The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #176
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series Discussion Thread - Part 2

I want to see to see how the show's defenders react to a drastic improvement in quality, if it happens, now that the 3rd season has a new creative team.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #177
blake c
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I want to see to see how the show's defenders react to a drastic improvement in quality, if it happens, now that the 3rd season has a new creative team.
Is it even possible for this show to do a complete 360? It has some decent episodes, but it seems to change its tone of the characters way to often, even if it does get better it won't make up for the inconsistencies of the past. If only all the episodes could of been at least the quality of the Thor episode, or Deadpool episode. Then it would be decent. I'm just glad Spidey was finally put in the real Avengers, I kind of think it might be hinting at Spidey being in an Avenger movie at some point in time.

blake c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #178
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Defend what exactly? The critics were saying that Marvel was scrambling because of all the "bad feedback" and trying to fix the rest of seasons 1 and 2. The critics also said the show would be gone after season 2 as well. So what do the haters have to say about that?

To me the show has never been bad. So if it gets even better, even in the eyes of the show's haters, why is that a bad thing?

Do you want to see defenders of the show say, "Well it sucked before but now its actually good and worth watching"? Makes no sense to me.

I thought the Guardians of the Galaxy episode was great. Rocket Raccoon in particular was a much better character in this episode than his Earth's Mightiest Heroes appearance. He was more developed and got to do and say a lot more.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #179
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Why doesn't Disney try to make a REAL Spider-Man cartoon? I'm amazed that Sony was able to do something leagues better than Marvel.

Heck, why can't we get some straight-to-DVD animated films for Spidey?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #180
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Because they are already making a real Spider-Man cartoon. It's a cartoon starring Spider-Man.

- CM Punk
Old 07-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #181
Picard Sisko

Are you sure that is the real Spider-Man? I don't remember my favorite superhero breaking the fourth wall, imagining himself turning into a toaster when he gets in trouble.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #182
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Really? Because I remember numerous instances of this in animation and comics. Snobbish comic fans and hardcore purists will never admit to it though.

Ultimate Spider-Man in the series I merely see it as a more overt version of Spider-Man's inner-monologue which is constantly utilized in the comics.

- CM Punk
Old 07-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #183
Picard Sisko

Spider-Man does not break the fourth wall, and he has NEVER pictured himself as a toaster. I'm not a purist, I accept change in the movies/series when they are done well. I love the first two Raimi films, TASM, and SSM. But this show does not take Spider-Man seriously, and they have turned him into a joke.

Do you know why Spider-Man uses quips while he is battling foes? He is scared. Peter knows that he is doing something dangerous when fighting Doc Ock, Lizard, Kingpin, and other super villains, so he uses his sense of humor as a coping mechanism. In this show, he says and does stupid things as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man, proving the writers don't know anything about the character. When has this been used in the comic books... EVER?

Old 07-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #184
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Every time I see a new post in this thread when I check my subscription box, I come here in hope of finding out that this show was cancelled. I'm always dissapointed and then leave.

*sigh*

This show and The Superior Spider-Man are two of the worst things to have ever come out of Spider-Man. Most things haven't worked out well for Spidey for the past few years now. When will these 'dark ages' be over?

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #185
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Every time I see a new post in this thread when I check my subscription box, I come here in hope of finding out that this show was cancelled. I'm always dissapointed and then leave.

*sigh*

This show and The Superior Spider-Man are two of the worst things to have ever come out of Spider-Man. Most things haven't worked out well for Spidey for the past few years now. When will these 'dark ages' be over?
I think One More Day is worse than Superior Spider-Man. I think that TASM2 is Spider-Man's ticket out of the "dark ages." Thing is, at some point there will always be more Spidey. Eventually, there will be another good/great Spider-Man film. We will get a new Spider-Man comic series, or a reboot. There will be a new animated series. It may not happen tomorrow, but it WILL happen. Its just a matter of when.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #186
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I think One More Day is worse than Superior Spider-Man.
That's not really saying much though. I find Superior Spider-Man to be the worst thing to have come out of Spider-Man in the 616 comics since the OMD days.

Quote:
I think that TASM2 is Spider-Man's ticket out of the "dark ages." Thing is, at some point there will always be more Spidey. Eventually, there will be another good/great Spider-Man film. We will get a new Spider-Man comic series, or a reboot. There will be a new animated series. It may not happen tomorrow, but it WILL happen. Its just a matter of when.
I agree. I think Spidey needs a TDK quality film to get him out of the "dark ages". It is a sad fact that we live in a culture in which the film medium as superior to all other mediums. However, there are some occasional advantages that come with that and this is one of them. Many superheroes were ruined in the comics before only for their movies to resurrect them. Iron Man is a great example. Civil War turned him into the most hated Marvel superhero you could ever fathom to the point that Marvel got tons of hate mail and entire sales almost dropped completely. Then RDJ and the (great) Iron Man film comes along, which not only revived Iron Man in the comics but also made him more popular than ever before. I hope the same thing happens to Spidey and TASM2 is looking to be very promising so far. If it won't happen by TASM2, then I hope at least by TASM3 assuming that they're doing GG and Gwen's death in the third one. That story revolutionized superhero comics and was a major factor in the collapse of the Silver Age. A properly adapted and serious version of that would be just....

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #187
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post

*sigh*

The show's not cancelled and they just announced season 3. So the show won't end for at least a whole other year or two.

Quote:
Spider-Man does not break the fourth wall, and he has NEVER pictured himself as a toaster. I'm not a purist, I accept change in the movies/series when they are done well. I love the first two Raimi films, TASM, and SSM. But this show does not take Spider-Man seriously, and they have turned him into a joke.
Yes he has. Frequently in the comics when he speaks in inner-monologue its like he's talking to the audience. As far as breaking the fourth wall there have been instances of this. When the first movie came out, there was a gag in Amazing Spider-Man about Aunt May telling Spider-Man they will make a movie about his life. Later in the same comic, Spider-Man repeats that they will make a Spider-Man movie.

When Spider-Man 2 came out, in the pages of Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man goes to the set of the Spider-Man movie starring Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man, directed by Sam Raimi, and produced by Avi Arad. All of whom cameo'ed in the story. Spider-Man walks onto the set of his own movie which was about to come out in real life.

In the 1990's animated series, he travels to the REAL WORLD and meets his creator, Stan Lee.

Quote:
Do you know why Spider-Man uses quips while he is battling foes? He is scared. Peter knows that he is doing something dangerous when fighting Doc Ock, Lizard, Kingpin, and other super villains, so he uses his sense of humor as a coping mechanism. In this show, he says and does stupid things as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man, proving the writers don't know anything about the character. When has this been used in the comic books... EVER?
Please. That's not the only reason he uses quips. Does he make fun of the car jacker in the Amazing Spider-Man movie because he's scared of him. I doubt he's scared all the time. How do you know he's never scared in Ultimate Spider-Man and isn't doing the same thing?

What stupid things are you talking about? In the comics, Spider-Man has done and said stupid things REPEATEDLY. And things that are much stupider and way worse than Ultimate Spider-Man.

- CM Punk
Old 07-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #188
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Defend what exactly? The critics were saying that Marvel was scrambling because of all the "bad feedback" and trying to fix the rest of seasons 1 and 2. The critics also said the show would be gone after season 2 as well. So what do the haters have to say about that?

To me the show has never been bad. So if it gets even better, even in the eyes of the show's haters, why is that a bad thing?

Do you want to see defenders of the show say, "Well it sucked before but now its actually good and worth watching"? Makes no sense to me.

I thought the Guardians of the Galaxy episode was great. Rocket Raccoon in particular was a much better character in this episode than his Earth's Mightiest Heroes appearance. He was more developed and got to do and say a lot more.
Ultimate Spider-man isn't just a bad Spider-man show, it's a bad show in itself

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #189
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Ultimate Spider-Man is a great Spider-Man show and a great show in itself.

- CM Punk
Old 07-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #190
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Yes there is nothing more any of us can say at this point we all know how we feel and until Marvel changes the game we can either follow it or don't bother.

We have other shows that carry more viewers, more interesting things, more character dept, more mature shows for both kids and adults together, so we have to be patient, at least the AA is ok.

So I guess we can stop coming in here and showing our disapproval so that people like the Vileone can stay sane and stop making more people hate him with his defensive nature of the Jeph Loab era with stupid words like haters and all that kind ***** lol.

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #191
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Are bigdaddy313 and strugler one and the same? Because their posts read the same.

I'm perfectly sane, I just call it like I see it.

Look, the contingent against this show wrote fake, fabricated stories to try and build bad publicity against this series. These are facts.

- CM Punk
Old 07-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #192
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick

I wish the series would just die.

#SupportAndrewGarfield
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #193
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Are bigdaddy313 and strugler one and the same? Because their posts read the same.

I'm perfectly sane, I just call it like I see it.

Look, the contingent against this show wrote fake, fabricated stories to try and build bad publicity against this series. These are facts.
But the show really, really is terrible. I want it to end. I am just curious as to what you think of Spectacular Spider-Man?

Old 07-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #194
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
But the show really, really is terrible. I want it to end. I am just curious as to what you think of Spectacular Spider-Man?
I thought Spectacular was alright. I think Ultimate Spider-Man is better. I think it has a much better supporting cast. I think Spectacular is overrated.

Different strokes man. Fans here worship Young Justice, and I thought it was overwrought. I hated the ending and the cast of one million characters.

At the end of the day, the fan support for Young Justice wasn't there. Young kids are actually watching Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble.

Here's another thing. Snobby fans who worship their pet shows are sometimes in denial about their shows own flaws and how Spectacular Spider-Man was quite goofy and weird at times since that seems to be a sticking point with regards to Ultimate Spider-Man.

For another thing, I didn't like the art style and character models for Spectacular Spider-Man. They took it way too far. I prefer superhero cartoons to look more traditional and realistic.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 07-26-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #195
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Me and strugler aren't one and the same just to let you know I don't have time in creating sites to kill shows I have a life lol and please don't insult me with that kind of stupid idea.

If you get a kick out of fighting with others defending something that you don't get paid for and you feel your life depends on it then you have a problem. Just enjoy your show and be done with it.

As for pickard don't worry we will get a great serial story telling spider-man show once again we just have to be patient.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #196
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

My life doesn't depend on it, and it's a free open forum. You and others trash the show as if your life depends on it.

Shikamaru is devastated he doesn't get to wake up and find the show is dead. Parker is wishing death on the show.

I'm not talking about life and death bigdaddy, the haters are. Also, I never insulted anyone.

The reason I compared you to strugler is because your posts and style read very similar. I wasn't sure if it was an alternate handle or not. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

- CM Punk
Old 07-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #197
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
My life doesn't depend on it, and it's a free open forum. You and others trash the show as if your life depends on it.

Shikamaru is devastated he doesn't get to wake up and find the show is dead. Parker is wishing death on the show.

I'm not talking about life and death bigdaddy, the haters are. Also, I never insulted anyone.

The reason I compared you to strugler is because your posts and style read very similar. I wasn't sure if it was an alternate handle or not. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

When do you see me trash the show, I don't care, my problem with Marvel is this whole child mentality thing going on that they don't need.

What they failed to realise is that kids are not the only once watching comic book cartoons, they can find a great marketing strategy to make money from adults as well and I got great ideas for that it will be a win win situation.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #198
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
When do you see me trash the show, I don't care, my problem with Marvel is this whole child mentality thing going on that they don't need.

What they failed to realise is that kids are not the only once watching comic book cartoons, they can find a great marketing strategy to make money from adults as well and I got great ideas for that it will be a win win situation.
In other words... Spectacular Spider-Man? Man, I miss that show!

Old 07-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #199
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I miss 1990's Spider-Man which was better than Spectacular Spider-Man.

- CM Punk
Old 07-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #200
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
I miss 1990's Spider-Man which was better than Spectacular Spider-Man.
We all no it's not but awesome none the less