The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #826
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
still a solid two weeks away :/
better than nothing...

Old 07-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #827
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Sweet baby Jesus, yes!

Stan Lee and Felicia Day's YouTube channels will host themed days during the Aug. 4-10 event, which will also debut a new "Thor: The Dark World" trailer.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #828
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
Woohoo! Finally something to look forward to!

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 07-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #829
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Comic-Con MVP Tom Hiddleston Acts out ‘Thor: The Dark World’… With Action Figures

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #830
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Cool!
For a ''marketing failure'', it seems there's a lot of talk about this movie.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #831
T"Challa
Side-Kick

There's no 'marketing failure'. Disney/Marvel has found a formula for marketing their stuff from Avengers to IM3. After the 2nd trailer hits, Marketing will ramp up and from mid-september onwards, we're going to be swamped with pics, tv spots, magazine articles etc.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #832
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

edit: nm

Old 07-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #833
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
There's no 'marketing failure'. Disney/Marvel has found a formula for marketing their stuff from Avengers to IM3. After the 2nd trailer hits, Marketing will ramp up and from mid-september onwards, we're going to be swamped with pics, tv spots, magazine articles etc.
Agreed.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #834
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Old 07-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #835
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

GAAAAAAH it can't get here fast enough!!!!! To Bad there's not a Asgard section on Skyrim

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #836
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
yeah one that's tighter than a virgin sprite with security

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #837
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Hahaha that's great.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #838
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Isn't Tom's performance a trailer in itself? Fell so much in love with the Marvel gang after watching the comic con panels.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #839
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Hehe yeah. That dude is bodaciously awesome!

Old 07-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #840
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Thanks for sharing; this is so funny. I should send Tom Hiddleston a check for all the laughs he's been giving me over the past few days. (But I probably need my money more than he does.) He is a most awesome ambassador for Marvel and this film.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #841
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Can I ask those of you who know the comics why they would be introducing Tyr now? They're retconning the movie universe by bringing him in after Odin's firstborn comment to Thor in the first movie, so Tyr must have a specific purpose, but with all the conflict and backstory etc between Loki and Thor I'm just wondering why they'd bother to bring in an older brother now?

Old 07-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #842
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yeah I am starting to like Tom more and more. I always thought that he was a really good actor but now I just realize how very awesome he is as a person aswell!!!

Old 07-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #843
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Holy crap. I thought I could help you Itchyscratch since I am from Sweden. I am supposed to know stuff about norse mythology so I go to Swe wiki site trying to see
if there is something that I can remember for you. Then i see some serious stuff. I managed to find it in English aswell.

North Germanic Tyr

An early depiction of Tyr is found on the IK 190 bracteate found near Trollhättan, Sweden. The figure is shown with long hair, holding a sceptre in his left hand, and with a wolf biting his right.[7]

Tyr sacrifices his arm to Fenrir in a 1911 illustration by John Bauer.
According to the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, at one stage the gods decided to shackle the Fenris wolf (Fenrir), but the beast broke every chain they put upon him. Eventually they had the dwarves make them a magical ribbon called Gleipnir. It appeared to be only a silken ribbon but was made of six wondrous ingredients: the sound of a cat's footfall, the beard of a woman, the roots of a mountain, bear's sinews (meaning nerves, sensibility), fish's breath and bird's spittle. The creation of Gleipnir is said to be the reason why none of the above exist.[8] Fenrir sensed the gods' deceit and refused to be bound with it unless one of them put his hand in the wolf's mouth.
Tyr, known for his great wisdom and courage, agreed, and the other gods bound the wolf. After Fenrir had been bound by the gods, he struggled to try to break the rope. Fenrir could not break the ribbon and enraged, bit Tyr's right hand off. When the gods saw that Fenrir was bound they all rejoiced, except Tyr. Fenrir will remain bound until the day of Ragnarök. As a result of this deed, Tyr is called the "Leavings of the Wolf"; which is to be understood as a poetic kenning for glory. After a heartbreaking battle (of Ragnarök) Fenrir swallowed Odin the All-father, whole.
Tyr appears in the Eddic Poem Hymiskviða.
According to the Prose version of Ragnarok, Tyr is destined to kill and be killed by Garm, the guard dog of Hel. However, in the two poetic versions of Ragnarok, he goes unmentioned; unless one believes that he is the "Mighty One".
In Lokasenna, Tyr is taunted with cuckoldry by Loki, maybe another hint that he had a consort or wife at one time.
In the Hymskvidha, Tyr's father is named as the etin Hymir – the term "Hymir's kin" was used a kenning for etinkind – while his mother goes unnamed, but is otherwise described in terms that befit a goddess. This myth also pairs Tyr with Thor, and draws a comparison between their strength via the lifting of Hymir's cauldron. Thor proves the stronger, but other than Thor's own son, Magni, Tyr is the only deity whose strength is ever questioned in comparison to the Thunderer's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyr

Fenrir the wolf is Loki´s creation/son, just saying
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenrir

Last edited by Mightyally; 07-24-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #844
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Can I ask those of you who know the comics why they would be introducing Tyr now? They're retconning the movie universe by bringing him in after Odin's firstborn comment to Thor in the first movie, so Tyr must have a specific purpose, but with all the conflict and backstory etc between Loki and Thor I'm just wondering why they'd bother to bring in an older brother now?
He doesn't have to be an older brother, in the same way that Heimdall is not Sif's brother in the movies.

