The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: How do you think Man of Steel will do?
1.5 billion 11 5.85%
1 billion 27 14.36%
900 million 13 6.91%
800 million 35 18.62%
700 million 41 21.81%
600 million 29 15.43%
500 million 18 9.57%
400 million 8 4.26%
300 million 2 1.06%
200 million 4 2.13%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #101
Skrilla31
Side-Kick
 
Skrilla31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 819
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Pubilically but insiders have said they wanted more like 800 million.
And had it made over 800 million, I can assure you they wouldn't be writing Batman into the sequel.

Skrilla31 is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #102
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,179
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

once the DvD hits it will push its earnings over 800 million.
thats was the deciding factor in BB getting its sequel, the huge DvD sales.

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne


GreenKToo is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #103
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,548
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
And had it made over 800 million, I can assure you they wouldn't be writing Batman into the sequel.
Of course they would. WB is ready to start their new DC universe, no matter how rushed it is.
And remember the entire public loves Batman and hates Superman doe

__________________
ConnorFilm
Letterboxd
ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #104
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,179
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
And had it made over 800 million, I can assure you they wouldn't be writing Batman into the sequel.
I dont know. I think they would have anyway. they are he11 bent on making a JL film and desperatly want to introduce the new Batman before then.
A solo batman film may be too risky, so I figure they decided long ago to put him in MoS 2 ''IF' MoS was a success, and it was/is..

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne


GreenKToo is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #105
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,179
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
To be honest so do I but with it been WBs I can't help but worry. I just get frustrated thinking about this wealth of characters they've done nothing with, it amazes me.

Btw agree with what u said on budgets seems these movie studios just throw their money away. Look at Dredd, made for very little but a good film, shame it made little mind although that was due to not spending any money on marketing so I guess there is the flip side lol
IMVHO, the problem is WB makes all types of other films as well, sci fi, westerns, dramas, etc etc, while marvel makes just CB films.
DC needs their own studio backed by WB ( since they own them ) and put someone very capable in charge. they would then need to stay out of the way.
It will never happen tho. it is what it is.

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne


GreenKToo is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #106
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14,214
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

I thought MoS would make at least more than ASM.
ASM was coming off the back of SM 3, MoS was coming off the back of SR.
You tell me which movie had the higher mountain to climb.

spider-neil is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #107
JangoNate
Side-Kick
 
JangoNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 573
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

I still feel Batman was planned to be a part of this film a lot longer than people think. I'm getting a feeling it was the goal all along if MOS was a success...which it is.

JangoNate is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #108
JangoNate
Side-Kick
 
JangoNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 573
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I thought MoS would make at least more than ASM.
ASM was coming off the back of SM 3, MoS was coming off the back of SR.
You tell me which movie had the higher mountain to climb.
My opinion...MOS off of SR. Though SM 3 was a mess of characters and a little too much crying, I can still enjoy it from time to time because of the action. SR is just boring and boring's not a quality for a summer blockbuster.

JangoNate is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #109
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,548
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I thought MoS would make at least more than ASM.
ASM was coming off the back of SM 3, MoS was coming off the back of SR.
You tell me which movie had the higher mountain to climb.
Man of Steel had the higher mountain to climb.
I enjoyed Spider-Man 3 more than I enjoyed Superman Returns and I think the general public would agree with me.
The superman film series was in worse wear than Spidey was before they got reboots.

__________________
ConnorFilm
Letterboxd
ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #110
Sup3rman81
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 551
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I don't think a MoS 2 sans Batman is a guaranteed billion and WB was convinced it wasn't.
Mos2 without batman would have still made 1B at least. New Lex and a villain we never seen on screen would have been huge

Sup3rman81 is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #111
Sup3rman81
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 551
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
And had it made over 800 million, I can assure you they wouldn't be writing Batman into the sequel.
800m WW for a reboot?? It should at least get to 700m WW. I swear WB is so arrogant. Marvel would have been overly pleased with how MOS has done. I really hate WB to be honest and I wish DC would get bought out by another company

Sup3rman81 is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #112
Sup3rman81
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 551
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Of course they would. WB is ready to start their new DC universe, no matter how rushed it is.
And remember the entire public loves Batman and hates Superman doe
You must be joking! Batman is very popular and he relates better to some but Superman isn't hated

Sup3rman81 is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #113
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,548
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rman81 View Post
You must be joking! Batman is very popular and he relates better to some but Superman isn't hated

__________________
ConnorFilm
Letterboxd
ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #114
Sup3rman81
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 551
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
All I was saying was I've read or heard from Jett of BOF and Sean Gerber of MMM that WBs were hoping for abit closer to a billion (like 800-850 mill). But that was just unrealstic in my eyes especially as it wasn't released in the greatest of slots and its a reboot after a not well receieved previous film.
WB is run by some damn fools! Jor El was right! MoS with Japan should come close to 700m WW. Maybe had WB scheduled MOS better they would be getting their 800m. I never thought I would hear a studio ***** about only making 700m. SR made better than some Marvel movies and got canned. DC needs its own movie studio bad

Sup3rman81 is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #115
Sup3rman81
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 551
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post

635+ million for a hated figure. I would take that any day

Sup3rman81 is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #116
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,892
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

WB expected this film to perform as well as all other successful reboots/launches do with popular characters. I think that's the safest assumption(and it's all assumptions make no mistake), anyone can make with any shred of certainty.

Anything think they hit that mark?
competition abound....

