734
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Yeah we don't know the context. The trailer cut was meant to shock, and that's exactly what it did.
Except that a heap of people apparently didn't notice that the hand was chopped off. I still can't believe the variation of reports, especially when you show some reporting that they actually saw the post-chop stump in that clip.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #735
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Indeed!

Old 07-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #736
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Except that a heap of people apparently didn't notice that the hand was chopped off. I still can't believe the variation of reports, especially when you show some reporting that they actually saw the post-chop stump in that clip.
Yeah descriptions are all over the place. I think perhaps because the scene was cut so quickly.

I wonder if it was like Ned Stark's head chopping scene that Taylor did, where you see the blade go through the neck, but you never see the head come off.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #737
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Argh! No GoT spoilers. I've only just managed to see the series and I was so pissed off that someone online had spoiled that bit for me, as I'd deliberately avoided all GoT forums.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #738
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Argh! No GoT spoilers. I've only just managed to see the series and I was so pissed off that someone online had spoiled that bit for me, as I'd deliberately avoided all GoT forums.
The book has been out for nearly 20 years and the first season aired over 2 years ago. That is on you.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #739
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

The show is only on pay tv and a lot of people wait for the DVDs to come out before they watch it. Season 3 DVD isn't out until 2014 but if you've read all books and you think it's fine then go ahead here and drop as many big spoilers as you like for all the seasons to come.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #740
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
The show is only on pay tv and a lot of people wait for the DVDs to come out before they watch it. Season 3 DVD isn't out until 2014 but if you've read all books and you think it's fine then go ahead here and drop as many big spoilers as you like for all the seasons to come.
The blu ray and DVD for season 1 GoT came out last year.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #741
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The blu ray and DVD for season 1 GoT came out last year.
I have no idea when they came out in Australia, but please do spoil me here, now for what is going to happen in the future seasons if you've read the books. Clearly the book and US release dates for these things is all that matters and a Thor movie forum is the right place to discuss spoilers for a cable tv show.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #742
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Well I'm not trying to spoil the show, the only reason I mentioned that scene is because 1. Alan Taylor directed it, and because 2. it showed dismemberment without actually showing blood or body parts falling off.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #743
warriorking
Side-Kick

I just wish they would release the damn trailer so we can see and speculate for ourselves....And where is Kurse in all this...I am beginning to wonder if he is going to play a major role in this movie..Its been very quiet about his role thus far....

Last edited by warriorking; 07-22-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #744
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah, doesn't make any sense. It tells me that there's a peculiar way the trailer was edited.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #745
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Skuttlebutt update

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #746
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Say, in the teaser there is a shot of what looks to be Loki, Thor and Jane walking together at some point, yes? In some mountainous area. Does Thor in that breif monent look like Jane is helping him because he's hobbled? Or am I off base here?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #747
warriorking
Side-Kick

I watched the teaser again and it does not look like Thor is hurt in that scene, he seems to be helping Jane...they also state that Thor cries Noooo!!! when the scene of the hand cutting fades quickly to black ...we all know from the first teaser that this cannot be so...but rather he is screaming Nooo!!! not because of any physical pain inflicted upon himself but clearly an emotional outcry due to either jane or someone else being hurt or killed by whoever he is fighting ...I still think he does not loose a hand..I feel its just a sly editing trick....

Last edited by warriorking; 07-22-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #748
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Ok. That seems likely. They edited the big "Noooo!" moment with the footage shown at SDCC. I am not totally against something like this happening. It could be interesting and dramatic. Plus it would quiet the "MARVEL films are no stakes kid films" detractors some. I can go either way really. I like flights of fancy adventure with my superheros. I like big serious dramatic takes on my superheros. I'm lucky that I get both kinds of films now.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #749
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
I watched the teaser again and it does not look like Thor is hurt in that scene, he seems to be helping Jane...they also state that Thor cries Noooo!!! when the scene of the hand cutting fades quickly to black ...we all know from the first teaser that this cannot be so...but rather he is screaming Nooo!!! not because of any physical pain inflicted upon himself but clearly an emotional outcry due to either jane or someone else being hurt or killed by whoever he is fighting ...I still think he does not loose a hand..I feel its just a sly editing trick....
Yeah I'm not sold either. I've do doubts of the account of the footage, but it's just that I've seen that done a ton of times in movie, making you think one character is in peril, and it ends up being something else.

Were it not for ESB, or Aquaman, or Jamie Lannister, I'd totally be on board with this, but the severed hand is just entirely overplayed.

*edit* Had to blackout that last bit as we had a big discussion early about GoT spoilers.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #750
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Really hoping we'll get to see the footage soon so we can all make up our own minds about it.

Quote:
*edit* Had to blackout that last bit as we had a big discussion early about GoT spoilers.
*sends you a dozen chocolate minty Thors as a peace offering*

Closed Thread