The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Could a new Batman possibly beat "The Man of Steel" in a fight?
Yes, Batman has the resources to beat Superman. 52 35.37%
No, Batman wouldn't stand a chance agaisnt the current Man of Steel. 95 64.63%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #76
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman... can this be a fair physical fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And Thor IS a God, yet he has no exploitable weakness, just so you favorite human hero can beat him up. He simply has villains that are on his level. So does Superman. And when the Justice League gets introduced, you have a number of heroes that have the potential to defeat him.
Well, to be fair, Thor is nowhere near as powerful as Superman, nor does he have the variety of powers Superman has. This make things a bit difficult. A man in an armour could hold his own aganist Thor. He would be ended in 2 seconds by Superman.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #77
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Well, to be fair, Thor is nowhere near as powerful as Superman, nor does he have the variety of powers Superman has. This make things a bit difficult. A man in an armour could hold his own aganist Thor. He would be ended in 2 seconds by Superman.
If we are talking about the comics.

Quote:
Superhuman Strength: In addition to being the God of Thunder, Thor is also the Asgardian God of Strength, as such he is physically the strongest of the Asgardian gods and one of the most powerful beings in the Universe. His strength has been called unlimited. His feats include easily lifting over a millions tons without any effort, crumbling Uru into dust, defeating and overpowering superhumans as strong and powerful as the Silver Surfer, Namor, Juggernaut, Hercules, Hulk, the Red Hulk, the Sentry, and Gladiator in single combat, lifting the Midgard Serpent, who was large enough to coil around the Earth from head to tail multiple times over and crush it in its grip, overpowering cosmic entities when pressed in battle and physically destroying stars, planets, and moons with only his fists. Partly a feat of strentgh, Thor overcomes the gravity of a Neutron Star, which can reach up to about three times the mass of the sun. Thor also possesses a magical belt that doubles his natural strength. Thor is also capable of entering into a state of Berserker Rage known as Warrior's Madness, which will temporarily increase his strength and stamina tenfold but will only do so in desperate situations because it threatens his sanity.
If we are talking about the Movie, I think displays of power in the later part of the film made it clear that he was holding back against Iron Man. He fought the Hulk in the movie. The Hulk, who managed to take down one of the giant space monsters in one blow. And that was a Hulk that wasn't mad with rage, like on the Helicarrier. And later, when they check on Iron Man to see if he's ok, he rips off his mask like it's a piece of tissue.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #78
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I stand corrected on the intensity (although I'm still not sure if that makes him stroneger than Superman). Still, his superpower is uber-strength. What about the variety I talked about?

As for the movie, he would've died by the fall in that cell. Superman wouldn't have. That makes his invulnerability more... finite.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #79
Nathan

Quote:
As for the movie, he would've died by the fall in that cell. Superman wouldn't have. That makes his invulnerability more... finite.
We don't know if it would have killed him. But Thor wasn't sitting around to find out. Heck, we know bullets can't harm him, yet he still dodged out of the way when the Pilot shot Hulk. He's a warrior and he reacts.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #80
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Ah. I can undesrtand that.

Even so, I think kryptonite serves a purpose when used wisely. However, MoS did a good thing and introduced the whole "atmosphere" idea (based on the red sun conditions). I think it can be used to far greater effect than kryptonite. I always liked Superman plots that involved filtering the sun to get red rays on earth.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #81
Nathan

I prefer the Krypton Atmosphere over Kryptonite immensely. Coming up with a plan to get him into a chamber where Krypton's Atmosphere has been successfully recreated, and actually building that chamber, that's something that takes a lot of prep-time. And that would display Batman's smarts and level of preparedness a lot better. Way better than just having a glowing rock, that he has to shove into Superman's face. And when the Justice League gets introduced, his contingency plan B against Superman, should be the League itself. With Batman coordinating them. That was a great idea someone had around here.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #82
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I agree with all of this.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #83
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

There is no way for Batman to know how Kryptonian's atmosphere is like

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
Proud member of H.E
I still respect members of T.H.E.M, no bad feelings toward any of them.

