The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 07-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #401
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Yeah as I said earlier in the thread, the U.K. press could potentially just be weighing down the RT% for you watchers out there.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #402
zipzip
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...-the-wolverine (positive review)

zipzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #403
Crosswind Ghost
Side-Kick

Expect a few tumbles. Over the next 24 hours, more than a hundred reviews will be coming in.

Crosswind Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #404
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That review actully has postive things to say about viper.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #405
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
That review actully has postive things to say about viper.
because she friggin awesome!

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #406
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishercat View Post
Wow, I love that it's ratcheting up now (76%!) as some of the more mainstream (non-UK, LOL) review sites start to chime in in. Hoping the trend continues. And the wait to see it is killing me.
The UK still doesnt fully understand comic books and comic book history. Its just not part of our culture and upbringing unless you seeked it out, our press do get the bigger movies, the flashy Avengers or universally loved Dark Knight.

We are getting better but we still have an air of "comics being for kids" and so movies are looked down upon a touch still, with our press you have to know your reviewer damn well to get a decent impression of any comic book film.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #407
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip View Post
I love how they are so positive about Viper!! Haha! Interesting indeed cant wait to find out.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #408
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well most reviews have called her the low point of film.Although maybe she Is too much of a comic booky villain for most critics.She has been compared to poison Ivy but nothing I have seen In promation hints at her being that bad.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #409
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Well most reviews have called her the low point of film.Although maybe she Is too much of a comic booky villain for most critics.She has been compared to poison Ivy but nothing I have seen In promation hints at her being that bad.
Well go in with those expectations and you will be happy.

Honestly I thought she was one of the best parts of the flick. She is the comic book aspect, she brings that fantasy feel that I personally love.

The film has everything from grounded emotional character development, to some of the best marvel action yet and some of the greatest hero moments for wolverine, that include both viper and SS that make you want to stand and cheer. So i totally dug the hell out of it.

after watching an hour and 45 minutes of character story and drama, we get the comic book feel going full blast and it made it feel like a complete package to me!

Old 07-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #410
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

She's not bad. She just doesn't mesh with everything else going on in the movie because her outfit/powers/portrayal are purposefully campy.

Think of it like this: Throw Hugo Weaving's Red Skull in The Dark Knight. Not as a replacement villain, just an add on. Would feel off, no?

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #411
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

She seemed out of place with the rest of the story, but not enough to bring down the movie in any serious way. This isn't like a Deadpool/Whatever-the-hell-that-was-at-the-end-of-Origins situation in the slightest.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #412
zipzip
Side-Kick

lol contact music jumped the gun (not a review) http://www.contactmusic.com/article/...e-rise_3779367

Last edited by zipzip; 07-24-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #413
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
She's not bad. She just doesn't mesh with everything else going on in the movie because her outfit/powers/portrayal are purposefully campy.

Think of it like this: Throw Hugo Weaving's Red Skull in The Dark Knight. Not as a replacement villain, just an add on. Would feel off, no?
Ironic because she's also a Captain America villain.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #414
Double B
Side-Kick

That's some terrible journalism from Contact Music.

Yes, a "slamming" from critics. That did not happen at any point.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #415
Snikt
Side-Kick

A few more positive reveiws folks and we'll have another "Certified Fresh" X-Men film. Need 5 "fresh" reviews from Top critics (Only needs one more fresh review) and must be at or above 75%...which is very possible.

It'll stay certified fresh until it drops below 70%

Last edited by Snikt; 07-24-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #416
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
That's some terrible journalism from Contact Music.

Yes, a "slamming" from critics. That did not happen at any point.
Terrible journalism is their specialty.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #417
zipzip
Side-Kick

Yeah this was more of a rebuttal for the last crap article they posted.They wanted this film to be DOA.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #418
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Im not really into conspiracy theories and I am yet to see the film but it seems like some people were determined for this to be a failure almost like they wanted to be bad.

I guess Origins generated so much dislike they were out for this one before it was seen.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #419
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Good to see the meter moving back up. Just finished my X-Men marathon (including Origins and The Last Stand). I'm ready, but I need to find a time to see it.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #420
TWayneP
Side-Kick

its got a consensus now. Though I don't agree with it.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #421
zipzip
Side-Kick

72% hopefully some more positive reviews show up fast.If it can stay in the mid/high70's until 2moro then the fresh stamp is inevitable.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #422
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Pff...the consensus...

I'm just happy that at least, so far, the critics seems to like it

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #423
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip View Post
72% hopefully some more positive reviews show up fast.If it can stay in the mid/high70's until 2moro then the fresh stamp is inevitable.
Agreed. There's a few more positive reviews out there waiting. Ain't It Cool I believe is going to give a fresh review and I know Steve from Collider is as well.

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #424
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Don't get us wrong. We don't mean to take anything away from the more substantial qualities of "The Wolverine," a fairly satisfying if not stellar installment in the saga of the famous mutant that Hugh Jackman's been playing since, wow, 2000. (For a little perspective, Bill Clinton was still president.)
But let's just point out that Jackman bares it all in a brief but memorable scene in a bathtub, and the studio would be wise to advertise this scene as much as possible. Because Wolverine is all about Jackman, and not only is the actor in amazing shape, but he's funny in the scene, too. So why not flaunt it?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3646512.html

slumcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #425
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Another rotten review was added, so it will be at about 70% in a bit. They still got more reviews to add though.

The review by dead spin said that they have tamed Wolverine.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote