The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #26
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I want a Batcave that will have "souvenirs" of his previous fights. Like as the movies/franchise goes on, Batman accumulates more and more souvenirs.

The codex plot was kinda weird to me, but I'd love to see Hamilton back... sucks that he bit the dust so soon. Faora was sick but I'm not sure I'd want to see her in JL.
Agreed on the Batcave.

I'd like to see Faora return in a LoD capacity. If there are several kryptonians teaming up with Vandal Savage, Lex or whoever, it would provide a lot of substance for a Justice League movie.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #27
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Do you guys want to see Gordon?

Old 07-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #28
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
If it's in Gotham, I wouldn't mind a cameo, but I don't want him to have a big part. If it's in Metropolis, no because it doesn't fit his story.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #29
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Agreed on the Batcave.

I'd like to see Faora return in a LoD capacity. If there are several kryptonians teaming up with Vandal Savage, Lex or whoever, it would provide a lot of substance for a Justice League movie.
Well I'm certainly not completely opposed to the Faora idea. You're right, it could provide substance.

Quote:
I kinda do... but it's not a necessity for me. Honestly, all I need from Batman's world is Alfred. More of his supporting characters in WF would equalize it with Superman's supporting characters that will likely be returning, though. If he's in there, hopefully it's Cranston.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #30
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I wonder who they'll recast as Alfred as he'll most likely be in this. Michael Caine was great and I can't think of anyone else.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #31
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I also want to see Clark interview Bruce in Wayne Manor. That would be awesome.

Quote:
If it's in Gotham, I wouldn't mind a cameo, but I don't want him to have a big part. If it's in Metropolis, no because it doesn't fit his story.
Even then, they could just show Bruce on the job in Gotham and in the Batcave. I can't see how Gordon would be required, but he'd sure be awesome to see.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #32
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I'm excited for a new Alfred that doesn't have a cockney accent. Hated that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #33
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
I wonder who they'll recast as Alfred as he'll most likely be in this. Michael Caine was great and I can't think of anyone else.
I've heard some people suggest Pierce Brosnan. I really like that pick.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #34
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
I'm excited for a new Alfred that doesn't have a cockney accent. Hated that.
Who would you cast though?

Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #35
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
I've heard some people suggest Pierce Brosnan. I really like that pick.
I don't dig it.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #36
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
I also want to see Clark interview Bruce in Wayne Manor. That would be awesome.

Even then, they could just show Bruce on the job in Gotham and in the Batcave. I can't see how Gordon would be required, but he'd sure be awesome to see.
What I really want out of Gordon is his Year One story. Since that really wouldn't apply to this, I don't need him either.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #37
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
I don't dig it.
The reason that I like it is because it would bring more of a fresh take to Alfred. I'm a sucker for new dynamics. Haha. It could be my downfall.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #38
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Who would you cast though?
Simon Callow or John Cleese.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #39
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Steve Martin!

Old 07-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #40
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
What I really want out of Gordon is his Year One story. Since that really wouldn't apply to this, I don't need him either.
Yeah, I think Gordon can definitely wait until the Batman solo but he'd be cool. I like his Year One story as well.
Quote:
The reason that I like it is because it would bring more of a fresh take to Alfred. I'm a sucker for new dynamics. Haha. It could be my downfall.
I want a more tradtional Alfred, but maybe a fresh take would be interesting. I didn't like the Alfred in Beware the Batman at first, but he's really growing on me.

Quote:
Steve Martin!
LOL... oh god, that would be something else. Can you imagine?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #41
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Do you guys think that they should approach this film in a similar way to how Donner approached the first Lethal Weapon film in terms of how the characters are like with each other in both their first encounter with one another, and ultimately, on how they become good friends and partners out of it?

Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #42
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Will Farrell for Alfred. I think we're done here.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #43
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Do you guys think that they should approach this film in a similar way to how Donner approached the first Lethal Weapon film in terms of how the characters are like with each other in both their first encounter with one another, and ultimately, on how they become good friends and partners out of it?
Yes but with more subtlety. The first Lethal Weapon is pretty much the template for buddy cop movies. I have to keep using this phrase, but I'd like to see their relationship as more "grounded."

Old 07-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #44
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Will Farrell for Alfred. I think we're done here.
Game, set, match.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #45
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

How would you guys feel if they presented Batman in this film, in a way where he was shown in the costume for pretty much the entire time and it isn’t until the very end of the film, after he’s come to respect and even trust Superman, that he unveils himself as being Bruce Wayne in the film?

Old 07-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #46
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
how would you guys feel if they presented batman in this film, in a way where he was shown in the costume for pretty much the entire time and it isnít until the very end of the film, after heís come to respect and even trust superman, that he unveils himself as being bruce wayne in the film?
idk.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #47
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I wouldn't like it. I want to see Bruce Wayne beforehand in the movie interacting with people like Clark, Lex and maybe Lois. I also want to see things like Bruce suiting up as Batman and also just sitting in the Batcave with his suit on but cowl off.

Plus, I think Supes would easily find out who Bruce is early in the movie with some X-Ray. I don't think Bats will have known about the lead thing yet, so there's no way to hide it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #48
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Jett over at BOF just confimed the comic con logo isn't the final product like most of us assumed.
Not me, I assumed it was NOT the final logo. I figured from the get-go it was only a placeholder. And I wasn't the only one.

*splat*

Last edited by Bathead; 07-25-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #49
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I think aside from getting the story right, what will really make or break this film is getting the right actor to play Batman, just three years after Bale gave us his last performance as the caped crusader. If the new guy can’t make people buy and invest him in as Batman, then this film will just be good only on paper in regards to the importance of these two iconic characters meeting.

Aside from Cavil’s own good acting and presence, he was lucky that he didn’t have that much competition when it came to making people forget about our last superman because Brandon didn’t make that much of an impression during his time as superman and that was 7 years before MOS was released.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #50
dario2739
Side-Kick

Quote:

Nah, my choice would be Hugh Laurie, Cleese is too old now, but would've been perfect a few years back.

As for the movie, would love it to open with the scene of Superman and Zod crashing into the Wayne Industries satellite - but from the perspective of the satellite... then on impact, the screen to rewind to a few seconds before... then have the scene zoom out to reveal that it is actually video footage from the satellite on a screen in the Batcave, with Bruce studying the footage of the two Kryptonians over and over... before then turning to Alfred, telling him to pack his things, he's going to Metropolis!

Closed Thread