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #84
Nathan

It's possible. There's enough Kryptonian Tech lying around. You have the damaged scout ship. The World Engine in the Indian Ocean. Star Labs or Lex Corp could be studying the wrecks. You could do something similar to 'Lex Luthor: Man of Steel'. Instead of Lex giving Bruce some Kryptonite though, he could share his findings with Bruce. And now we have Batman in possession of all the available Data, concerning Kryptonian technology and possible composition of Krypton's atmosphere.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #85
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

But Clark went there, and it didn't choke him, that should make him accustomed to Kryptonian atmosphere before entering Zod's ship
And didn't he get accustomed to it there? I don't think they changed the atmosphere in the ship chamber imprisonment Kal was in

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
Proud member of H.E
I still respect members of T.H.E.M, no bad feelings toward any of them.

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #86
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

They did, Jor-El and Lois changed it back to Earth conditions.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #87
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Quote:
See, posts in this thread worry me. No, not the posters. I'm worried that the new DC era is one of fan pandering. Batman physically going against Superman, Superman being mind-controlled in JL... and Snyder/Goyer are both yes-men when it comes to fans. I don't like where all this is heading.
I want to make this clear: I don't think Superman needs to be mind-controlled for a fight to happen. I just think that one or both of them being compromised, either emotionally or mentally in some way, is a better way to handle it than Marvel-style disfunctionalism. Both heroes are more emotionally mature than Tony Stark and at least in the MOS universe are already well aware of potential backlash to their actions.

A compromised Batman or Superman allows for more aggression and hotheaded actions on their parts. Now, it could be Bruce who's been compromised; a little paranoia increase or low level brain control could justify a nastier Batman. They could incorporate both Miller's monologue about being the only man to beat Superman with Loeb's idea of Batman not being as good a person as Superman underneath everything.

If they're going to fight without any kind of compromising of the heroes, then I want a slow burn and a clear objective beyond them defeating the other. Maybe Batman wants to destroy Brainiac or something while Superman wants to subdue him. Something where the fight can end with both still standing.

Of course, I don't need the to fight at all. It's just been implied they will by the announcement.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #88
dmc
Side-Kick

I'd like it if Batman had some kinda gadget that creates a temporary kryptonian atmosphere around Superman and that allows Batman to beat on him a little bit until he figures some way out of it. Yeah I know this would probably raise too many questions, but something like this would be cool. Not a huge fan of kryptonite.

dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #89
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage24 View Post
Everyone wanted the detective and super smart Batman and I think that's the one we will get. Batman will find a way to be equal to Supes. Judging by the excerpt read out at comic con from TDKR, I think it will involve krpytonite and some sort of exo-suit.
My issue with Batman is that the writers try to make him seem invincible. He has no powers, so he highly depends on his detective skills to fight crime. However, there is a point where he might as well have super powers. Suddenly he is able to fight Superman? I want to see a weakened Batman who is vulnerable and is getting beaten down. I hate the excuse fans give to explain what Batman can do. For example:

Q: How did Batman get from Bane's prison all the way back to Gotham in TDKR?
A: Um... HE'S BATMAN!
Q: You didn't answer my question.
A: It doesn't matter, because... HE'S BATMAN!
Q: And are we really supposed to believe that he is the only one, excluding a child, that could climb out of the prison?
A: Yes. Because he is BATMAN!

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #90
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I liked what they'd on the Smallville comic

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #91
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I liked what they'd on the Smallville comic

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

That's pretty cool.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #92
Bren
Forevernoob

without a Superman weakening tool like kryptonite, Batman cannot win a physical fight against Superman unless they portray Superman as a very stupid man who doesn't want to win. Even then Batman would not 'win'.

For all his training, Batman can't hit Superman, who dodged rounds from an A10, which travel much faster than any human punch or kick.

And no miracle super powered super invulnerable suit will help because Batman
a) won't be any faster than an albeit highly trained human brain will allow. which isn't fast enough.

Look at how fast Superman accelerates when he intended to move fast. The human body could not handle those g forces. So a punch with just enough effort to knock Batman (who as a human being could not react fast enough to dodge) back at a fast enough speed that he would faint in the same way a pilot could when they pull too high g forces. hell, Superman could just grab him and take off at a sufficient speed for g forces to be sufficiently high to knock Batman out.

No mention of killing or burning Batman.

Using kryptonite or weakening tool, maybe yes as a first encounter. and never again, unless Superman is again treated as one of the dumbest creatures going around.

Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #93
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
That's pretty cool.
Yeah I was really happy with how they handed it

Old 07-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #94
Nathan

Is that Batman's regular suit in the Smallville comics? Minus the red light of course, when he's not fighting Superman.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #95
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Is that Batman's regular suit in the Smallville comics? Minus the red light of course, when he's not fighting Superman.
Yeah looks like this

Not the greatest but its that way for certain reasons that I think are explained on the story. He also paints his face black.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #96
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Bats has no chance without kryptonite... But for me should be a team-up

Old 07-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #97
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
Bats has no chance without kryptonite... But for me should be a team-up
Well he could keep pace with gadgets, the car and so on but I think he needs Green K. I just don't want any if that **** in the Dark Knight Returns where Bats is pretty much kicking his ass toe to toe. It does make me laugh how people say Bats beat Superman in that though cause he clearly didn't, it was Batman, Robin and Green Arrow, gadgets, the tank, combined with Supes been weak from the EMP device and of course the Kryptonite.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #98
Nathan

And after all that, he was still holding back. Even in his weakened state, before the Kryptonite, he could have killed Batman if he wanted to. If Superman would ever truly go rogue, I doubt any of Batman's plans would actually work. Having a Plan is one thing. Executing it successfully is another. Unless the plan is called the rest of the Justice League.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #99
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
And after all that, he was still holding back. Even in his weakened state, before the Kryptonite, he could have killed Batman if he wanted to. If Superman would ever truly go rogue, I doubt any of Batman's plans would actually work. Having a Plan is one thing. Executing it successfully is another. Unless the plan is called the rest of the Justice League.
Yeah that's true too, cause he's more concerned about Bruce's hear. This is one reason I've never been totally in love with the way Batman is written in the Dark Knight Returns, he's just all about his ego and to quote Lois in MOS "measuring *****" that he just came across as unlikeable to me. That's also another reason I preferred the animated films to the book, the removal of the inner monologues made not only Bruce but even Clark come across better.

Also if Suoerman had been willing to cross that line he'd have basted Bruce with his heat vision right at the moment they make the appointment in crime alley but he's just wholly a better a person.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #100
Disciple of Syn
Side-Kick

I don't know about this fight, man.....Superman is not going to do anything that might permanently injure Batman, so I don't think he'd even use 1/4th of what he's capable of if he were to physically confront the guy. The reasons why Batman can conceivably beat Superman is due to psychology more than anything else, as the guy counts on Superman always restraining himself to get the upper-hand. And you know what? I have the feeling Superman's restraint is gonna be a major issue in the film, because not once does Superman use his powers to subdue an antagonistic human being. Those guys who bully the hell out of him? He doesn't even attempt to knock them out by tapping them on the head, knowing full well that'd be enough to finish any fight with a normal human being.

Batman could represent the ultimate challenge for Superman's restraint when (not IF because the powers that be are not gonna pass up a fight between the two...)they cross paths. And Batman's not gonna physically confront Superman unless he has some kind of equalizer, whether that's kryptonite, red-sun radiation...something. I mean sure, this scenario can, and probably should be a "Luthor: Man Of Steel" scenario where Batman is being dominated by the guy left and right, but when Man Of Steel has made it a point throughout the whole film how Superman holds back like it's an automatic, natural reaction for him against human beings, I think this new Batman actually has more of an advantage for beating Superman in a physical confrontation than most people might think.

Disciple of Syn is offline   Reply With Quote