Last edited by Thor Odinson; 07-24-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #845
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Holy crap. I thought I could help you Itchyscratch since I am from Sweden. I am supposed to know stuff about norse mythology so I go to Swe wiki site trying to see
if there is something that I can remember for you. Then i see some serious stuff. I managed to find it in English aswell.

North Germanic Tyr

An early depiction of Tyr is found on the IK 190 bracteate found near Trollhättan, Sweden. The figure is shown with long hair, holding a sceptre in his left hand, and with a wolf biting his right.[7]

Tyr sacrifices his arm to Fenrir in a 1911 illustration by John Bauer.
According to the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, at one stage the gods decided to shackle the Fenris wolf (Fenrir), but the beast broke every chain they put upon him. Eventually they had the dwarves make them a magical ribbon called Gleipnir. It appeared to be only a silken ribbon but was made of six wondrous ingredients: the sound of a cat's footfall, the beard of a woman, the roots of a mountain, bear's sinews (meaning nerves, sensibility), fish's breath and bird's spittle. The creation of Gleipnir is said to be the reason why none of the above exist.[8] Fenrir sensed the gods' deceit and refused to be bound with it unless one of them put his hand in the wolf's mouth.
Tyr, known for his great wisdom and courage, agreed, and the other gods bound the wolf. After Fenrir had been bound by the gods, he struggled to try to break the rope. Fenrir could not break the ribbon and enraged, bit Tyr's right hand off. When the gods saw that Fenrir was bound they all rejoiced, except Tyr. Fenrir will remain bound until the day of Ragnarök. As a result of this deed, Tyr is called the "Leavings of the Wolf"; which is to be understood as a poetic kenning for glory. After a heartbreaking battle (of Ragnarök) Fenrir swallowed Odin the All-father, whole.
Tyr appears in the Eddic Poem Hymiskviða.
According to the Prose version of Ragnarok, Tyr is destined to kill and be killed by Garm, the guard dog of Hel. However, in the two poetic versions of Ragnarok, he goes unmentioned; unless one believes that he is the "Mighty One".
In Lokasenna, Tyr is taunted with cuckoldry by Loki, maybe another hint that he had a consort or wife at one time.
In the Hymskvidha, Tyr's father is named as the etin Hymir – the term "Hymir's kin" was used a kenning for etinkind – while his mother goes unnamed, but is otherwise described in terms that befit a goddess. This myth also pairs Tyr with Thor, and draws a comparison between their strength via the lifting of Hymir's cauldron. Thor proves the stronger, but other than Thor's own son, Magni, Tyr is the only deity whose strength is ever questioned in comparison to the Thunderer's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyr

Fenrir the wolf is Loki´s creation/son, just saying
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenrir
Btw, Mightally, there's another god of great strength, another son of Odin: Vidar.
He's said sometimes to be the second strongest of the Norse gods and he's the one who kills the Fenrir.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #846
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Btw, Mightally, there's another god of great strength, another son of Odin: Vidar.
He's said sometimes to be the second strongest of the Norse gods and he's the one who kills the Fenrir.
Yeah is that so! Do you think that Loki will cut Tyr´s hand off in T:TDW? Perhaps one could see his sword as Fenrir or something.
It doesn´t have to be the exact same as you mentioned about Heimdal being related to Sif

Old 07-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #847
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
does that mean Thor is the third strongest god since one of his sons is stronger than him.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #848
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
does that mean Thor is the third strongest god since one of his sons is stronger than him.
Oh, I believe he's the second in relation to Thor, so it would be like:

1. Magnir
2. Thor
3. Vidar

Old 07-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #849
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Yeah is that so! Do you think that Loki will cut Tyr´s hand off in T:TDW? Perhaps one could see his sword as Fenrir or something.
It doesn´t have to be the exact same as you mentioned about Heimdal being related to Sif
Yes, I think Tyr would be the one to have his hand severed by Loki. I don't see it happening to Thor.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #850
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Yes, I think Tyr would be the one to have his hand severed by Loki. I don't see it happening to Thor.
Same here!

Closed Thread