The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #101
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Seriously ..... stop trying to derail the conversation with this nonsense. Stick to what we know of the MCU. Discussing Jackman's hard-on to be in A2 or a hypothetical deal with Fox is absolutely pointless.
Yeah better wait with that disussion. I would be very happy to see wolverine and I also think it would be better to make Ultron grab adamantium rather than vibranium. As an X-men fan, Wolverine > Bp

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #102
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,332
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Ultron is going to have to be made out of Vibranium....maybe that's how Wakanda comes into the picture?

__________________
Marvel/DC:
2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron | The Fantastic Four | Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #103
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Yes thatīs what I meant with Wolverine > Bp.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #104
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,964
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Ultron is going to have to be made out of Vibranium....maybe that's how Wakanda comes into the picture?
That's what I suggested, since we know Marvel was scouting Cape Town as a shooting location (i.e. Wakanda).

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #105
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,332
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Yeah, if Wakanda is in the film it's going to be very interesting to see how they handle Black Panther. It starts to sound overboard when you have Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, possibly Vision, and Black Panther all being introduced in one film, when the film is supposedly about focusing more on the current Avengers.

__________________
Marvel/DC:
2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron | The Fantastic Four | Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #106
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,964
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yeah, if Wakanda is in the film it's going to be very interesting to see how they handle Black Panther. It starts to sound overboard when you have Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, possibly Vision, and Black Panther all being introduced in one film, when the film is supposedly about focusing more on the current Avengers.
Well Feige did say that A:AOU will be a worldwide event. So it's understandable that the team could use more recruits. But I think there's a definite limit to that. I don't want this franchise finding itself in the X-Men gaffe.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #107
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,332
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Yeah I want to see Joss deliver on his promise of going deeper into the team and not have it devolve into focusing on a certain and then having others shafted.

__________________
Marvel/DC:
2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron | The Fantastic Four | Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #108
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
That's what I suggested, since we know Marvel was scouting Cape Town as a shooting location (i.e. Wakanda).
Interesting

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #109
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,346
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yeah I want to see Joss deliver on his promise of going deeper into the team and not have it devolve into focusing on a certain and then having others shafted.
You don't have to wonder about that. He's been doing that his whole career. Joss has a great knack for ensemble pieces and he's always had just the right amount. Be it, Buffy or Firefly, he has always given each of the characters plenty to work with.

__________________
“Whenever you see somebody crossing over to something it gives it pop. Like Murder She Wrote and Magnum [P.I.] — great crossover. I got excited.” Joss Whedon on Spider-man joining the Avengers.
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #110
geoffdog77
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

I bet you that Tony and Bruce work together to create Ultron... I mean rather than this being about Tony Stark creating it, it can explore a darker area of the negative consequences of power. Plus it would allow it to be more of an ensemble piece.
It could be structured like: cap hawkeye widdow falcon go all secret avengers on a mission maybe to recruit scarlet witch and quicksilver while tony and bruce stay home and work on ultron as some sort of super important thing, i dont know. Then ultron is born, chaos ensues, everyone comes back together, they think they defeat ulrton then vision appears they fight him, ultron recovers, vision maybe starts to question everything and just flies the **** off. then the avengers finish him (and his other robots or whatever).

geoffdog77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #111
samsnee
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,507
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

I bet Ultron's name will be short for something like ULTimate Remote Operating Network. Basically the World Council doesn't trust the Avengers so they create this system similar to Skynet and when it goes live, well....

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #112
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
I bet Ultron's name will be short for something like ULTimate Remote Operating Network. Basically the World Council doesn't trust the Avengers so they create this system similar to Skynet and when it goes live, well....
The council and their stupid-ass decisions

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #113
KnightGambit
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 241
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON


Maybe as said before that Ultron is a discarded Iron Man Suit who becomes self aware and a corrupted JARVIS....

Like when the suit attacked Pepper in IM3 on its own

KnightGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #114
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,346
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

I really don't want Ultron to be a corrupted Jarvis, other than what I speculated on, in that Tony was working on an AI system for the military, and they dumped the project, and he took the work that they did and made J.A.R.V.I.S. and based the A.I. on his father's butler. The military took what Tony was doing and corrupted it.

__________________
“Whenever you see somebody crossing over to something it gives it pop. Like Murder She Wrote and Magnum [P.I.] — great crossover. I got excited.” Joss Whedon on Spider-man joining the Avengers.
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #115
Ant-manic
Side-Kick
 
Ant-manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,323
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightGambit View Post

Maybe as said before that Ultron is a discarded Iron Man Suit who becomes self aware and a corrupted JARVIS....

Like when the suit attacked Pepper in IM3 on its own
maybe Ultron remembers being forced to make love to Pepper in Stark's stead; explaining its obsession.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #116
misjuevos
I am Groot
 
misjuevos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 3,990
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

ultron could just show up, and have a trail that leads to pym, without ever showing pym. then after or during antman movie we see where ultron came from. or just have the opening of the avengers 2 movie be a guy working on ultron. we never see his face just his back. we then see ultron activate. leading the audience to believe it was just some foolish scientist who created this AI gone bad. later have it revealed in antman that it was pym working on ultron.

also whatever happened to the talks with vin diesel and marvel. maybe they want him for ultron's voice. if they want him so bad i would hope it is just his voice they want.

__________________
"fear should not exist in your mind, if you fear you will never accomplish anything"
misjuevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #117
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,964
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
ultron could just show up, and have a trail that leads to pym, without ever showing pym. then after or during antman movie we see where ultron came from. or just have the opening of the avengers 2 movie be a guy working on ultron. we never see his face just his back. we then see ultron activate. leading the audience to believe it was just some foolish scientist who created this AI gone bad. later have it revealed in antman that it was pym working on ultron.
Joss Whedon said A:AOU is Ultron's origin story so it doesn't matter what the events of Antman are.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #118
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 134
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

The problem with showing Ultron's origins AFTER AoU is that he'll just be some generic evil robot in AoU. The film shouldn't have to rely on sequels, prequels or origin films for depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffdog77 View Post
I bet you that Tony and Bruce work together to create Ultron...
Which one's Mommy?


Last edited by Wine-N-Cheese; 07-23-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Wine-N-Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:23 AM   #119
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,058
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
Exactly. Tony's been shocked already at what his creations are capable of to the point where he turned them into a firework show at the end of IM3.

He clearly feels that they are no longer need, and that they aren't the solution to whatever threats await the world in the future. So there really is no logical reason for him to mess around with an even more advanced AI.

If Tony's involved with Ultron, it'll be indirectly i.e. someone has taken his technology.
The firework show was clearly to show Pepper his dedication. He was all "see I'm here for you." There's no way to take that as "See, I'm shocked at what they are capable of!" When was he ever shocked at his creations? The bedroom scene, where he immediately proceeded not to destroy any armors and never mention the incident again.

Also... what in the world does that have to do with not creating more advanced AI, a totally separate solution to problems?

Are you guys trying to conjure up reasons for Stark not to make Ultron?

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - Cyborg TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas - How I'd Have Done the DCCU - FYI: Stark creates Ultron in AoU
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #120
Visualiza
What is a yout?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 761
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
The firework show was clearly to show Pepper his dedication. He was all "see I'm here for you." There's no way to take that as "See, I'm shocked at what they are capable of!" When was he ever shocked at his creations? The bedroom scene, where he immediately proceeded not to destroy any armors and never mention the incident again.

Also... what in the world does that have to do with not creating more advanced AI, a totally separate solution to problems?

Are you guys trying to conjure up reasons for Stark not to make Ultron?
On the contrary, I think that you're trying to find reasons for him to do so.

I don't see how it can be concluded that Tony Stark will develop an A.I. to solve his problems when his current A.I. attempted to kill the love of his life. Why make an autonomous A.I. when you've seen first hand the dangers of such a thing? There would be no point in doing so; JARVIS does everything he needs(within reason) for the time being, and him going back to the drawing board with the mentality of 'ok, so JARVIS screwed up, how can I make him better for next time' would be too reminiscent of his plight in IM3 in the first place. He's past that stage by now.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #121
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
On the contrary, I think that you're trying to find reasons for him to do so.

