The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results: What's your favorite Iron Man movie?
Iron Man 110 67.07%
Iron Man 2 8 4.88%
Iron Man 3 46 28.05%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #126
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
You went from giving it a 4 to 7.5 like I've rated it all along. I knew you'd come around eventually.

We arrived at the same overall rating in different ways. I loved the twist, but thought the Extremis bad guys kinda sucked.
I came around a month ago. You just didn't see my posts. My initial anger burned out after a couple of weeks.

Agreed on the extremis bad guys, but to me they're no different than the Chitauri soldiers in Avengers or the Hammer drones in IM2. They're not what I care about. It'd be pretty hard for them to influence my rating much in either direction.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #127
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Agreed on the extremis bad guys, but to me they're no different than the Chitauri soldiers in Avengers or the Hammer drones in IM2. They're not what I care about. It'd be pretty hard for them to influence my rating much in either direction.
I rate everything when it comes to superhero movies, which is why I haven't been able to give anything higher than 8.5 for a superhero movie. Too many cliches and so forth to get up there into elite territory where I would rate classic films.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #128
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
I rate everything when it comes to superhero movies, which is why I haven't been able to give anything higher than 8.5 for a superhero movie. Too many cliches and so forth to get up there into elite territory where I would rate classic films.
Oh, I account for everything as well but that doesn't mean each part holds the same importance. If the bad guy minions suck then for me that might take off a .25/10 -.5/10 at most but what they did to the Mandarin had me taking a full 2/10 off for that BS.

As far as I'm concerned, the main antagonist/villain is the 2nd most important character in the film after the protagonist/hero at #1. Then the love interest/ingénue comes in 3rd and supporting characters after her.

Minions/henchmen don't even rate that high. They're not even characters. They're living props.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #129
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, I account for everything as well but that doesn't mean each part holds the same importance. If the bad guy minions suck then for me that might take off a .25/10 -.5/10 at most but what they did to the Mandarin had me taking a full 2/10 off for that BS.

As far as I'm concerned, the main antagonist/villain is the 2nd most important character in the film after the protagonist/hero at #1. Then the love interest/ingénue comes in 3rd and supporting characters after her.

Minions/henchmen don't even rate that high. They're not even characters. They're living props.
Yes, I'd take off a similar amount to you for the Extremis henchmen. But I would also say the Extremis thing extends to Killian too. He wasn't that convincing as a bad guy. The Extremis plot in general wasn't very impressive to me.

I loved the twist because it was funny and I liked the social commentary it provided regarding media coverage of our "enemies" in the world. It's kinda like all the speculation regarding Bin Laden. A lot of people thought he was dead for many years, yet the U.S. government claims we killed him in 2011. His video tapes kept getting shown in the media, so the "boogey man" effect kept going even if he really did die sometime in the early 2000's.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #130
Hammer!
Side-Kick

1. Iron Man 8/10
2. Iron Man 3 7.5/10
3. Iron Man 2 6/10

IM3 is really growing on me though. I thought Black did a fantastic job.

Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #131
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Iron Man - 9.5/10 - best superhero movie I've ever seen. Extremely faithful.

Iron Man 2 - 8.5/10 - Very good but you just can't beat the first. Some liberties taken starting to bother me.

Iron Man 3 - 5/10 - Unforgivable if it stays as is w/o some retcon or something.
Ranked them pretty well. Iron Man isn't the best superhero movie still but it was when I saw it.

By the gods, I really disliked IM3 on so many levels.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #132
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
Ranked them pretty well. Iron Man isn't the best superhero movie still but it was when I saw it.

By the gods, I really disliked IM3 on so many levels.
Well everyone is gonna have a different opinion about which they think is the best. Usually it will coincide with whatever fandom they already had.

And I've changed my mind somewhat on IM3 after the initial shock of it all. I still rank it last among Iron Man movies but I ended up giving it a 7.5/10.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #133
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2

Not too keen on numerical ratings, but this is how I'd rank them. Iron Man('08) is in a class of its own as far as I'm concerned, while the other two films occupy a tier or two below it. I enjoyed them both for different reasons; they're among the better sequels the genre has produced thus far.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #134
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Iron man 3
Iron man
Iron man 2

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #135
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Im3
im
im2

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? - Bill Hicks
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #136
JohnConner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
IM1 -Brilliant flick, in my top 5 favorite comic book movies.

IM2 - Messy but highly entertaining. Gets a little too much hate IMO.

IM3 - Has a tighter, stronger story than IM2, but I didn't find it particularly entertaining.
I agree with this mostly.

IM3 is pure unfiltered excrement tho. I considered leaving the theatre which is something I reserve for only pure turd like say Elektra or Punishers.

