The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #876
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontkins View Post
Good. The less Tom the better. So sick and tired of hearing about how brilliant that Hiddleston is. Overrated.

Seriously though. Reading about this movie on the internet is a nightmare because no matter where you go, Loki always takes over the discussion. There are so many other interesting aspects of this film that gets overlooked because all people talk about is Tom Hiddleston. I've heard barely any discussion about Tyr, I've heard hardly any discussion about Malekith and his motives, I've heard almost nothing about Algrim/Kurse, every time I go anywhere on the internet that is discussing Thor, its all about Loki.

I really hope he's not in the next one, but then again if he wasn't all the internet would be talking about would be his absence...

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #877
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

I wrote earlier that It´s Tyr´s hand getting chopped. That was posted along with text about norse mythology. In the mythology Fenris, the son of Loki, bites off Tyr´s hand.

Thanos pulling strings. Malekith is working "with" him.

Yes he is overrated as an actor maybe. As a person he deserves it all, but hey that´s just one mans opinion

I don´t think he has taken over this thread hehe

Old 07-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #878
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I agree though, after this one, he should be save for a Masters of Evil plot
or even better, as the man behind the MoE, a la Avengers:EMH

Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #879
Moonwing
Side-Kick

I have to partially agree with Wontkins. This SDCC,in particular, was hell to me because of all this constant "swooning&squiiining" and bushing on other actors by Tom fangirls for not caring for the movie. Uggghhh -_-.

Sometimes I think that movie with marvel logo and RDJ and TH in costumes just standing in front of a white screen for 2+ hours while having general conversation will be enough to make hell of a money.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #880
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
I have to partially agree with Wontkins. This SDCC,in particular, was hell to me because of all this constant "swooning&squiiining" and bushing on other actors by Tom fangirls for not caring for the movie. Uggghhh -_-.

Sometimes I think that movie with marvel logo and RDJ and TH in costumes just standing in front of a white screen for 2+ hours while having general conversation will be enough to make hell of a money.
Haha!

Be happy that you can go to SDCC!

Old 07-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #881
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Good. The less Tom the better. So sick and tired of hearing about how brilliant that Hiddleston is. Overrated.

Seriously though. Reading about this movie on the internet is a nightmare because no matter where you go, Loki always takes over the discussion. There are so many other interesting aspects of this film that gets overlooked because all people talk about is Tom Hiddleston. I've heard barely any discussion about Tyr, I've heard hardly any discussion about Malekith and his motives, I've heard almost nothing about Algrim/Kurse, every time I go anywhere on the internet that is discussing Thor, its all about Loki.

I really hope he's not in the next one, but then again if he wasn't all the internet would be talking about would be his absence...

Well, this thread is really good for covering all aspects of the movie. How far back did you read exactly? The discussion is always changing and the other characters have been mentioned quite a bit. So don't lump us in with the other sites that you go to.

However, if you went into the Tom Hiddleston thread and expected not to read about TH, then that's your own fault.

That being said, it's not TH's fault that fangirls can get crazy. He's a good actor and an awesome Loki and he seems like a pretty cool guy. You just don't like him because you don't like his fans. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #882
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Not sure if this has been posted yet (apologies if it has)

Thor Smashes Onto Smartphones & Tablets in Official Game

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 07-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #883
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post

Sweet!

Old 07-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #884
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

To me Loki and Thor are a package deal, not because of Loki in and of himself but because Thor brings with him his entire world. Balder, Odin, Sif , The Warriors 3, Hela, Karnilla, Enchantress... The best Thor stories are almost always about Thor and his world. I can see a great Superman/Batman/Spidey story in any medium not even touching on their supporting cast. With Thor I would feel cheated if I did'nt get some of his Asgardian allies and enemies.

Tom's doing great as Loki, but on the THOR threads here he's far from dominating the convo.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #885
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
To me Loki and Thor are a package deal, not because of Loki in and of himself but because Thor brings with him his entire world. Balder, Odin, Sif , The Warriors 3, Hela, Karnilla, Enchantress... The best Thor stories are almost always about Thor and his world. I can see a great Superman/Batman/Spidey story in any medium not even touching on their supporting cast. With Thor I would feel cheated if I did'nt get some of his Asgardian allies and enemies.

Tom's doing great as Loki, but on the THOR threads here he's far from dominating the convo.
Well said. The whole universe of Thor is fascinating; one of the things that set him apart from other characters.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #886
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post

If only we could get a good Thor game for consoles.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #887
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

A thor game where you fight your way through the 9 realms. Like Dantes Inferno or God of war.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #888
Wontkins
Banned User

Marvel has REALLY dropped the ball on their video games. A Thor video game, a Captain America video game, an Iron Man video game, Hulk video game, they could all be AMAZING, but they go and give them to Sega or something so we can only get games you can play on your phone. Absolutely ridiculous.

And the Avengers game that was in development gets cancelled.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #889
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:

If Surtur is around, no Loki would be an injustice. I want my "For myself" moment.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #890
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
If Surtur is around, no Loki would be an injustice. I want my "For myself" moment.
True. It's a classic!

Old 07-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #891
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Marvel should produce games that are independent of the movies. Movie tie ins are always terrible. They should take some of the billions theyre raking in from their movies and set up a studio to create top shelf games based on their stable of characters. Games that are on par with Arkham Asylum (et al).

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 07-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #892
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

If I remember right was not that moment at the end of an issue, like the LAST page? It was supposed to tease the reader for the throwdown next issue right?

Chris, Tom and Sir Anthony doing that on screen is just made for the trailer. If not this film then the follow up. I can just see it now.

If somebody could convince Sir Anthony to go to a Con it would be insane fan service for Chris, Tom and he to say those lines out loud to the audience.

Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 07-25-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #893
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Marvel should produce games that are independent of the movies. Movie tie ins are always terrible. They should take some of the billions theyre raking in from their movies and set up a studio to create top shelf games based on their stable of characters. Games that are on par with Arkham Asylum (et al).
That's what I was thinking. I don't want tie ins because they are always so generic and rushed. Superhero games in general are pretty lackluster other than a few gems.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #894
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
That's what I was thinking. I don't want tie ins because they are always so generic and rushed. Superhero games in general are pretty lackluster other than a few gems.
I would literally kill for a Thor game that follows the story of some classic arcs. Literally, would kill. Literally.

watch out

Old 07-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #895
Namor!
The Submariner!!!

I want a game like Injustice Gods Among Us with Marvel characters. That would be one game I would never trade in.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:04 AM   #896
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namor! View Post
I want a game like Injustice Gods Among Us with Marvel characters. That would be one game I would never trade in.
From what I've seen it's an amazing game, and I love the story too.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #897
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

They made a very nice Wolverine game for 360

Old 07-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #898
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Quote:
...maybe there will be prophecies, or visions by Heimdal. Perhaps it's a vision. Of an event that leads to other events
What events?

Old 07-26-2013, 05:58 AM   #899
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

A vision of Heimdal that shows Thor´s hand getting cut off. That event leads to other events that is Ragnarök! Nah I don´t know actually what he meant but there are really much to exploit from the Thor comics!

Old 07-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #900
Namor!
The Submariner!!!

What's the budget for this movie?

Closed Thread