The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #76
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Likely Deductions About Who'll Be Cast as the Next Batman

I don't get the Karl Urban thing, I just don't. He's okay, he's fine but as Batman? I'm not feeling it guys. Sorry.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #77
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
I've worked with many actors in my life,

and if he can't make his voice a bit deeper he's not a great actor.
This statement is so foolish I shouldn't even have to explain....

Old 07-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #78
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I don't get the Karl Urban thing, I just don't. He's okay, he's fine but as Batman? I'm not feeling it guys. Sorry.
He's being suggested because of Dredd. He'd make a fine Batman, even though hes not my first pick

Old 07-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #79
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've worked with many actors in my life, and if he can't make his voice a bit deeper he's not a great actor. Actors subtlety change their voice all the time. Some roles require major changes. If he can't do that, he'll never reach his potential. I think he can.
I've never seen Anthony Hopkins deepen his voice for a character, guess he's not a great actor, huh? No. It doesn't work like that.

I'm sure Gosling can make his voice "a bit" deeper, but he'd need to make it MUCH deeper in order to pull off Batman's deep authoritative voice.

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #80
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
I've never seen Anthony Hopkins deepen his voice for a character, guess he's not a great actor, huh? No. It doesn't work like that.

I'm sure Gosling can make his voice "a bit" deeper, but he'd need to make it MUCH deeper in order to pull off Batman's deep authoritative voice.
Go watch Oliver Stone's Nixon. Hopkins deepens his voice and manipulates his voice quite a bit from his natural voice.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #81
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
This statement is so foolish I shouldn't even have to explain....
Normally these types of statements come from someone who disagrees, but doesn't know how to back up their opinion of disagreement, so they just say snide comments like this and don't even try to explain their opinion. Give your opinion and we may disagree, but its better than these snide comments. And yeah, I've worked with tons of actors and have seen many actors not even close to Gosling's talent change their voices with ease. I can't fathom someone with his talent's unable to talk a little deeper.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #82
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
He'd be far sight better than some of the other guys fans want, like the Alcide guy from True Blood (can't act). Or Magneto (too busy and too expensive). Or Don Draper from Mad Men (too old).

I think the Batman pick will be out of nowhere (likely not Urban), but hopefully one people can rally behind. But I'm not liking 85% of these guys fans are listing. Bale is a tall order to follow, even if one didn't like aspects of his Bruce/Batman portrayal.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 07-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #83
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Same here, for the admittedly shallow reason that I don't find him to be attractive. Bruce ought to be conventionally handsome.

Quote:
Normally these types of statements come from someone who disagrees, but doesn't know how to back up their opinion of disagreement, so they just say snide comments like this and don't even try to explain their opinion. Give your opinion and we may disagree, but its better than these snide comments. And yeah, I've worked with tons of actors and have seen many actors not even close to Gosling's talent change their voices with ease. I can't fathom someone with his talent's unable to talk a little deeper.
Well, Bale's an excellent actor, too, and he never quite nailed the batvoice.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #84
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Well, Bale's an excellent actor, too, and he never quite nailed the batvoice.
Yeah, but Bale has shown the ability to change his voice many times. He doesn't use his real accent in most of his films. I'm talking about the ability to adjust one's voice as an actor. Now, Bale's Bat-voice was a bit over-the-top, but I don't think anyone wants that again. That's for Nolan's Batman. I think someone like Gosling could easily do a stern dark voice like in many of the animated adaptions or a stern reserved type voice like Keaton's Batman.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #85
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Same here, for the admittedly shallow reason that I don't find him to be attractive. Bruce ought to be conventionally handsome.
Well you are honest. I don't have a problem with his looks I just don't see him having the role in him. I still have to watch Dredd but I doubt that will change my opinion.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #86
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well you are honest. I don't have a problem with his looks I just don't see him having the role in him. I still have to watch Dredd but I doubt that will change my opinion.
Dredd is literally the only reason I'd be ok with Urban as Batman. If you haven't seen it, I can see why you don't really want him for Batman.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #87
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

A actor who knew how to change his voice was heath ledger. Just make a comparison between the voice of Ennis and the voice of the joker.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #88
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

I do think some people overrate Gosling though. He's good, but he's not in the Bale/Ledger/Hardy league. I just can't see him making that adjustment to Batman.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 07-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #89
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
I do think some people overrate Gosling though. He's good, but he's not in the Bale/Ledger/Hardy league. I just can't see him making that adjustment to Batman.

Ledger sadly doesn't have enough of a filmography to really analyze just how GREAT he was because he died shortly after he started getting real meaty roles. With what we got, I see them pretty even, but again, Ledger was really doing magnificent work when he was given something good, where as Gosling has already gotten to work on more great projects than Ledger.

Hardy is very good, but I think Gosling has shown much more range than Hardy. Gosling has played everything from the innocent man-child in Lars and The Real Girl, to a druggie in Half Nelson, to a hopeless romantic in Blue Valentine, to badasses in Drive and Place Beyond The Pines. His performance in Only God Forgives is a mixture of badass and complete wimp, which is pretty impressive.

He's got nothing on Bale, though, I'll give you that. In 20 years, I think Bale will be considered the best actor of this time, similar to what DDL is doing now. They remind me of each other in both their dedication to roles and their transformation in roles. Bale really is like a younger DDL.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #90
Hurm...
GreenGoblin1964(2006)

Personally, I want Gosling. After watching The Place Beyond The Pines (many times I might add), I think he can pull it off. He's a recognizable face, but hasn't been in too many blockbusters.

I'm just worried about Goyer lmfao.

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #91
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurm... View Post
Personally, I want Gosling. After watching The Place Beyond The Pines (many times I might add), I think he can pull it off. He's a recognizable face, but hasn't been in too many blockbusters.

I'm just worried about Goyer lmfao.
Agreed. Goyer is a comic writer/fan so many of his ideas are strong, but he needs a much more talented screenwriter to interpret those ideas into an actual screenplay with real characters and a consistent plot. Goyer was the perfect guy, with his comic love, to mix with Chris Nolan's 'realistic' take on Batman and Jonah Nolan actually take the ideas of the two of them and writing a cohesive script. Personally, I'd be more than happy with Snyder and Goyer as two of the main creative forces for the film if there was third guy who was actually an accomplished writer, whether it be Jonah or someone new. However, without that guy, I am a tad worried, but I did like MoS.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #92
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

I'm not convinced Gosling can carry a billion dollar franchise on his own. In all the things I've seen him in, he's just kind of there. Good but not great. I have the same problem with Urban for the role. This Batman is going to have to spin off into a whole new trilogy, that's going to be held up to the standard of Nolan's.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #93
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Liam McIntyre seems like a great choice to me. He is only one year older than Cavill, one inch taller than him and is 6'2 which is Batman's height in the comics, is relatively unknown much like Cavill was prior to MOS, has a fitting deep voice, can be dark and brooding as shown in Spartacus, and also has the charm for Bruce Wayne.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #94
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Spartacus looks terrible from the trailer i saw. Like a crap rip off version of Snyder 300 with cheesy acting. Does he have any other work to judge off of?

Old 07-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #95
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
I'm not convinced Gosling can carry a billion dollar franchise on his own. In all the things I've seen him in, he's just kind of there. Good but not great. I have the same problem with Urban for the role. This Batman is going to have to spin off into a whole new trilogy, that's going to be held up to the standard of Nolan's.
Id like to know what films you've seen him in.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:06 AM   #96
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Id like to know what films you've seen him in.
I was thinking the same thing.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #97
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Urban would be a terrible Batman. And I love the guy.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:18 AM   #98
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
Spartacus looks terrible from the trailer i saw. Like a crap rip off version of Snyder 300 with cheesy acting. Does he have any other work to judge off of?
The idea of some random guy from a cheesy Starz T.V series playing Batman scares the hell out of me. I don't have a problem with a T.V actor playing Batman at all but is that dude just being brought up because he looks good naked?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:28 AM   #99
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Well that is 30% of the role right there.

Anyway, I honestly think Bomer or Manganiello types are more likely, but who knows who Snyder has in mind now. Jake Gyllenhaal may actually get it since it was between him and Bale last time.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:30 AM   #100
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Bomer and Mangianello are 2 completely different types of guys, though.

Closed Thread