World's Finest 49 36.84%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #101
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Age of Ultron or World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
This is a movie, not the book. Batman will not just be a part of the supporting cast in a Superman/Batman movie. He will be a co-star. You're thinking this will be MOS2 with Batman guest-starring when it will be Superman/Batman with Batman and Superman co-starring.
No my point was made to directly shut down the looming idea that just cause you have a big character in a film they will take it over. That's simply not how writing works imo.
Banner can steal a movie in one script and be entirely forgotten in his own movie the day.

As for what this movie will be, who knows. I just know it's a Superman sequel being made by people who are very much in the Superman business. At worst joker could show up in a batman movie and completely own him and make quotes about being the one man that beat him(kinda like in TDK). At the end of the day I will consider that a batman movie, especially if its' full of his supporting cast regulars.

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #102
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I'm curious if you mention of Thor two and not winter solider was as calculated as one must assume it was.The Captain America sequel is featuring half of the avengers cast.

Then again like all the other films that featured cast members, I suppose you can just chalk all that up to glorified cameos.
Granted Hawkeye really was a cameo, and I suppose someone could argue that Black Widow was a cameo in IM2 even though she affected the plot and resolution, then there is all the Sam Jacskson stuff but I digress. Marvel has been making solo films, sure.

cough, War Machine/Falcon/Bucky.

Call what WB is doing what ever you want. Just make sure you do the same for Marvel, they all want money. Only Marvel has been getting praised for such things for a good while now.
WF is a superman film featuring another hero, for you to suggest otherwise would be a step towards hypocrisy imo.

OH please.

TWS does not have "half of the Avengers". The characters in there are secondary, and Marvel has already done that sort of thing with Coulson.

The only hypocrisy is Geoff Johns trashing Marvel for doing the shared universe concept and then going out and copying them.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #103
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Half the Avengers cast apparently means 4-5 shield agents and the titular character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #104
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
OH please.

TWS does not have "half of the Avengers". The characters in there are secondary, and Marvel has already done that sort of thing with Coulson.

The only hypocrisy is Geoff Johns trashing Marvel for doing the shared universe concept and then going out and copying them.
Geoff Johns is running WB? who knew.

by half of the avengers I was implying that Fury/Widow/Hawkeye(thought he was in it) are avengers as well.
I was purposely ignoring Maria Hill and Falcon(an avenger in the books and cartoon).

My bad. The point is still valid, caps sequel has alot of superheros(all with big personalities), and it's still a cap movie. But that's very different from Superman's sequel. It's most certainly not a Superman movie.

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #105
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Actually TA was better received by the GA than MOS. That doesn't mean the GA would vote for TA2 though. I'm just saying it's not just comic book fans liking TA more.
It's pretty up in the air is all I will say. The poll on CBM has WF beating both Avengers and Ep7 and it's nothing but fan boys there, whiny fanboys.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #106
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

That website sucks.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #107
Project862006
Banned User

yeah i was never really big fan of avengers it has a basic script i like Whedon but people act like his avengers script should of been nominated for best screen play it has a simple premise and a generic plot with some nice witty dialogue

i like him but whedon never really pushes the envelope kind of safe in that way that works for Disney i guess i would honestly say avengers is more like avatar an entertaining blockbuster with a generic story it just does it well

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #108
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Box Office: Batman and Superman are the two biggest superheroes in the world, two of the most recognizable pop culture figures in pop culture history, so WF will make bank, no doubt about it, but TA:AOU is a sequel to the already extremely successful TA, and will be coming off Phase 2 of the MCU which will probably be successful(IM3 has been) AND all of TA's cast is returning which we can't say about Batman in WF. AOU gets the edge here, but we can't underestimate Batman and Superman as a selling point. WF will be closer than some expect. AGE OF ULTRON

Reviews: Most fans seemed to really love MoS, while critics were mixed. I think Snyder and Goyer understand Batman better than Superman, which may help them create a stronger overall film. Most fans loved TA and critics all seemed to enjoy it themselves. Joss Whedon and RDJ have a bit of a cult following and respect in the industry. AOU will probably win here too, though I personally think WF will do better with critics than MoS because, like I said, I think Snyder is much more comfortable with Batman and Supes will be developed enough to be more like the boy-scout many people expect. EDGE: Age Of Ultron

My personal anticipation: I'm looking forward to both tremendously. Batman is my favorite superhero and I loved MoS, so WF sounds great to me. Meanwhile, The Avengers: Age Of Ultron consists of my third, fourth and fifth favorite superheroes all in one film, one of my favorite villains and I simply loved the first film. I don't know which one I'll more and I honestly don't know which one I'm more excited about. EDGE: BOTH