IM3 is barely a movie..its a pure insult to the comic fans...its a pure insult to anyone that sat thru 1 and 2. What the hell was he doing with that kid? in the middle of Tenn? also whipping up tech from crap? then using it to break into another lab? like I said this is pure unfiltered crap. Then the mandarin stuff ? really...was the writer actually taking a taco bell crap as he finished off this script? This movie was immensely insultive...its an insult even as a stand alone film much more to comic book genre.

To me it even shows how much of a diehard fan you are if you find it remotely acceptable. This movie was fun for the actors and makers...I dont go to watch a movie so that it's involved crew can get their rocks off on having fun and or having a last Hurrah on me.....it was completely intolerable....their was barely any suit action.

It absolutely demands to have its masters burned. It was a complete outrage.
I for one found no humor in their barrage of insults to Tony and to us.

IF ANYTHING ALL IN ALL I WAS ALSO FINALLY SICKENED OF Robert Downy JR. And I never want to see this guy as Tony Stark again. Ill gladly watch Sherlock holmes 3....but I think this guy feels high when he plays Tony or gets high...or maybe its just that IM3 sucked so badly and he cooperated and possibly enjoyed this soiled diaper of a film. Something Chris Bale would have never ever tolerated. It was a disrespectful film...and just like ppl were fired for John Carter and will be for Lone Ranger....I feel you and I as fans should be demanding it....the entire film roll as the evidence.

JohnConner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #137
OcStat
Side-Kick

Sorry man but I think comparing Iron Man 3 to Elektra on ANY level is absurd.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:50 AM   #138
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

lol @ john conner's post

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #139
divan
Side-Kick

Iron Man
Iron Man Three

Iron Man 2

divan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #140
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Iron Man - 10/10 probably best standalone CBM imo.

Iron Man 3 - 8.5/10 strong chemistry between characters, story, and set pieces. My initial rating was 9/10 but then I noticed how much more this movie could have been with many tweaks.

Iron Man 2 - 7.5/10 great entertaining action, but loose plot, characters and script brought the movie down.

Last edited by darkslayer101; 07-23-2013 at 02:52 PM.
darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #141
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnConner View Post

IM3 is pure unfiltered excrement tho. I considered leaving the theatre which is something I reserve for only pure turd like say Elektra or Punishers.

IM3 is barely a movie..its a pure insult to the comic fans...its a pure insult to anyone that sat thru 1 and 2. What the hell was he doing with that kid? in the middle of Tenn? also whipping up tech from crap? then using it to break into another lab? like I said this is pure unfiltered crap. Then the mandarin stuff ? really...was the writer actually taking a taco bell crap as he finished off this script? This movie was immensely insultive...its an insult even as a stand alone film much more to comic book genre.

To me it even shows how much of a diehard fan you are if you find it remotely acceptable. This movie was fun for the actors and makers...I dont go to watch a movie so that it's involved crew can get their rocks off on having fun and or having a last Hurrah on me.....it was completely intolerable....their was barely any suit action.

IF ANYTHING ALL IN ALL I WAS ALSO FINALLY SICKENED OF Robert Downy JR. And I never want to see this guy as Tony Stark again. Ill gladly watch Sherlock holmes 3....but I think this guy feels high when he plays Tony or gets high...or maybe its just that IM3 sucked so badly and he cooperated and possibly enjoyed this soiled diaper of a film. Something Chris Bale would have never ever tolerated. It was a disrespectful film...and just like ppl were fired for John Carter and will be for Lone Ranger....I feel you and I as fans should be demanding it....the entire film roll as the evidence.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film, but I really got a kick outta this rant.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #142
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:

glad to see that nothing much has changed around these boards since the release.

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #143
JohnConner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post

glad to see that nothing much has changed around these boards since the release.
Your thumb gif is exactly what that guy is doing right now as he laffs at what they pulled off in some kids backyard shed in the middle of god damm tennesee for more than an hour of the movie.

JohnConner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #144
OcStat
Side-Kick

So Tony Stark can build an entire suit for the first time while held captive in a cave, but you have trouble believing he could recharge a fuctional suit in a garage?

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:44 AM   #145
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
So Tony Stark can build an entire suit for the first time while held captive in a cave, but you have trouble believing he could recharge a fuctional suit in a garage?
When someone already hates a movie, they tend to be more harsh towards it.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:53 AM   #146
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

There's also fairly specific plot points that he asked about, which can easily be answered by...uhh idk, paying attention to the movie? lol

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #147
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #148
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

IM1

IM2

IM3 seriously folks, IM1 is in a level of it's own...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #149
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:

Man, they can quote you with any cackling or laughing gif. But you're right.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #150
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

I hated IM3 but in no way was it a T*** like Elektra. I agree personally that SB should not touch a CBM again but I was surprised that MS was ok with the mandarin.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote