The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #751
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
I agree with some of the angry people, Thor getting his hand chopped off, even if it grows back by some magic power, is unacceptable! Would superman get his hand chopped off, or Hulk?! Thor shouldn't even be in a position to get his hand chopped off, and their are very few weapons that are capable of such a feat.

What I've come to realize is that their are fans who know Thor from cartoons, and movies, and their are fans who actually read Thor comics. Anyone who has read Thor comics for a length of time, can attest to the fact that Thor has become increasingly weaker. He lost his runes powers, Odin Force, lost his throne as king of Asgard, then his hammer broke and he is connected to his hammer through Thor force, meaning if his hammer breaks on Hulks head, he will die too. And then when you watch animated shows, he spends most of the time getting K'Od by Hulk, or whatever enemy their facing. I watch the 4th episode of the new Avenger Assemble show(spoiler alert), and the episode is about Thor and the avengers facing the world serpent(the same serpent that rapped around the earth twice, that Thor lifted single handed, widely considered one of his greatest shows of strength) was basically wiping the floor with Avengers, until Hulk who had been knocked silly comes up and punches the city big serpent flying into a warm hole Thor and Iron Man created. I'm like wow, Hulk has his own new show, and here he is being the star of this one as well. It was the perfect opportunity for Thor to display his powers, and he spends the entire show talking about how he needs to be eaten by the monster because that's his destiny. So yes the thought of someone cutting off his hand, is just the final straw. If Marvel came out and said, hey we want to de-power Thor into a more, Colossus, or Thing level, it would make sense, but don't just slowly reduce him to a level where he has his hand can be cut off. The guy is suppose to be able to withstand a nuke to the face, or the pressure of a black hole, how much do you want to bet it wont be explain how this weapon is this powerful to be able to cut his hands off.

K...I'm done ranting...has anyone actually seen the trailer?
I don't know if you know this or not but... this isn't the comics dude. And you shouldn't expect it to be.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 07-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #752
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

In Iron Man Three it has been established with Extremis that body extremities can grow back.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #753
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
He might as well have done this if they are permanently removing
his arm/hand which some people seem to think they will do.

Loki: "I take from you, your hand, and cast it out!"
Then we see it get flushed down the toilet only to
fall upon Midgard and hit Ultron in the face thus creating a short-circut.
Then it will be there until Thor gets it back but at what cost?
Ultron starts living again and then they can do A2, a good way to connect the movies
and save Thorīs hand.
please tell me you aren't serious lol

Old 07-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #754
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I don't know if you know this or not but... this isn't the comics dude. And you shouldn't expect it to be.
Again mkilban lol I tell you this so often, you DO have to understand the perspective of comic book fan, you aren't much of a reader, so it's not nearly as easy for you to see it from our perspective. While I do agree about this guy with you, I have to say in an unrelated comment, these films are the closest things a reader gets to real life versions of the characters they love reading about. If they get brought to the big screen, there IS a desire and a hunger for it to be as close to the source material as possible. I'm not throwing any digs, but until you start reading comics, you really can't understand or expect a reader to simply be okay with the difference, it's a wee bit ignorant dude.

But I know you mean well, you're one of the most legit posters here....as for that other guy you quoted...he's a lost cause, so don't even waste your time lol

Old 07-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #755
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
please tell me you aren't serious lol
Pretty sure I wasnīt serious lol?

But the hand will not be chopped or if itīs chopped off he will get it back. There will also be a good reason for this illusion or temporary sacrifice.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #756
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Destroyer arm or nothing!!!
I'll be honest, that sounds awesome. I love how it looks in God of Thunder and seeing it on the big screen would be awesome!

Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #757
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Zachary Levi Talks 'Thor 2,' 'GoT' Obsession

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 07-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #758
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^I had no idea he was involved in Thor 2

Old 07-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #759
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Yeah, the interesting thing is, Zach was apparently their original choice for Fandral for the first Thor movie but he couldn't due to his commitment to Chuck, so they went with Josh Dallas. Then, when Josh couldn't do TDW due to his commitment to Once Upon a Time they were able to get Zach for the part that they had originally wanted him for.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 07-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #760
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Pretty sure I wasnīt serious lol?

But the hand will not be chopped or if itīs chopped off he will get it back. There will also be a good reason for this illusion or temporary sacrifice.
GOOD. Or it's a prophecy or something?

Right? Maybe with it being linked to a possible Ragnarok story, we get prophecies, and maybe this happens in say...idk someone's vision of the future?