__________________
Stephen Lang for Cable, the most obvious casting in cbm history.
Marvin is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #117
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,548
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rman81 View Post
635+ million for a hated figure. I would take that any day
Nope 635 million is a flop. Man of Steel had to make a billion. It's obviously why Warner brothers is throwing Batman into the sequel ! Duh silly

__________________
ConnorFilm
Letterboxd
ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #118
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,321
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

MOS just passed X-Men: Last Stand in terms of tickets sold. Next up, passing The Love Bug.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #119
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14,214
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JangoNate View Post
My opinion...MOS off of SR. Though SM 3 was a mess of characters and a little too much crying, I can still enjoy it from time to time because of the action. SR is just boring and boring's not a quality for a summer blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Man of Steel had the higher mountain to climb.
I enjoyed Spider-Man 3 more than I enjoyed Superman Returns and I think the general public would agree with me.
The superman film series was in worse wear than Spidey was before they got reboots.
You guys surprise me.
SR has 75% on RT and and a user rating of 63%,
SM 3 has 63% on RT and a user rating of 53%

SR was better recieved than SM 3, therefore you can argue the general audience would be more willing to give MoS a chance than ASM. ASM had to mend a lot of bridges after SM 3 destroyed those bridges.

spider-neil is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #120
Superchan
Side-Kick
 
Superchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: new zealand
Posts: 1,684
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
No you are wrong.
The general public hated Superman Returns and it failed at the box office.
Critics and according to people on here, the general public hated Man of Steel. It only made money cause of Nolan's name.
The entire public thinks Superman is a lame and boring character doe
Are you serious or you just trolling? Do you speak for the general public? do you know everyone on the planet and know for a fact that they ALL hate superman?
And LOL to "it made 600+ because of nolan" statement! seriously I haven't laughed like this for a long time. I guess if Nolan's name is that popular then batman begins and the prestige would've made 600 million +

Quote:
I thought MoS would make at least more than ASM.
ASM was coming off the back of SM 3, MoS was coming off the back of SR.
You tell me which movie had the higher mountain to climb
Why would you think that? ofcourse MOS had the higher mountain to climb simply due to the fact that the spidey franchise was established int he international market while the superman franchise was stalled internationally (thanks to the craptacular SR), to expect a movie coming off the heels of a stagnant franchise to make "ateast as much as ASM" is totally unrealistic.

Quote:
And had it made over 800 million, I can assure you they wouldn't be writing Batman into the sequel
Don't agree, the reason batman is in the sequel is because neither superman nor a rebooted batman would stand a chance in hell of going into the ring with heavy weights like avengers 2 or star wars, WB know this all too well and need their 2 biggest characters together if they are to compete in a very congested 2015 summer.

Superchan is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #121
Sup3rman81
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 551
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Nope 635 million is a flop. Man of Steel had to make a billion. It's obviously why Warner brothers is throwing Batman into the sequel ! Duh silly
The way WB is acting you might be right. I hate WB though. Marvel getting bought by Disney was the best thing it could do. Marvel doesn't fold because a movie doesn't reach 1B. DC needs its own studio or WB needs to shop DC around to a new buyer.

Sup3rman81 is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #122
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,548
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
You guys surprise me.
SR has 75% on RT and and a user rating of 63%,
SM 3 has 63% on RT and a user rating of 53%

SR was better recieved than SM 3, therefore you can argue the general audience would be more willing to give MoS a chance than ASM. ASM had to mend a lot of bridges after SM 3 destroyed those bridges.
All I'm saying is I think the general public was more entertained with Spidey 3 than Returns. I don't think the public hated Returns but they def were bored with it.
I stick with my original post saying Superman was in a worse place compared to Spider-Man.
Dear god the fact that Ang Lee's hulk and Spider-man 3 have higher RT scores than MOS *RAGE QUIT*

__________________
ConnorFilm
Letterboxd
ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #123
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,321
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Using inflation and going backwards, MOS would have made around 235 mill back in 2006.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #124
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd
 
ConnorKon-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,548
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
Are you serious or you just trolling? Do you speak for the general public? do you know everyone on the planet and know for a fact that they ALL hate superman?
And LOL to "it made 600+ because of nolan" statement! seriously I haven't laughed like this for a long time. I guess if Nolan's name is that popular then batman begins and the prestige would've made 600 million +



Why would you think that? ofcourse MOS had the higher mountain to climb simply due to the fact that the spidey franchise was established int he international market while the superman franchise was stalled internationally (thanks to the craptacular SR), to expect a movie coming off the heels of a stagnant franchise to make "ateast as much as ASM" is totally unrealistic.



Don't agree, the reason batman is in the sequel is because neither superman nor a rebooted batman would stand a chance in hell of going into the ring with heavy weights like avengers 2 or star wars, WB know this all too well and need their 2 biggest characters together if they are to compete in a very congested 2015 summer.
It's a mystery.

__________________
ConnorFilm
Letterboxd
ConnorKon-El is offline  
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #125
Skrilla31
Side-Kick
 
Skrilla31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 819
Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rman81 View Post
800m WW for a reboot?? It should at least get to 700m WW. I swear WB is so arrogant. Marvel would have been overly pleased with how MOS has done. I really hate WB to be honest and I wish DC would get bought out by another company
What makes you think that WB made money hand over fist just because the final gross came out to 635 million? We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. It's not about gross, it's about profit.

The studio didn't just spend a lot of money making the film, they also probably spent a s*** ton of money marketing the film. I guess when you invest a certain amount of money, you expect a certain worthwhile return. You green light this huge budget, you pay all these big name actors, you go full force on the marketing... maybe WB just didn't feel the juice was worth the squeeze. With all the money they pumped into this thing, they probably expected more.

You're right, if a movie like Thor grossed 600 million it would have been considered a colossal achievement because it was probably done on 60% of the budget and they probably didn't spend nearly the same amount of energy marketing the movie as WB did with Man Of Steel.

Skrilla31 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.