The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 07-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #751
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Iceman has a beard, we know that already. Ellen Page looks like she hasn't aged a days since X3. Beast looks much better than in FC (more like Grammer's Beast). And Anna is always hot.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #752
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

I was working on a new Anna as Rogue manip, but guess I'll switch to using a GIJoe base pic to fit in better with the official headshots.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #753
Angamb
Banned User

so should we believe that wolfsbane is in the movie then?

Ive seen a few sites mentioning her already

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #754
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

Were have you heard that, I think its cool their introduce these characters for the XForce spinoff

BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #755
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think those sites are just taking their lead from the first person who mentioned it. There are less than 10 firsthand accounts of seeing the trailer from what I've tracked down. And I didn't see any of the others mentioning her.

xDOFPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #756
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Were have you heard that, I think its cool their introduce these characters for the XForce spinoff
I dont remember now, since Ive read many articles

but I guess we should wait for trailer release to find it out

Old 07-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #757
kasjan
Side-Kick

Did anybody see girl transforming in wolf, or maybe it was Mystique?
But yes, would be good to see another member cameo of future X-Force.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #758
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:

I dont remember now, since Ive read many articles

but I guess we should wait for trailer release to find it out
Lol ok when do you think they will release an official trailer for the rest of the world to see?

Old 07-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #759
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

The only time I've seen anything about Wolfsbane was the one tweet from the previous night, and no one else. I doubt she's in.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #760
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Lol ok when do you think they will release an official trailer for the rest of the world to see?
I think some weeks later, more than likely on August.

Next week would be perfect timing, but I think maybe the want to improve some effects and that would take them some more weeks.

What I expect is a teaser poster really soon, I was really expecting it for comic con, like most other studios have done all these years, but in any case... hopefully next week!

Old 07-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #761
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
I think some weeks later, more than likely on August.

Next week would be perfect timing, but I think maybe the want to improve some effects and that would take them some more weeks.

What I expect is a teaser poster really soon, I was really expecting it for comic con, like most other studios have done all these years, but in any case... hopefully next week!
I was hoping for the complete roster or such to have the cast pics revelaed like with Prof X and Bishop. i thought that would be awesome. Im so excited but Im trying to be patient.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #762
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, I expected something more too, the full panel with promo pics would haven been cool, at least to have a screencap from fans, to have us even more hyped, lol.

But Fox obvious wants to drop stuff a bit more slowly during the next weeks, to keep the momentum, so its very understandable.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #763
icekid
Side-Kick

We probably won't see any public promotional material until the Hobbit this fall. May releases tend to use December tentpole movies to launch their promotional campaign. Like how Star Trek always has some type of 10 minute Imax preview and X3 had it's first trailer with King Kong. The Hobbit is would make the most sense.

icekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #764
Angamb
Banned User

both Avengers and Man of steel had the teaser trailers released close to comic con panels.

So I highly doubt Fox will wait many months to release DOFP teaser. December is fine for full trailer, but a teaser this or next month would be a smart move.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #765
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

I think the teaser trailer is closer than we may possibly imagine, my friends.

Remember, the audiences at Comic Con already saw a trailer. The studio has traditionally in the past used that footage to build into an official trailer for release to the public shortly thereafter. They clearly have enough now to drop something of substance soon.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #766
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

We do know we're getting a tease in The Wolverine's end-credits scene, so that's what we're getting this week. (and no, I don't know specifics...but if you do, USE SPOILER TAGS!!!!)

As for a full teaser/trailer? Hard to tell. The Man of Steel teaser that premiered with TDKR right after Comic-Con was this, which was just a fraction of what was shown at Comic-Con. We didn't get a proper trailer until the fall, which seems more likely for DOFP at this point.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #767
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I agree with you LS. Coming out of Comic-Con, this movie has way too much momentum to just let it drop like that.

I think they'll release the Comic-Con footage within the next few weeks or month(s) here. They'd be stupid not to.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #768
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope the footage that was shown in Comic-con is attached to The Wolverine.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #769
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
not even trying to be rude, but does anyone else find most of the newcomers names just impossibly absurd? Boo Boo Stewart, Fan Bingbing Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy

It's like a friggin circus act.
So I guess Broseph44 would rather me post this here. Not sure why, mightve been simpler just to ignore me. But whatever makes him happy.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #770
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I hope the footage that was shown in Comic-con is attached to The Wolverine.
Fox should know that they are not getting the casual fans into the seats for the Wolverine without some kind of ploy or tease. There are a bunch of fanboys that aren't huge Wolverine nuts that will pass on that film this week, and you can easily get that added business by attaching something big during the post-credits. Ultimately, it's a small portion of people. VERY small. So if they are not comfortable with the footage they have already shown to the fans, or feel there is more work to be done, then we won't be getting a teaser shortly, and I can understand that.

So what is the next major Fox release, or release in general, that a teaser could possibly be attached too?

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #771
DOFP
Side-Kick

^^ For example: Me. I'm not a big fan of Wolverine, but to see DOFP credit scene. Count Me In.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #772
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I hope Singer is keeping Cyclops under wraps because I'd love to see him return in DOFP. This movie is a recon of X3 (or so I hope), and Scott's "death" in X3 is just one of the many things I hate about that movie.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #773
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
So what is the next major Fox release, or release in general, that a teaser could possibly be attached too?
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 07-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #774
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

A DOFP teaser might be the only thing capable of getting people to see that movie.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #775
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yup! Wolverine with the X-Men sells more with Wolverine alone and X-Men without Wolverine.

They need each other to really get the attention of the mainstream viewers.

"'Nuff said" - SM3