The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 07-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #301
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Sinister Six in ASM3

If TASM4 will be a sinister six film, Mysterio wouldn't fit. He needs a bit more of a background explanation, or else audiences are going to be confused and ask... "WTF?"

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #302
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Why not? They could be introduced in the S6 and show up in later films.
I'm sure one of them that I listed will be in this. I just don't like introducing villains without a proper origin. It's just how I feel.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #303
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I'm sure one of them that I listed will be in this. I just don't like introducing villains without a proper origin. It's just how I feel.
You realize this franchise had catching up to do. The first movie didn't give us any S6 potential. 2 and a half movies (half of TASM 4, climax S6) to give us 6 villains. Full blown origins won't work, there might be 3 total and the other 3 as side villains.

"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #304
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
Even for a villain like shocker? O_o

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 07-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #305
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

That's shocking... ^

"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 07-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #306
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
That's shocking... ^
I see what you did there.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #307
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

I'm punny.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #308
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
You realize this franchise had catching up to do. The first movie didn't give us any S6 potential. 2 and a half movies (half of TASM 4, climax S6) to give us 6 villains. Full blown origins won't work, there might be 3 total and the other 3 as side villains.
Sometimes when people try to catch up, they tend to rush things. I think WB is doing that with Superman/Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Even for a villain like shocker? O_o
Yes. If Shocker shows up in the next two movies, we get to know a little bit about him, then I'm fine with him showing up in the 4th movie with S6. But if they think that bringing in 2 or 3 villains and just have them "show up", it's not gonna be good, especially from the GA's point of view. There's no need to confuse people.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #309
Picard Sisko

I'm sure they could introduce Shocker as a small villain in TASM3 as a common thug that Spidey takes down.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #310
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

And that's where Ravencroft comes in. Rhino's only gonna be in this movie for a short period of time. Shocker could be the same thing in the next movie. We find out his agenda and Spider-Man stops him. Then when it's time to unravel the S6, we find out why these guys want to take Spidey down.

Well I'm off to work for the day. I'll talk to you guys later.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #311
Picard Sisko

If Sony plans on making TASM4 a Sinister Six film, then they need to get to work. It seems like they have a blueprint for a trilogy, but now they need to start planning out the fourth installment. A S6 movie would either be a hit or a miss, and would be very complicated. If the main storyline introduced in TASM (parents, Norman Osborn) is resolved in the third movie, we don't want the fourth to feel like its just an extra movie thrown in for cash. All of the movies need to flow together.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #312
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

i dont think mysterio could hold his own movie imo

amazingly atiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #313
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingly atiba View Post
Depends. I think he could be the main villain of a Spider-Man film if he was written well. Its not like he is Rhino or anything, there is a lot to him. I'd be more worried about the GA and critics taking him seriously as a villain.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #314
Picard Sisko

Since Kraven and Chamelion are brothers, they could introduce them at the same time.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #315
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

nope i really dont think so. everything would be great but the action. the action would be abysmal

amazingly atiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #316
Picard Sisko

Quote:
nope i really dont think so. everything would be great but the action. the action would be abysmal
Are you referring to Mysterio? He could create an illusion for Spidey to make him believe that he is fighting other villains. Think of the possibilities.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:11 AM   #317
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Oh, I do.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #318
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I'm really intrigued by the idea of the Sinister Six being featured in a movie. They are, in my opinion, THE best supervillain team in comics. I've loved the whole concept going back to when I was first introduced to it in the "Insiduous Six" episode of the Spider-Man cartoon. The "Return of the Sinister Six" story from the early 90s remains one of my favourite Spidey comics, and their return in "Ends of the Earth" was enough of an event for me to pick up Amazing Spider-Man when I hadn't been a regular reader in years. I loved how in particular that most recent appearance of theirs presented the team as formidable enough to be a challenge for The Avengers, rather than just a threat to Spider-Man.

As far as the movie lineup goes, here's who I would include.

1. DOCTOR OCTOPUS
I think he's essential for a Sinister Six story. There have been a few short-term variations on the group that existed without him (like the Sinister Seven formed during the Clone Saga to avenge his death), but there's a reason those versions are always the least memorable incarnations. Doctor Octopus is the beating heart of the group, the genius and master strategist who can unite all these street-level thugs and utilise them in a way that elevates them to global threat. If the third film is going to be all about the Osborns with the Green Goblin as the primary villain, then Doc Ock is the guy I'd save until the 4th film, or have him lurking in the shadows recruiting members to his team throughout the 3rd film. There's the problem of Alfred Molina doing a pretty much definitive take on the character in the last franchise, but I think there's enough angle to do a different portrayal: make him cold-blooded and ruthless were Molina's take was tormented and sympathetic.

2. ELECTRO
This all depends on Jamie Foxx's Electro surviving in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but if he does, his inclusion in the group is a no-brainer. Electro has been in just about every incarnation of the group (unless I'm wrong, every comic version of the group, with him being replaced with Shocker in the cartoon's Insidious Six), and he adds some major firepower to their ranks.

3. RHINO
Another no-brainer. He'll already be established in Amazing Spider-Man 2, so no need to spent time on an origin. And if you can get Paul Giamatti in your film, you put him in your film.

4. MYSTERIO
Now, unless I'm mistaken, Mysterio has been in EVERY version of the Sinister Six. I also think he's an awesome villain, one of my favourites in Spidey's rogues gallery. But his inclusion here is a conditional one. Namely, it'll only work if, as I'm guessing, the "man in the shadows" played by Michael Massee in the post-credits sequence of the first film is Mysterio. That way, he's already an established, existing character in the universe and doesn't need to be introduced from scratch.

5. VULTURE
Similarly to Mysterio, this only really works if, as rumoured, Colm Feore has been cast as Adrian Toomes. If he's an existing character in the universe, it won't take much of a nudge to then cement his role as the Vulture, be it in the 3rd or 4th film.

6. THE LIZARD
This is the one I'm least certain on. Green Goblin, or Black Cat, or someone new could be feasible candidates for this final slot, but I think Lizard just takes the lead. On one hand, it makes sense, as he's an already-established villain in the mythology. But I don't know how Curt Connors would slip into the team dynamic. Perhaps something is done to compel him to ally with the group against his will? But honestly, I could just as likely see The Lizard allying with Spider-Man and maybe Black Cat to battle the Sinister Six, as opposed to being one of the bad guys.

So, that's 6 villains, and only one of them who won't already be to some degree established by the second film. If you opt to bring in another new character to be on the team instead of Lizard - say, Scorpion, or Chameleon - then that's still only 2 new characters you need to introduce over the course of the 3rd and 4th film to give you a complete roster. Not too daunting a task.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #319
Picard Sisko

Omg... imagine if Dr. Connors turned into the Lizard to help Spider-Man fight the Sinister Six? *Nerdgasm*

Old 07-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #320
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick

So much win in this thread. *_*

#SupportAndrewGarfield
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #321
Picard Sisko

Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #322
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

6. THE LIZARD
This is the one I'm least certain on. Green Goblin, or Black Cat, or someone new could be feasible candidates for this final slot, but I think Lizard just takes the lead. On one hand, it makes sense, as he's an already-established villain in the mythology. But I don't know how Curt Connors would slip into the team dynamic. Perhaps something is done to compel him to ally with the group against his will? But honestly, I could just as likely see The Lizard allying with Spider-Man and maybe Black Cat to battle the Sinister Six, as opposed to being one of the bad guys.
They should have introduced Connors' family in TAS1. Who ever brought the group together could threaten his family if he didn't join to take down Spider-Man.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #323
Picard Sisko

They could always introduce them in a future film. Maybe they visit him at Ravencroft?

Old 07-27-2013, 03:54 AM   #324
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

I don't see Lizard being apart of TS6 in any form, even threat to his family.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #325
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

.The Lizard being part of a team doesn't work for me neither. What if the rumored "Gentleman" was later revealed as master manipulator Quentin Beck all along and he becomes the real sixth member Mysterio in the final act?

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote