The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: So this movie should really be called...
Superman vs Batman (or Batman vs Superman) 9 5.49%
World's finest 64 39.02%
Superman/Batman: World's finest 39 23.78%
Man of steel: world's finest 21 12.80%
Man of tomorrow 7 4.27%
Superman: shadow of the bat 4 2.44%
Man of steel: gods among us 2 1.22%
other 18 10.98%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #51
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

WF: the legend of the Bat.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #52
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

Just call the movie Batman.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #53
GreenKToo
In the fire

he11, just call it $$$$, because thats what its gonna do.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #54
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Men of Bats and Steel

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #55
Notrip
SuperDaD

I love how all the outlets are pretty much stating the title is Batman vs Superman when Goyer said, "We don't know what we are calling yet" and gave a few suggestions. I doubt that those will be the actual title of the movie. I mean the "vs" is tacky and lame. I get it, it tells the audience Batman will face off against Superman. But can you be a little more creative WB/Goyer/Synder. Might as well call it Batman takes on Superman and they fight and make up, then fight bad guys I still think if there isn't a subtitle, just call it Batman & Superman NO "vs" please.

If it is truly a sequel, how about
Superman: The shadow of the Bat or if they really are wanting Batman in there Superman: Legend of The Batman.
come on Goyer and Synder, you say you are making a Man of Steel sequel, why not put Superman in the title! Have the Batman or Bat in the subtitle and have the LOGO. If the GA doesn't know that Batman is in this movie that's because they are idiots and don't deserve to watch this movie. Plus there is marketing. Market material with Bruce and Lex. How about some viral marketing. This movie could have some awesome potential for viral if you ask me.

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 07-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #56
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

World's Finest.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #57
GreenKToo
In the fire

Yeah, WF is a no brainer. I just wonder if they should somehow incorporate the villains names.
Lex is a gimme to be in it, and I'll bet money the Joker is as well.
I hate long titles, so maybe just images of both villains faces, kinda faded in the background on either side of the \S/bat symbol.
Lex's bald head and the joker's pale face and makeup would be unmistakable.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 07-25-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #58
bluearth
Side-Kick

It will be Superman and Batman with Worlds Finest being the 2nd choice imo

Old 07-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #59
dmc
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Men of Bats and Steel

Old 07-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #60
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

I can see them coming up with the most unimaginative name possible. This is the same studio that released "Batman Begins".... ugh.

Something retarded like "Superman Meets Batman" isn't out of the question.

Last edited by Skrilla31; 07-25-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #61
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Abbott and Costello Meet Batman

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #62
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

People thought The Dark Knight and Man of Steel were silly names when WB first announced the films. Like they said, "How will people know it's a Batman or Superman film?" Duh, marketing tells you that.

I think World's Finest will be the title, provided Warners has sense. Or maybe Man of Steel: World's Finest. Going the Batman vs. Superman route, you're doing a disservice to the story. It's not just about these two going head-to-head.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 07-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #63
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Yeah, I like World's Finest or MOS:World's Finest.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #64
sahin
Side-Kick

world's finest

world's finest

world's finest

world's finest

world's finest

world's finest

Old 07-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #65
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I don't like the title Man of Steel: World's Finest. That would be like saying Superman: featuring Batman.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #66
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I'm glad to see Mr. Bigshot Jett just confirmed the logo shown as comic con isn't the final product.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 07-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #67
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I would prefer Man of Steel: World's Finest.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #68
eat mas tacos
Side-Kick

Man of Steel .. Rises <~ haha jk

Man of Steel: Gods Among Us
Man of Steel: Blackest Knight
Superman Batman - year one
Man of Steel 2: Rise to Justice
Caped Crusaders

Old 07-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #69
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Going the Batman vs. Superman route, you're doing a disservice to the story. It's not just about these two going head-to-head.
I think WB has made it painfully obvious at this point that the story isn't all that important to them.

Whatever marketing likes best is what's gonna get used.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #70
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
I think WB has made it painfully obvious at this point that the story isn't all that important to them.

Whatever marketing likes best is what's gonna get used.
Yeah, you hate MOS, we get it.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #71
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

The Nightman vs the Dayman
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #72
eat mas tacos
Side-Kick

I think the simple and less contrevorsy answer in everyone's mind is:

But personally. I would LOVE something with the word - Battle/War/Fight (for.../of...) in the title! That would be awesome!

Old 07-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #73
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
The Nightman vs the Dayman
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
BRILLIANT!

CHARLIE DAY FOR BATMAN!

Old 07-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #74
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, you hate MOS, we get it.
Actually I was referring to the transparency of their decision to shoehorn Batman into the sequel...

... but sure. That works too.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #75
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

Man Of Steel : Dark Knight Over Metropolis

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Closed Thread