The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #776
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Does anyone think we would ever get a Miles Morales film? If Peter Parker lasts a good 7 or 8 films, and the GA starts to think that he is getting stale, do you think Sony would introduce Miles Morales to keep things... fresh?

Imagine getting a Spider-Men movie. Have Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker represent the 616, while Andrew is Ultimate. Andrew gets killed by Goblin, and Miles takes over. Then at some point, the universe's merge together and we see Tobey talking to Miles (played by whomever).
I would like Ben Reilly before Miles. Even Miguel O'Hara.

Buuut... You're idea is interesting. Having several movie universes as several comic book series, and the possibility of cross-overs... While impossible, it's a great idea.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #777
theinfernoman
That guy

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

What just happend?

Old 07-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #778
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
Where'd you get that?
It's from the Facebook page of the sandwich shop in NYC where they filmed Woodley's scene:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=764%2C415

Old 07-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #779
TayDee
Side-Kick

The first film with the Sinister 6 though shouldn't be much of a challenge for Spidey. I believe when they first fought, they were so focused on killing Spiderman, that they were unorganized, and Spidey ended up handing it to them and making them look bad. The second time though, they isolated Spiderman to their advantages. Like Sandman had Spidey near a lot of sand, and the same for other villians. I hope they go that route. Just because you team up doesn't mean it should work the first time.

Last edited by TayDee; 07-25-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #780
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfernoman View Post
What just happend?
I stopped people from arguing and derailing this thread.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #781
theinfernoman
That guy

Oh, okay.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #782
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I stopped people from arguing and derailing this thread.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 8.5
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 8
Old 07-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #783
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
The first film with the Sinister 6 though shouldn't be much of a challenge for Spidey. I believe when they first fought, they were so focused on killing Spiderman, that they were unorganized, and Spidey ended up handing it to them and making them look bad. The second time though, they isolated Spiderman to their advantages. Like Sandman had Spidey near a lot of sand, and the same for other villians. I hope they go that route. Just because you team up doesn't mean it should work the first time.
They still need to pose a big threat and be a big challenge to Spider-Man. Thing is, I doubt they are going to make multiple Sinister Six films or else it can become repetitive.

Maybe Spidey will have the upper hand in the first battle of the film, but by the final battle, Spider-Man is really going to get his *** kicked.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #784
DirtyHarry
I saw footage

Has there been any news since Comic Con?

Old 07-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #785
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
They still need to pose a big threat and be a big challenge to Spider-Man. Thing is, I doubt they are going to make multiple Sinister Six films or else it can become repetitive.

Maybe Spidey will have the upper hand in the first battle of the film, but by the final battle, Spider-Man is really going to get his *** kicked.
I'll run with that, but either way, the disorganization between them should happen. Maybe the leader of the Sinister 6 sends out 4 in the beginning, teasing us about the Frightful Four, and at the end, all 6 of them will try to fight Spidey with a little strategy.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #786
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
Has there been any news since Comic Con?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBbC14fENXo

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #787
JOE

Well that was anti-climactic... I was hoping she'd have a real role.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 07-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #788
Picard Sisko

What could she have really played though?

Old 07-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #789
Spideyfan117
Yo When's Mahvel!?

It was kind of obvious she would have a small role. She was cast in the last few days of production. I'm not surprised. Still, it sounds interesting. Maybe she's a holographic guide for Oscorp or Ravencroft.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #790
DirtyHarry
I saw footage

Quote:
What could she have really played though?
Teh MJ

Old 07-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #791
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
Teh MJ
They weren't going to recast MJ only a day after Shailene Woodley was cut from TASM2. Like Spideyfan117 said, it was obvious her role would be small.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #792
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan117 View Post
It was kind of obvious she would have a small role. She was cast in the last few days of production. I'm not surprised. Still, it sounds interesting. Maybe she's a holographic guide for Oscorp or Ravencroft.
That's a pretty good bet. I'm thinking Oscorp related most definitely.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 8.5
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 8
Old 07-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #793
Picard Sisko

Either Oscorp or Ravencroft. Maybe she will be like the woman doing the voiceover in TASM when Peter was going up the escalator and looking at the Norman Osborn silhouette.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #794
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Does anyone think we would ever get a Miles Morales film? If Peter Parker lasts a good 7 or 8 films, and the GA starts to think that he is getting stale, do you think Sony would introduce Miles Morales to keep things... fresh?

Imagine getting a Spider-Men movie. Have Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker represent the 616, while Andrew is Ultimate. Andrew gets killed by Goblin, and Miles takes over. Then at some point, the universe's merge together and we see Tobey talking to Miles (played by whomever).
I don't think we will see a Miles Morales film anytime soon. Sony doesn't have the rights to him (Marvel does) and I don't think people will get bored of Peter Parker anytime soon in the same way they won't get bored of Bruce Wayne as Batman. These are iconic characters that have consistently been iconic and popular for decades and there are almost unlimited story possibilities you can do with them. The key is to keep the stories fresh and interesting.

Also, Miles Morales is not exactly the best character to bring to the big screen. He is essentially Peter Parker 2.0 but black/Hispanic. Quesada and Bendis both even admitted that they killed off Peter and brought in Miles just to have a colored Spider-Man that would attract more non-whites to comics (because people obviously like these characters based on what their color is ). The entire purpose of the Spider-Men comic in the first place was to use Peter to prop up Miles Morales after his lukewarm reception. Plus, both Tobey's Spider-Man and Andrew's Spider-Man are far more based on the 616 Spider-Man than the Ultimate Spider-Man. The concept wouldn't work out that much IMO.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #795
HanShotFirst
Side-Kick

How to get in Spider-man movie: Just say you want to be in it.
I mean Paul Giamatti got the Rhino role and Nathan Fillion soon to be Scorpion..

Hurry up Alexis Knapp say you want to be MJ!

Old 07-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #796
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanShotFirst View Post
How to get in Spider-man movie: Just say you want to be in it.
I mean Paul Giamatti got the Rhino role and Nathan Fillion soon to be Scorpion..

Hurry up Alexis Knapp say you want to be MJ!
Tbh, the Giamatti situation looked like such good timing to me. I watched his talk show interview and I was like hm. But when I saw set videos and photos, they made him perfectly fit the universe imo. Like it just works.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #797
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Haha this can be great. I can't wait to see how Spidey sneaks up on him/makes his entrance with Aleksei. Not to mention his quips..

Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #798
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Anyone think the photos of Spidey in winter gear shopping is in the film?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #799
JOE

I hope so, it'd be great!

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 07-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #800
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Tbh, the Giamatti situation looked like such good timing to me. I watched his talk show interview and I was like hm. But when I saw set videos and photos, they made him perfectly fit the universe imo. Like it just works.
What's amazing is how passionate he is about the character. I don't think we ever have to worry about a recast.

Closed Thread