Old 07-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #109
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
Box Office: Batman and Superman are the two biggest superheroes in the world,
Spiderman says hi.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #110
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
yeah i was never really big fan of avengers it has a basic script i like Whedon but people act like his avengers script should of been nominated for best screen play it has a simple premise and a generic plot with some nice witty dialogue

i like him but whedon never really pushes the envelope kind of safe in that way that works for Disney i guess i would honestly say avengers is more like avatar an entertaining blockbuster with a generic story it just does it well
It says a lot when Whedon's "basic script" gets more praise than a lot of "complex scripts" of other movies.

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #111
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
Spiderman says hi.
He did!

He's still more successful than Superman.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #112
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Spiderman says hi.
He won't be in Avengers 2 though.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #113
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
He won't be in Avengers 2 though.
True. Merely pointing out that Superman and Batman aren't necessarily the biggest heroes out there.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #114
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
It says a lot when Whedon's "basic script" gets more praise than a lot of "complex scripts" of other movies.
it's just a matter of opinion i prefer tdkr and mos over avengers personally

avengers script is fine just generic some people just feel he accomplishes his basic premise better than the more complex scripts due for thiers

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #115
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

TASM 2 will outgross both.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #116
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
He did!

He's still more successful than Superman.
Does SM 1-3/ASM BO add up to more than Superman 1-4/SR/MoS?

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #117
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Spider-Man, Batman, and Superman are roughly around the same level. There is no point comparing their success since there is not too vast of a difference between them.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #118
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Spiderman says hi.
He's not in The Avengers, so my point still stands. No one in The Avengers is near the level of Batman or Superman.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #119
Namor!
The Submariner!!!

Quote:
He's not in The Avengers, so my point still stands. No one in The Avengers is near the level of Batman or Superman.
I agree. Iron Man is sneaking up on those two though.

Namor! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #120
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namor! View Post
I agree. Iron Man is sneaking up on those two though.
I don't think we can say that until after RDJ retires. Right now, RDJ's Iron Man is beloved, but Iron Man comics still aren't selling anything near Batman, Spiderman, and Superman numbers, nor does he have the titles they do. Batman, Spiderman and Superman have all managed to stay relatively relevant in pop culture for 50+ years. Iron Man became big outside of comic book fans in 2008 and again, it seems like its mostly due to the actor. If when someone else takes the mantel as Iron Man, he's just as popular or more popular than now, then we can start saying that. Right now, its not entirely clear if the GA is enamored by RDJ playing Iron Man, or enamored by Iron Man.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #121
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think we can say that until after RDJ retires. Right now, RDJ's Iron Man is beloved, but Iron Man comics still aren't selling anything near Batman, Spiderman, and Superman numbers, nor does he have the titles they do. Batman, Spiderman and Superman have all managed to stay relatively relevant in pop culture for 50+ years. Iron Man became big outside of comic book fans in 2008 and again, it seems like its mostly due to the actor. If when someone else takes the mantel as Iron Man, he's just as popular or more popular than now, then we can start saying that. Right now, its not entirely clear if the GA is enamored by RDJ playing Iron Man, or enamored by Iron Man.
But....RDJ IS Iron Man.

Quote:
Old 07-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #122
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Does SM 1-3/ASM BO add up to more than Superman 1-4/SR/MoS?
Yes

Domestic (Not-adjusted)
Superman - $803,117,033
Spider-Man - $1,375,853,166

Domestic (Adjusted)
Superman - $1,500,400,700
Spider-Man - $1,731,860,600

Worldwide
Superman - $1,326.3 (Superman II, III and IV not counted)
Spider-Man - $3,248.6

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #123
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes

Domestic (Not-adjusted)
Superman - $803,117,033

Domestic (Adjusted)

Worldwide
Spider-Man - $3,248.6
Soooo.....Spidey wins.

Quote:
Old 07-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #124
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Yes

Domestic (Not-adjusted)
Superman - $803,117,033

Domestic (Adjusted)

Worldwide
Spider-Man - $3,248.6
Batman Begins - 374m
TDK - 1.04b
TDKR - 1.08b

Total - 2.49b

Spider-Man - 821m
Spider-Man 2 - 783m
Spider-Man 3 - 890m

Total - 2.49b

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #125
divan
Side-Kick

Why not both? Why does everything have to be turned into a competition nowadays? I'll enjoy the hell out of both movies when they come out, thank you.

divan is offline   Reply With Quote