The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

View Poll Results: So this movie should really be called...
Superman vs Batman (or Batman vs Superman) 9 5.49%
World's finest 64 39.02%
Superman/Batman: World's finest 39 23.78%
Man of steel: world's finest 21 12.80%
Man of tomorrow 7 4.27%
Superman: shadow of the bat 4 2.44%
Man of steel: gods among us 2 1.22%
other 18 10.98%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #26
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

I expect both Superman and Batman names on the marquee. WB has to milk this for all it's worth. You don't put them together and call it Autumn Frost 2.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #27
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

Well, to be fair, there WAS going to be a movie called Batman vs. Superman about 10 years ago. Now, WB has learned a few things since then, but unfortunately I do that that title is a possibility.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #28
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

If the general public doesn't understand the "World's Finest" subtitle they need to catch up with the nerds/geeks/fanboys and figure it out by the end of the movie.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #29
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
The problem with the title is that it just implies that they'll be fighting each other throughout the whole film, which is what I don't want. This should be a MOS sequel with Batman featuring in it. Also how will Batman have a chance against Supes with no Kryptonite?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
The problem I have with "Batman vs Superman" is its so simplistic. It implies the film is just that. A deathmatch which in terms of plot makes it sound about as sophisticated as Freddy vs Jason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Here is an idea:

Have the Superman/Batman emblems with a subtitle. Dont actually put Superman or Batman in the title. Simply imply that with their overlaid emblems.

*Batman/Superman logos*
World's Finest

Or something of that nature. IMO that's the cleanest and classiest way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I actually hate the Batman vs Superman title, I really hope they get more creative than that.
I agree with each and every one of your points. I hope Batman VS Superman is just a working title they're going with, until the whole thing is done. I mean I envision this DC Cinematic Universe saga to be a grand epic and titles like Batman vs Superman looks like an old school Capcom game. Snyder & Nolan could do better than that.

Here's what WB needs to do. Call it Man of Steel 2: The World's Finest and actually put some EFFORT into advertising and marketing e.g. viral videos like the Zod video or mysterious photographs/other material concerning a Red-Blue Blur, a giant Bat, a Red Flash, something about Ferris Aircraft, life on Mars, Amazon nations and stuff on companies like LuthorCorp/LexCorp or Wayne Industries.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #30
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I expect both Superman and Batman names on the marquee. WB has to milk this for all it's worth. You don't put them together and call it Autumn Frost 2.
What about Autumn Frost: Rise of Lex Luthor?

Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #31
Bruce Malone
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
If the general public doesn't understand the "World's Finest" subtitle they need to catch up with the nerds/geeks/fanboys and figure it out by the end of the movie.
Yeah that's exactly what the suits at WB are thinking...

Old 07-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #32
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Man of Steel Vs The Dark Knight.

or,

Man of Steel Vs Batman

*\S/T*
Old 07-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #33
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Yeah that's exactly what the suits at WB are thinking...
The point is the movie should prove why Batman and Superman are considered the world's finest.

It benefits Warner Bros if the audience agrees/understands that these characters are the world's finest by the end of the movie.

The subtitle elevates the heroes and status of the franchise. Win-win for WB.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #34
The Shield
It's really Happening!

I really Hate the "VS". Its lame and just reminds me of freddy vs jason or predator vs alien. Plus I thought this was supposed to be a sequel for Man of Steel. Why should batman be in the title at all?

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #35
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

It's funny... Batman hasn't been in the title of the last two Batman movies but now his name might be in the title of the next Superman movie. WTF?

Old 07-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #36
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I really Hate the "VS". Its lame and just reminds me of freddy vs jason or predator vs alien. Plus I thought this was supposed to be a sequel for Man of Steel. Why should batman be in the title at all?
Superman should get top billing but it'd be stupid not to market it using Batman's name from a business stand point.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 07-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #37
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

It is possible the Batman vs Superman domain that's been registed is for some viral marketing for the when the film everntually goes into production.

Worlds Finest with the Superman/Batman logos would be fine.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #38
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Batman/Superman :World's Finest

I imagine the combined symbol logo will act as the "title" whenever it can be used.

Romans 8:19
Old 07-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #39
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
It is possible the Batman vs Superman domain that's been registed is for some viral marketing for the when the film everntually goes into production.

It should even be considered a Superman sequel.

Keep WF and MOS2 separate and make double the money.

Durr

Old 07-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #40
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Quote:

Great minds think alike but some people type slightly faster I see.

Romans 8:19
Old 07-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #41
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

I agree "vs" shouldn't be in the title.

It's extremely tacky.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #42
Bruce Malone
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Superman should get top billing but it'd be stupid not to market it using Batman's name from a business stand point.
If this really is a "batman/superman" movie and not MoS 2 (they're still being iffy on that) I think it only makes sense for Batman to get-top billing?

Alphabetically in an OCD sense Batman should come before Superman and business wise it's pretty evident?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #43
Tra-El
Side-Kick

"VS" is a huge mistake IMHO. It makes it sound like a silly gimmick movie like Freddy VS Jason and not a serious contender in the war against Marvel to set up Justice League. Sounds more like an animation as well. Creativity and the title needs to sell this movie even FURTHER. It's a big key to the puzzle.

Superman: Gotham's Finest
or
Man of Tomorrow: Gotham's Finest sounds good to me.

It's a toughie, not gonna lie but please......no "VS." I haven't been critical yet of anything. Loved MOS and sing its praises. The "VS" in this title I would NOT like. Gives off an entirely different impression in what I'd like to see.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #44
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
I say only use Batman in the title if its not a sequel. If it is, Superman or some other alias of his and his only in the title.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 07-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #45
GreenKToo
In the fire

SUPERMAN: Damn, Batman has Kryptonite.

Or,

Superman Vs I'm the god d##n Batman.

Seriously, just call it world's finest and be done with it. we all know thats what it is anyway.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 07-25-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #46
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I say only use Batman in the title if its not a sequel. If it is, Superman or some other alias of his and his only in the title.
Either way Batman is a much bigger draw than Superman.

Why would they not advertise Batman when the last movie made almost twice as much as MOS worldwide?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #47
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Man vs Steel

The Non Christian Bale Batman vs Super CGI

Last edited by Mace Bloodstone; 07-25-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #48
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I think Batman may find his name in the title one way or another.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #49
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Bloodstone View Post
Man vs Steel
If you go that route, "Knight vs Steel" would be better.

But that doesn't advertise the characters and you include the tacky versus word.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #50
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Man Vs Bat

Superman Batman : Cape burden.

*\S/T*
Closed Thread