The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 07-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
the last son
Side-Kick

Default What's the worst that can happen?

The only key to this movie is getting Batman right. If you get him wrong we are toast. You have to get his personality to the actor correct. If not Batman reboot will suffer, justice league won't happen and possibly the end, of cavill as superman. If wrong superman may forever be doomed in movies. It's time to knock one out of the park with him. What do you all believe is the worst that can happen?

Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Default Re: What's the worst that can happen?

The worst to me would be Superman turning into what he was on the JL animated show. In short, his character went from savior and diplomat of the world to naive brute.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
vrivasfl
Side-Kick

Taking a page from Schumacher.

vrivasfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
dmc
Side-Kick

The worst thing that can happen is they don't get it right and we end up with a batman and robin. And the DC film universe will die a swift death. No true superman sequel, no batman reboot like you said and absolutely no JL.

On the other hand if they get it right, it'll probably decimate the box office.

dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Blitzkrieg Bop
I made you.

The worst that can happen is that this movie will suck. It's going to make bank at the BO and some sort of follow up will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Indeed. That's what female power looks like, folks. Those are the ass cheeks of justice.
Blitzkrieg Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

That it sucks.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
ZaneOlson
Side-Kickin'

The worst that could happen for me is having to many stories. That and an emo Batman or Superman, a stupid love triangle, three villains, a musical number or a just flat out stupid characters. I think what I'm trying to say is stay the hell away from the problems in Spider-man 3.

ZaneOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
the last son
Side-Kick

The box office will already do numbers, I just how they don't change the tone of it. I don't think they will though

Old 07-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #9
smallville fan
Hero

1) Batman beats Superman.
2) Batman upstages Superman.
3) People walk away from the movie hating on Superman.
4) Henry Cavill being hated on for beating Batman by the "too young and too dumb Batman fans" quoting AngryJoe.
5) The script and general plot direction sucks due to the insertion of the Goddamn Batman.
6) This movie becomes an "Iron Man 2" where the need to showcase the DC Universe outweighs the general quality.
7) Stuff MOS leads to aren't followed up on properly. Examples include Lex Luthor, a day in the life of Clark Kent, the Daily Planet, the Clark/Lois romance.
8) The script being poor and reducing the worth of certain characters, Superman being most at risk here.
9) Creating a 3 way love triangle between Bruce/Lois/Clark
10) The entire movie being set around Batman fighting Superman leading to 1-4. To quote AngryJoe again, both of these men should not be fighting. They are greatest pair of friends even before the likes of Kirk & Spock and many other great friendships in fiction. Both of these people are stronger if they combine for the greater good and take down the real bad guys like Lex Luthor etc. They should consider this if they are going to lead to JL.
11) They choose the worst source material for ideas like The Dark Knight Returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
The only key to this movie is getting Batman right. If you get him wrong we are toast. You have to get his personality to the actor correct. If not Batman reboot will suffer, justice league won't happen and possibly the end, of cavill as superman. If wrong superman may forever be doomed in movies. It's time to knock one out of the park with him. What do you all believe is the worst that can happen?
I wouldn't be too worried about how Batman is characterized. He has many movies under his belt people could go off. Plus it's generally easier to do Batman compared to others as he's human etc etc. It's Superman we should all be worried about.

Last edited by smallville fan; 07-25-2013 at 05:32 PM.
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #10
ZaneOlson
Side-Kickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
1) Batman beats Superman.
2) Batman upstages Superman.
3) People walk away from the movie hating on Superman.
4) Henry Cavill being hated on for beating Batman by the "too young and too dumb Batman fans" quoting AngryJoe.
5) The script and general plot direction sucks due to the insertion of the Goddamn Batman.
6) This movie becomes an "Iron Man 2" where the need to showcase the DC Universe outweighs the general quality.
7) Stuff MOS leads to aren't followed up on properly. Examples include Lex Luthor, a day in the life of Clark Kent, the Daily Planet, the Clark/Lois romance.
8) The script being poor and reducing the worth of certain characters, Superman being most at risk here.
9) Creating a 3 way love triangle between Bruce/Lois/Clark
10) The entire movie being set around Batman fighting Superman leading to 1-4. To quote AngryJoe again, both of these men should not be fighting. They are greatest pair of friends even before the likes of Kirk & Spock and many other great friendships in fiction. Both of these people are stronger if they combine for the greater good and take down the real bad guys like Lex Luthor etc. They should consider this if they are going to lead to JL.
I think your forgetting the comics. Superman is stronger and faster. But Batman beats him every time because he's no-holds-barred. It probably true Superman lets him win because he's afraid of killing him, but that is a weakness.

ZaneOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #11
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

The worst thing that can happen is that Goyer and Snyder go into ths overconfident because of the Superman/Batman element and fail to get the script right .
But I do NOT think that will happen.

Last edited by Mysteryman; 07-25-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Mysteryman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #12
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
That it sucks.
If it's boring that's even worse IMO. As movies that suck can be enjoyable.

ares834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #13
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneOlson View Post
I think your forgetting the comics. Superman is stronger and faster. But Batman beats him every time because he's no-holds-barred. It probably true Superman lets him win because he's afraid of killing him, but that is a weakness.
Those comics are non-canon most likely. Batman has never beaten Superman. Just watch the video from start to end. Honestly this has to be the tenth time I had to share this video around in Superman vs Batman arguments.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Worst can happen is that we never get that solo Superman sequel.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Worst can happen is that we never get that solo Superman sequel.
I really, really want to get that direct sequel to get a little deeper into the his rogues gallery, I'd be disappointed if this is all that Superman gets. Even if we don't, I still feel like JL is a lock, so at least it won't be the last of the character.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #16
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Worst that can happen is that the film sucks for us. Now, the worst that can happen to Goyer and Snyder when it comes to their reception within the comic book community, well that’s something that I’d wish upon no one.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #17
Lackadaisical

Luke Evans gets cast as Batman.

Lackadaisical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #18
kpryde

I think the worst thing that could happen would be to make this Batman similar to Nolan's Batman.

kpryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpryde View Post
I think the worst thing that could happen would be to make this Batman similar to Nolan's Batman.
Why is that a bad thing? Nolan's Batman was pretty good.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
Lackadaisical

^Except the voice. Everything else was good.

Lackadaisical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
Sabaoth
Master

The worst thing that could happen is that the movie is so successful that they decide to make Batman Vs Superman 2.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #22
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

the worst thing is if they do dark knight returns story or characterizations. there's no need. the MOS superman isn't a government lapdog especially if he crashes a drone just to prove a point.this new batman probably won't be a fascist who goes against everything he believed in(no guns, no killing(attempted to snap the joker's neck)).

snyder loves violence for the sake of violence. rorschach's flashback would've been so meaningful if they used the scene from the comics, not taking a cleaver to the bad guy's head multiple times.

story over action, but that doesn't mean no action.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #23
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Snyder being involved is already a set back.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #24
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneOlson View Post
The worst that could happen for me is having to many stories. That and an emo Batman or Superman, a stupid love triangle, three villains, a musical number or a just flat out stupid characters. I think what I'm trying to say is stay the hell away from the problems in Spider-man 3.
TWO stupid love triangles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #25
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

The better question is what's the best thing that could happen. For the worst outcomes possible, I don't even know where to start.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote