The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #26
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

I wouldnīt like that at all we are on the same page here. Did you check out the interviews?

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #27
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

eh, I think if it was the time gem, it could work, since it wouldn't really completely alter his might. Plus it would keep Thanos relevant, and there would be a different way of defeating him, opposed to just beating him in a fight, or destroying the AI. But that would dive a bit too much into the comics.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #28
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
eh, I think if it was the time gem, it could work, since it wouldn't really completely alter his might. Plus it would keep Thanos relevant, and there would be a different way of defeating him, opposed to just beating him in a fight, or destroying the AI. But that would dive a bit too much into the comics.
Thatīs one way to do it. Yes hehe could be too much indeed.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #29
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.
 
StreetWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 741
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

It is way too early to launch something as complex as the Infinity Gauntlet. We need a lot more Avengers for that and maybe a two-parter to really do it right.

__________________
"If you shoot, you're a killer. If you don't shoot, you have a death on your conscience. A death you could have prevented"
"What kind of a choice is that?"
"The one I make every time I pull the trigger"
StreetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #30
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Yup. They do have big plans for Thanos tho

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #31
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick
 
L0ngsh0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,001
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Interesting theory. Will be cool to see if this all plays out.

The wrench that I'm going to throw into your theory is that it would seem to me that this would be great if Thanos were the bad guy in Avengers 2, but he's not...

I like the idea that TDW sets up the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. I think what might happen is that it kicks off a multi-movie arc spanning phases 2 and 3 that is Thanos slowly piecing together the Gauntlet movie by movie.


I think it's a really good theory that the whole point of Avengers 1 was to place the tesseract in Odin's chamber so the IG can be obtained by Thanos.

it's tough to say at this point....but I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel has something big in the works like this

__________________
DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Yeah that would be cool wouldnīt it!

The tesseract angel is a neat theory andas you said about it kicking off a multi-movie arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
I think what might happen is that it kicks off a multi-movie arc spanning phases 2 and 3 that is Thanos slowly piecing together the Gauntlet movie by movie.
Itīs just so awesome, It will be very interesting to see if this come to happen!

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #33
Broseph44
We Are Groot
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long Island/Queens NY
Posts: 4,991
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
It is way too early to launch something as complex as the Infinity Gauntlet. We need a lot more Avengers for that and maybe a two-parter to really do it right.
We know this, the IG is something that we will probably see full blown in A3. But it's been confirmed Thanos is in GOTG, so the IG story can start to be hinted at in GOTG and sprinkled throughout phase 3 up to A3.

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #34
Ultron
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 39
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Thanks for the articles Mightyally

I think it would be cool if the point of A1 was to place the tesseract in Odin's chamber, but I feel like they would have made it more obvious, something as simple as a quick shot/scene with Thor placing it....maybe they will after TDW and start to make more obvious clues to it

Spit balling here but I really like the idea of the IG having its own trilogy after A3, everyone has been established, plenty of clues and obvious hints about the IG, that something big is coming....

However, the lifespan and current involvement of certain characters by then would change - Tony Stark would be old and not IM anymore, not to mention the real life problem of him playing the part that long etc.

Just my thoughts

Ultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #35
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
Thanks for the articles Mightyally

I think it would be cool if the point of A1 was to place the tesseract in Odin's chamber, but I feel like they would have made it more obvious, something as simple as a quick shot/scene with Thor placing it....maybe they will after TDW and start to make more obvious clues to it

Spit balling here but I really like the idea of the IG having its own trilogy after A3, everyone has been established, plenty of clues and obvious hints about the IG, that something big is coming....

However, the lifespan and current involvement of certain characters by then would change - Tony Stark would be old and not IM anymore, not to mention the real life problem of him playing the part that long etc.

Just my thoughts
Np!

It would be awesome to have a trilogy about the IG. But as you said, it would be problematic. Thanos and the IG sure needs its sweet time.

But if you think about it, all these movies will be between Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 (this are releases that I estimate)

Gotg 1-2, F4 1-2, Ant-man, Thor 3, Cap 3 and even movies like The Punisher and Deadlpool. Also some X-men/Wolverine movies will come out before Avengers 3.
Thanos defintely has some space to move around in the MCU, even if he is not gonna show up in the punisher lol. But you get the idea

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #36
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Deadpool, F4 are not part of the MCU

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #37
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,093
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
So I heard that someone talked about Ultron getting his hands on an infinity gem.
Possible? Tbh I donīt know how that could happen!

Any thoughts?
I think the Power Gem would work. Being that Ultron's eyes/mouth/energy are classically Red in color.

And that the Power Gem "augments the users physical attributes, such as strength and durability, to near infinite levels, and with mastery can allow the user to mimic the effects of energy based superpowers." which makes sense considering adamantium isn't an option.

And, "It can also be use as an unlimited power supply for any machine." which just screams Ultron.


pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #38
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think the Power Gem would work. Being that Ultron's eyes/mouth/energy are classically Red in color.

And that the Power Gem "augments the users physical attributes, such as strength and durability, to near infinite levels, and with mastery can allow the user to mimic the effects of energy based superpowers." which makes sense considering adamantium isn't an option.

And, "It can also be use as an unlimited power supply for any machine." which just screams Ultron.

well, considering Ultron's face may change... -_-.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #39
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think the Power Gem would work. Being that Ultron's eyes/mouth/energy are classically Red in color.

And that the Power Gem "augments the users physical attributes, such as strength and durability, to near infinite levels, and with mastery can allow the user to mimic the effects of energy based superpowers." which makes sense considering adamantium isn't an option.

And, "It can also be use as an unlimited power supply for any machine." which just screams Ultron.

I donīt know if I want that to happen, and how would Ultron get this gem?
They are looking for places tho shoot the movie in Africa -> Wakanda -> Black Panter -> Vibranium -> no need for adamantium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Deadpool, F4 are not part of the MCU
Yeah thatīs right. Spidey and X-men are also not possible I guessssss

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #40
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,093
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
well, considering Ultron's face may change... -_-.
The logo for AoU is red. I'm taking that as a hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
I donīt know if I want that to happen, and how would Ultron get this gem?
They are looking for places tho shoot the movie in Africa -> Wakanda -> Black Panter -> Vibranium -> no need for adamantium.
Frank Grillo is in AoU. Thus strongly hinting toward the MoE showing up to some degree. Ultron might get the gem from Amora? Who could be getting a surprise intro in Thor:TDW?

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #41
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Ultron could use the power gem because it's the same color as the light that comes out of him?

Oh my God. Seriously guys. Take a day off. I mean are we going to make the infinity gems the mcguffin for everybody and their mother now?


Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-27-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #42
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,093
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Ultron could use the power gem because it's the same color as the light that comes out of him?

Oh my God. Seriously guys. Take a day off. I mean are we going to make the infinity gems the mcguffin for everybody and their mother now?
The hell was the point of saying this?

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #43
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Hehe

I somehow think that the enchantress will return for the third Thor movie. I hope for her and Loki to free Surtur. I donīt really see Loki in AoU so he better play a big part in the third Thor movie because I donīt think his role in the second will be as big as some ppl think.

Okey I will try to approach it from your angel
Lets play with the thought that Ultron actually got a powergem from someone like the enchantress.

First of all, I know you didnīt mean it like the red light comming out from Ultron is to big of a coincidence because the fact that the powergem is the gem Ultron actually could use (unlimted power = dream for a mobile robot). You meant it more like something you can add to a pile of arguments for why itīs possible. But I wouldnīt add that to the pile because Ultron has a red light even without the gem. So thatīs why you got that response.

So someone from Thor like the enchantress takes the IG from Odinīs vault (or picks it up somewhere else). Why would she give it to Ultron?

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #44
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,093
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Hehe

I somehow think that the enchantress will return for the third Thor movie. I hope for her and Loki to free Surtur. I donīt really see Loki in AoU so he better play a big part in the third Thor movie because I donīt think his role in the second will be as big as some ppl think.