Quote:

Fandral

Old 07-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #761
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Again mkilban lol I tell you this so often, you DO have to understand the perspective of comic book fan, you aren't much of a reader, so it's not nearly as easy for you to see it from our perspective. While I do agree about this guy with you, I have to say in an unrelated comment, these films are the closest things a reader gets to real life versions of the characters they love reading about. If they get brought to the big screen, there IS a desire and a hunger for it to be as close to the source material as possible. I'm not throwing any digs, but until you start reading comics, you really can't understand or expect a reader to simply be okay with the difference, it's a wee bit ignorant dude.

But I know you mean well, you're one of the most legit posters here....as for that other guy you quoted...he's a lost cause, so don't even waste your time lol
Yeah I take the fact that most here are big time comic readers into consideration when I post and i respect their stances fully, but from time to time I just see something that irks me in a posters complaints lol. I think its fair to so that marvel has done a more than stellar job adapting these characters as closely as possible and making them work very well. Some people sometimes want too much, if Thor was to show his comic strengths like lifting the Midgard Serpant in a film. . Then what's really left? Just throw him into battle from now on and everyone else can go take lunch.

I do wanna see characters do more and come as close to their comic counterparts as possible, but in moderation.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #762
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Don't know if this has been posted here yet: it's another recap of the Dark World Comic Con footage:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-...alaxy-and-more

According to this writer, the footage shows Thor and Loki fighting each other in front of Malekith--and Loki is winning the fight!--before the, um, hand thing. Eek!

Last edited by LadyGeek; 07-23-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 07-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #763
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Don't know if this has been posted here yet: it's another recap of the Dark World Comic Con footage:

According to this writer, the footage shows Thor and Loki fighting each other in front of Malekith--and Loki winning the fight!--before the, um, hand thing. Eek!
As I am new to this particular discussion regarding Thor's hand I will give my initial impression as to what I think is going on. I am limited in my knowledge of the details. Here goes. Loki and Thor are working in concert and it is Loki's magic that gives the illusion that Thor has lost his hand in their combat. This is to fool whoever it is they are fighting in front of.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #764
divan
Side-Kick

Quote:

According to this writer, the footage shows Thor and Loki fighting each other in front of Malekith--and Loki winning the fight!--before the, um, hand thing. Eek!
Loki fighting Thor and winning?! They better have a good explanation for this.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #765
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
As I am new to this particular discussion regarding Thor's hand I will give my initial impression as to what I think is going on. I am limited in my knowledge of the details. Here goes. Loki and Thor are working in concert and it is Loki's magic that gives the illusion that Thor has lost his hand in their combat. This is to fool whoever it is they are fighting in front of.
That would be really cool for lokis character actually. But then of course he's off scheming something in the background

Old 07-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #766
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
That would be really cool for lokis character actually. But then of course he's off scheming something in the background
It wouldn't be Loki if he wasn't.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #767
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
Winning was my word, not the writer's.
But the writer's description clearly describes Loki as having the upper hand (no pun intended!).

Must be more going on in this scene than what meets the eye.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #768
warriorking
Side-Kick

Release the trailer already!!!!!!
Has anyone heard anything about the trailers attached to Wolverine, I thought they released the list in advance..

Old 07-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #769
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:

According to this writer, the footage shows Thor and Loki fighting each other in front of Malekith--and Loki is winning the fight!--before the, um, hand thing. Eek!
I don't understand how all of these witness accounts to the trailer can be so different. It was shown one time and one time only. Unless some people have the most ridiculous memories, some of these accounts must be fake. Or written for the purpose of throwing everyone off.

Or maybe the footage has been leaked somewhere and it's been found by a few people who then analyze and "report" on it. Either way, I'm not going to believe anything until I see the footage for myself.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #770
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Yeah, I'm not sure I believe that one. If there was footage of Thor and Loki fighting, there would be more people blogging, tweeting about it. I'm sure they'll fight at some point, but I think this person took descriptions of the trailer and inserted his own stuff in there.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #771
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well, I'm not going with most of it, but the general thing at the end seems to all agree that Loki cuts off Thor's hand. I tend to think that the one guy that noiced Thor's hand was wrinkely makes me think it was infected with probably Darl elf magik's
I guess we'll have to wait until D23 to be sure

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #772
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

ALMOST done

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #773
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
Now I am thinking the whole hand thing is an illusion. Loki and Thor are playing Malekith. Heck, Thor might not even be in on it.

Or perhaps Thor is under Malekith's control and Loki cuts off his hand because that is the infected bit controlling Thor.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #774
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Now I am thinking the whole hand thing is an illusion. Loki and Thor are playing Malekith. Heck, Thor might not even be in on it.

Or perhaps Thor is under Malekith's control and Loki cuts off his hand because that is the infected bit controlling Thor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Yes I agree

Old 07-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #775
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

I Didn't see marcvader's post. Yeah, I really agree with his line of thought.