I don't see how it can be concluded that Tony Stark will develop an A.I. to solve his problems when his current A.I. attempted to kill the love of his life. Why make an autonomous A.I. when you've seen first hand the dangers of such a thing? There would be no point in doing so; JARVIS does everything he needs(within reason) for the time being, and him going back to the drawing board with the mentality of 'ok, so JARVIS screwed up, how can I make him better for next time' would be too reminiscent of his plight in IM3 in the first place. He's past that stage by now.
Thatīs why the council/government are going to build the A.I.
I donīt know what it is going be based on. Maybe Stark tech or AIM stuff. Tony will probably not build it anyway.
Itīs however possible that he gets some blame if itīs based on his earlier work with wepons or with A.I (Jarvis).

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #122
Visualiza
What is a yout?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 761
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

^Maybe. I'm not sure how deeply we should read into Whedon's quote "his origin comes more directly from The Avengers we already know about," as that may mean from one(or all) of them directly or from their respective solo outings, be it a villain, organization, entity, or otherwise.

Either way, I don't think it will be as obvious as most are suggesting.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #123
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Yeah. I get the feeling tho, that even if itīs an external source that makes Ultron go insane (or even create him),
itīs still gonna be more than 1 Avenger responsible for creating him in some way.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #124
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,200
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I really don't want Ultron to be a corrupted Jarvis, other than what I speculated on, in that Tony was working on an AI system for the military, and they dumped the project, and he took the work that they did and made J.A.R.V.I.S. and based the A.I. on his father's butler. The military took what Tony was doing and corrupted it.
I am hoping that Jarvis becomes Ultron because the best villains, like Stane and Loki, are those that have a deep personal connection to their nemesis. With Pym out of the picture (though I am hoping Whedon has Pym collaborating with Stark on the Jarvis AI), the Stark/Jarvis relationship is a terrific one to exploit. It will be quite chilling to have the voice of Paul Bettany coming out of a killer robot.

Whedon mentioned that Ultron will be going through upgrades during the film, so while he will start out with a transformed Iron Man suit, I think he's eventually going to end up in the big guy - the Destroyer armor. From the Avengers preview comics we know the SHIELD has the armor, and having Jarvis/Ulton transfer his conscious into this form is a much "cleaner" path to take than having him create a body from scratch. Indestructible armor is very difficult to come by, and SHIELD having one that somewhat resembles Ultron's comic book dimensions may be too convenient to pass up.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #125
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: The Design & Origin of ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I am hoping that Jarvis becomes Ultron because the best villains, like Stane and Loki, are those that have a deep personal connection to their nemesis. With Pym out of the picture (though I am hoping Whedon has Pym collaborating with Stark on the Jarvis AI), the Stark/Jarvis relationship is a terrific one to exploit. It will be quite chilling to have the voice of Paul Bettany coming out of a killer robot.

Whedon mentioned that Ultron will be going through upgrades during the film, so while he will start out with a transformed Iron Man suit, I think he's eventually going to end up in the big guy - the Destroyer armor. From the Avengers preview comics we know the SHIELD has the armor, and having Jarvis/Ulton transfer his conscious into this form is a much "cleaner" path to take than having him create a body from scratch. Indestructible armor is very difficult to come by, and SHIELD having one that somewhat resembles Ultron's comic book dimensions may be too convenient to pass up.
I see that quite many seem to think that the destroyer armor is going to be the vessel of Ultron. Trust me, that is not going to happen, no way!

Itīs just to much magic about it. Iīm also not sure if an A.I counts as a lifesource(which is needed to use it)
and no one (even with the knowledge to build such an armor) could do it because they would lack the magical power.
Also if an A.I took over the suit, Odin should be able to do something, he is and Sky/All-father ffs.
Maybe if a knowledge devourer like Ultron were to get his hands on the Tesseract or an infinity gem and an A.I counts as a lifeforce,
it would be possible for him to do it, yes. But you hear how that sounds. Just saying.

The best explanation so far is the one given by Rock Sexton imo. We will get Wakanda ->Bp-> vibranium->super enhanced Ultron.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.