Okey I will try to approach it from your angel
Lets play with the thought that Ultron actually got a powergem from someone like the enchantress.

First of all, I know you didnīt mean it like the red light comming out from Ultron is to big of a coincidence because the fact that the powergem is the gem Ultron actually could use (unlimted power = dream for a mobile robot). You meant it more like something you can add to a pile of arguments for why itīs possible. But I wouldnīt add that to the pile because Ultron has a red light even without the gem. So thatīs why you got that response.

So someone from Thor like the enchantress takes the IG from Odinīs vault (or picks it up somewhere else). Why would she give it to Ultron?
Likely to destroy the Avengers/Earth/SHIELD (who currently holds the Mind gem/Loki's scepter) in servitude toward Thanos.

And yeah, it's not like "Oh Ultron must've been powered by the Power Gem in the comics because he is red." I'm not stupid. I'm just saying. If they want to do a successive Infinity Gauntlet arc built up throughout the entire MCU that could be just another fun way to incorporate it.

Anyway, I appreciate your respect. I like to speculate and I feel like I have the right to do so. Even if Rock Sexton doesn't believe as such.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #45
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Absolutely! Speculation is always welcome, itīs one of the best things with this forum imo!

Itīs not that he doesnīt think you have the right to do it. Itīs just that he a very realistic person that doesnīt hold back on his opinions. And when theories are based on lore and possible connections (connections you see becuse you want to see them) instead of more logical patterns that follows realistic events that has occured, he tends to point that out in his own way.

I never thought of that, the scepter is on earth and not in Asgard? I still have hard time seeing Ultron making contact with Thanos/the enchantress. How would they meet? Do you suggest Thanos/his underligns is in some way behind Ultron going crazy?

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #46
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,093
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Absolutely! Speculation is always welcome, itīs one of the best things with this forum imo!

Itīs not that he doesnīt think you have the right to do it. Itīs just that he a very realistic person that doesnīt hold back on his opinions. And when theories are based on lore and possible connections (connections you see becuse you want to see them) instead of more logical patterns that follows realistic events that has occured, he tends to point that out in his own way.

I never thought of that, the scepter is on earth and not in Asgard? I still have hard time seeing Ultron making contact with Thanos/the enchantress. How would they meet? Do you suggest Thanos/his underligns is in some way behind Ultron going crazy?
Well the last time we saw the scepter was in Romanoff's hands. And not in Thor or Loki's when they returned to Asgard.

As far as Thanos/Enchantress, that would be up to writers to decide. I mean, if they were actually going to do it, it's just a matter of making it logical and crowd-pleasing. Having them all be Asgardian in origin kinda fits because we saw the gauntlet in Thor. But in many ways it doesn't fit because how did they leave Odin's treasure vault?

Anyway, it leaves the rest of the gems up for speculation too. Which I enjoy doing. I know when this conversation came up elsewhere a few posters mentioned just having a few be seen in other movies (in this case Mind/Power) and then have the rest already in Thanos' possession. Which I guess would be alright.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #47
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Hmm interesting question. It is indeed important to know how they could have left the vault. Haha you have made me think about all this again!
Last time it ended with me opening this thread. Anyway, what is even more interesting?

This: How did they come to the vault? Since the Gauntlet itself is there, I feel like he must have taken it from Thanos.

It could be that Thanos acquired all gems but the soulgem (Warlock Adam GotG) and the blue gem(The scepter).

So Thanos came for the blue gem (in MCU the blue gem and the Tesseract share a bound and the Tesseract has been associated with Odin in Cap 1 for instance) that Odin possesed.
Thanos lost the IG and fled. Suddenly he sees an opportunity. Loki. Once again he forges a plan to take gems from Odin, only this time not 1 but 4.
In Thor TDW he manages to take the IG + 4 gems by using an army so that he can distract Odin and steal the gems.
This means that He will collect the last gem in Gotg, but one gem remains. The blue mindgem, itīs in the scepter on Earth as you said!

Then we have the A3 plot right there. Btw gonna sleep now so donīt expect a reply for atleast 8-10h


Last edited by Mightyally; 07-27-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #48
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Absolutely! Speculation is always welcome, itīs one of the best things with this forum imo!
You guys aren't even speculating anymore. It's crossed over into fan-fiction. It's dominating every thread right now.

I mean stuff like Ultron have one of the gems because its color matches his?

And again with your scepter theory. If he even had the mind gem (which he didn't), why would Thanos give a piece of his prized Infinity Gauntlet over to Loki? Something as important to his quest as the mind gem would never be handed over to someone clearly beneath him.

Again, there's logical speculation as dictated to us by things that have transpired within the MCU and then there's just fanboys imaginations running wild.


Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-27-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #49
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,093
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Hmm interesting question. It is indeed important to know how they could have left the vault. Haha you have made me think about all this again!
Last time it ended with me opening this thread. Anyway, what is even more interesting?

This: How did they come to the vault? Since the Gauntlet itself is there, I feel like he must have taken it from Thanos.

It could be that Thanos acquired all gems but the soulgem (Warlock Adam GotG) and the blue gem(The scepter).

So Thanos came for the blue gem (in MCU the blue gem and the Tesseract share a bound and the Tesseract has been associated with Odin in Cap 1 for instance) that Odin possesed.
Thanos lost the IG and fled. Suddenly he sees an opportunity. Loki. Once again he forges a plan to take gems from Odin, only this time not 1 but 4.
In Thor TDW he manages to take the IG + 4 gems by using an army so that he can distract Odin and steal the gems.
This means that He will collect the last gem in Gotg, but one gem remains. The blue mindgem, itīs in the scepter on Earth as you said!

Then we have the A3 plot right there. Btw gonna sleep now so donīt expect a reply for atleast 8-10h
Soul Gem is obviously jammed in Magus' forehead. I also like the idea of incorporating the Reality Gem into a Dr. Strange storyline. Whether it's an artifact the Ancient One is interested in or it is actually the reason Strange's brand of magic exists in the MCU... sounds like a good fit to me.

I also kinda wish they found room for Ego the Living Planet in The Dark World and the Space Gem could be the reason for his sentience. Or otherwise "manipulate space as he see's fit." But that one is just a shot in the dark. Pun intended. But that probably won't be the case so they'd have to find some other place for it.

Leaving us with only the Time Gem. And we do know one gent in the MCU who has a reason to travel through time and just needs some method of doing so. Which of course, he may discover on his adventures through the universe:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
You guys aren't even speculating anymore. It's crossed over into fan-fiction. It's dominating every thread right now.
Well, granted this is a thread called "Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story." But I guess you're the one who needs to take a break? Sorry Rock. :/ I'll try harder next time.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #50
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
You guys aren't even speculating anymore. It's crossed over into fan-fiction. It's dominating every thread right now.

I mean stuff like Ultron have one of the gems because its color matches his?

And again with your scepter theory. If he even had the mind gem (which he didn't), why would Thanos give a piece of his prized Infinity Gauntlet over to Loki? Something as important to his quest as the mind gem would never be handed over to someone clearly beneath him.

Again, there's logical speculation as dictated to us by things that have transpired within the MCU and then there's just fanboys imaginations running wild.
Yeah well thatīs you opinion we would like to call this specualte, and we think itīs interesting to hear eachother out and talk some about it!

We talked about this with the red gem lol, read!

Ahh, that is of importance. Loki was king for a while. Couldnīt he have taken the blue gem? Or perhaps he had it before and thatīs why he was able to blind Heimdal?

So Thanos let Loki keep his gem in exchange for help. It could be that Thanos wanted the cube or that he wanted help with busting in to Odinīs vault. I donīt know either way Thanos offered to combine Lokiīs gem with Chitauri tech = the scepter.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.