The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #851
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

what if it's a vision by heimdal? Or something?

Think about it. If we are getting into the mythology, and prophecies, what if it's a vision the vanir have or heimdal have

Old 07-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #852
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

It could be so many things, in fact. A vision, an illusion made by Loki...

Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #853
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
It could be so many things, in fact. A vision, an illusion made by Loki...
Yes, this has been one of the theories I have regarded to be most likely

Old 07-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #854
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Any other theories?

Last edited by Thor Odinson; 07-24-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #855
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
He doesn't have to be an older brother, in the same way that Heimdall is not Sif's brother in the movies.
That makes sense if he's just going to be Angry warrior who might butt heads with Thor.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #856
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Lol the old 'Marketing is terrible' line. It's funny how the people talking and complaining about the marketing for movies are the people who matter the least in marketing terms. They're already talking about the film, they're going to see it regardless. So who cares? :P

Old 07-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #857
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Marvel movies need close to no marketing now, anyways. If people see just one commercial or poster to tell them when the movie is in theaters, they will be there.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #858
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Antman are the ones that need more marketing. I mean, I sure the Thor Trailer before Wolverine last night... Everyone cheered at the Marvel Logo and then even louder at the first shot of Thor then brought the house down with Loki... Their marketing is doing it's job perfectly.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #859
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Even Ant-Man has the combination of Edgar Wright and Marvel. If The World's End does as well as Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, I don't think it will be hard to get people to see Ant-Man.

Guardians will probably be a harder sell. But after seeing the footage at Comic Con, I 100% think people will want to see it if they're shown anything that was even close to as good as what Marvel showed there.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #860
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Did anyone catch the IGN interview with Feige where he said that TDW would go deeper into the mythology of the gods, including some mention of Odin's father? I know nothing about that stuff, so it'll be interesting to see.
Sounds awesome, I always wondered if they were going to go deeper into the Asgardians mythology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
does that mean Thor is the third strongest god since one of his sons is stronger than him.
Actually Thor is physically stronger than Odin, just nowhere near as powerful.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #861
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Sounds awesome, I always wondered if they were going to go deeper into the Asgardians mythology.

Actually Thor is physically stronger than Odin, just nowhere near as powerful.
We were not talking about Odin, BigThor, but about the gods who, in myth and comics, are know to have the greatest physical strength.
Those would be Thor, Magnir and Vidar.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #862
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Even Ant-Man has the combination of Edgar Wright and Marvel. If The World's End does as well as Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, I don't think it will be hard to get people to see Ant-Man.

Guardians will probably be a harder sell. But after seeing the footage at Comic Con, I 100% think people will want to see it if they're shown anything that was even close to as good as what Marvel showed there.
Edgar Wright is popular among a smaller cult following. He's not a mainstream director who headlines the movies he makes.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #863
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

I was sort of hoping that they would delve into Thor's parentage, ie the fact(?) that Frigga is his stepmother and Gaia (sp?) is his real momma. Maybe during a conversation between Frigga and Jane they could briefly mention it: "there's a reason why Thor has such a strong connection to your planet..."

Also, why no Balder?

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 07-25-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #864
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Any other theories?
Yes. If this movie is to dive into the mythology, and we know Surtur probably follows, maybe there will be prophecies, or visions by Heimdal. Perhaps it's a vision. Of an event that leads to other events.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #865
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yes. If this movie is to dive into the mythology, and we know Surtur probably follows, maybe there will be prophecies, or visions by Heimdal. Perhaps it's a vision. Of an event that leads to other events.
That's a good one.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #866
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I hope Loki escapes in T:TDW and releases Surtur in the next

Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #867
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
I wonder if the fangirls would still defend him if he did that. LOL.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #868
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
They still love him after leading an alien invasion so he can get away with anything in their eyes.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #869
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Yes I think so lol. Btw found this

Old 07-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #870
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Ok. That seems likely. They edited the big "Noooo!" moment with the footage shown at SDCC. I am not totally against something like this happening. It could be interesting and dramatic. Plus it would quiet the "MARVEL films are no stakes kid films" detractors some. I can go either way really. I like flights of fancy adventure with my superheros. I like big serious dramatic takes on my superheros. I'm lucky that I get both kinds of films now.
I thought there was a lot at stake in IM3. It was certainly darker but mixed with fun and light hearted moments

Old 07-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #871
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
I would like for Loki to be totally absent in the next movie..Not that I dislike him, its just time for Thor to shine on his own without always having to call for help.......

Old 07-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #872
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Bubububut that would mean no Tom.....

Old 07-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #873
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #874
Wontkins
Banned User

Good. The less Tom the better. So sick and tired of hearing about how brilliant that Hiddleston is. Overrated.

Seriously though. Reading about this movie on the internet is a nightmare because no matter where you go, Loki always takes over the discussion. There are so many other interesting aspects of this film that gets overlooked because all people talk about is Tom Hiddleston. I've heard barely any discussion about Tyr, I've heard hardly any discussion about Malekith and his motives, I've heard almost nothing about Algrim/Kurse, every time I go anywhere on the internet that is discussing Thor, its all about Loki.

I really hope he's not in the next one, but then again if he wasn't all the internet would be talking about would be his absence...

Old 07-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #875
Thor Odinson
Banned User

LOL. You'll anger them...

Closed Thread