The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #776
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I don't even want any of the public to know Batman exists. I'd like to see him just be a myth among the police. Maybe he catches someone like Zsasz and he's the one that said that he was caught by the Batman. That would give him a name but keep him a mystery moving forward.
I would love that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #777
dmc
Side-Kick

Quote:
Imagine how popular Deathstroke would be after something like that. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
THAT FIGHT WOULD BE EXCELLENT..
I could see Snyder using his trademark slo-mo for this.

dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #778
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Honestly, I want to see as much of the new Batman/Bruce in this as possible to wash out Nolan's Batman for me. But not so much that it overshadows Superman/Clark. I want them both to be explored equally.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #779
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post
Definitely, and it wouldn't be frowned upon.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #780
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Definitely, and it wouldn't be frowned upon.
*Flashes back to happy memories of Watchman*

Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #781
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Good times, good times.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #782
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's a direct sequel by nature but this is a different animal from what MOS2 would have been. This is not MOS2 with Batman featuring. It's a Superman/Batman movie. I expect MOS2 to eventually show up down the line.
Well, another solo film will happen by the end of the decade. Im assuming it will be with Brainiac or Doomsday depending on the JLA situation. But this Batman/Superman movie will have everything MOS 2 was going to have anyway. It was originally going to expand on him becoming more of the true Superman, learning from his mistakes with his Zod fight, bringing in Lex somehow and digging into the classic Clark Kent of Daily Planet. All of this is still happening. I bet they felt that it wasn't enough, they needed much more as a story and to top the first movie. So with the Wayne Enterprises easter egg in MOS that got EVERYONE talking...plus WB wanting to take steps towards a Justice League...they most likely looked at each other (Snyder and Goyer) and said "why don't we just do a Batman/Superman movie at the center of all of this Daily Planet, Lex stuff???).

This is the MOS sequel. Nothing has changed. Everything we would have had will be in this except this is not only the smart move to get to JLA, since WB wanted to get there sooner and Zack said no! it's too soon! But it's also much more exciting and fresh than just pumping out the standard Superman vs Lex movie that we've seen so many times before.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #783
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well one thing's for sure, I want Batman and Superman to be the two leading foundations responsible for the creation and conception of the Justice League. As someone had once pointed out, the thing that separates the Justice League from the likes of the Avengers was that the Avengers was a croup/idea conceived by the government in the MCU that recruited heroes after having seen on what they could do.

The Justice League is a group that was formed unanimously by the core group of heroes from the League based on the notion/belief that they could do more good for the world as a team than as individuals.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #784
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Well, another solo film will happen by the end of the decade. Im assuming it will be with Brainiac or Doomsday depending on the JLA situation. But this Batman/Superman movie will have everything MOS 2 was going to have anyway. It was originally going to expand on him becoming more of the true Superman, learning from his mistakes with his Zod fight, bringing in Lex somehow and digging into the classic Clark Kent of Daily Planet. All of this is still happening. I bet they felt that it wasn't enough, they needed much more as a story and to top the first movie. So with the Wayne Enterprises easter egg in MOS that got EVERYONE talking...plus WB wanting to take steps towards a Justice League...they most likely looked at each other (Snyder and Goyer) and said "why don't we just do a Batman/Superman movie at the center of all of this Daily Planet, Lex stuff???).

This is the MOS sequel. Nothing has changed. Everything we would have had will be in this except this is not only the smart move to get to JLA, since WB wanted to get there sooner and Zack said no! it's too soon! But it's also much more exciting and fresh than just pumping out the standard Superman vs Lex movie that we've seen so many times before.
I think everything you've said is on point. I do think there will be a Batman villain working with Lex, though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #785
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I think everything you've said is on point. I do think there will be a Batman villain working with Lex, though.
I kind of hope so as well, and if it does pan out that way, I hope it's Slade. He just seems like the perfect choice at the moment and his presence could further solidify that this isn't the previous batman.

Plus, I think having someone competent for Batman to deal with on his level would allow more of a chance for Superman to take on his villain (i'm assuming that lex will have some villain with powers at his disposal) on his own, thus not rifling as many feathers here if we were forced to see Batman be the one to take down someone that Superman couldn't.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #786
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Agreed.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #787
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Having Superman and Batman fight alongside each to take on their enemies would prove to be more epic than some of the other tag team battles that I've seen an good amount of people enjoy in the past:

1. Spider-Man and New Goblin vs Venom and Sandman

2. Vin Diesal and the Rock vs Big ass thugs

3. Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes vs Cobra

4. Wolverine and Sabertooth vs Deadpool

Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #788
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Having Superman and Batman fight alongside each to take on their enemies would prove to be more epic than some of the other tag team battles that I've seen an good amount of people enjoy in the past:

I'd love to see Superman vs Lex in Zod's battlesuit while Batman faces off against Deathstroke. Oh boy..

Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #789
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post

You know all this how? The script hasn't even been written yet. We can only judge this movie based on what they did with MOS, and based on that, I have my doubts this movie will deliver as it should.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #790
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

The facts that we have are that it takes place after MoS and brings a new Batman into the MoS universe. Everything else is pure speculation, but some things can be considered pretty safe bets. For example, I think that we can safely assume that Lex will be included. I feel like we can also assume that there will be an initial confrontation between Supes and Bats.

Oh and the summer of 2015 is the targeted release.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #791
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

so is kryptonite going to be a major plot point? k-nite and luthor are like bacon and eggs in the movie universe.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #792
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
so is kryptonite going to be a major plot point? k-nite and luthor are like bacon and eggs in the movie universe.
I really hope that it doesn't turn into one of those things where kryptonite is the real threat. I don't mind if it's used as long as it's not the biggest threat to Superman. My hope is that Lex uses Zod's battlesuit to fight Superman hand-to-hand instead of the green cop-out.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #793
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
You know all this how? The script hasn't even been written yet. We can only judge this movie based on what they did with MOS, and based on that, I have my doubts this movie will deliver as it should.
I know this because Goyer and Snyder have both talked about this a few times over the last month and a half.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #794
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
God I hope not. Kryptonite should stay out of the movies IMO. I'd rather see creative plots from the villains rather than have them just wave around a glowing rock.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #795
shauner111
Side-Kick

Don't set yourself up for disappointment Ares834 because I believe Zack has said both Lex and kryptonite exist but just weren't introduced in MOS.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #796
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

I hope this wasn't posted already,if so,sorry.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/25...perman-actors/

The Ironstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #797
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

The Batmobile. It has to be in this movie. Dying to see a new version that isn't the Tumbler or bat-pod.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Batplane. It would be cool to see Batman battling Superman in the sky with that plane.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #798
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Honestly, I want to see as much of the new Batman/Bruce in this as possible to wash out Nolan's Batman for me. But not so much that it overshadows Superman/Clark. I want them both to be explored equally.
It's never going to be washed out trust me. I think we all have friends who fit into the general movie-going audience category yes? Most are devastated that Bale/JGL isn't going to be Batman. I don't blame them, they don't know any better, whereas I'm dancing on Cloud 9. I've said this before somewhere but many of the GA and even James Franco even pointed out the "heartlessness"(not sure if that's the right word here) of the studios in rebooting Spider-Man and slammed it because they moved on before Raimi's Spider-Man really became nostalgic. That was a 5 year gap between the movies, and Amazing Spider-Man got grilled like that. Imagine what a 3 year gap would do.

As for ratio of screen time between Superman & Batman, I'd say a 60/40 ratio seems best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Quote:
I'd love to see Superman vs Lex in Zod's battlesuit while Batman faces off against Deathstroke. Oh boy..
I mentioned this somewhere before, but what would be interesting and a decent challenge for choreographers would be to incorporate an in-sync fighting style with both Batman & Superman. With Batman, it's easy, but with Superman, the choreographers would have the challenge of visualizing many of the trademark powers within the fight scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
I hope this wasn't posted already,if so,sorry.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/25...perman-actors/
Saw that, it was a good laugh. Would've been funnier if Tom Welling or Henry Cavill appeared.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #799
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
The Batmobile. It has to be in this movie. Dying to see a new version that isn't the Tumbler or bat-pod.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Batplane. It would be cool to see Batman battling Superman in the sky with that plane.
type public enemies supes and bats flying

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #800
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
It's never going to be washed out trust me. I think we all have friends who fit into the general movie-going audience category yes? Most are devastated that Bale/JGL isn't going to be Batman. I don't blame them, they don't know any better, whereas I'm dancing on Cloud 9. I've said this before somewhere but many of the GA and even James Franco even pointed out the "heartlessness"(not sure if that's the right word here) of the studios in rebooting Spider-Man and slammed it because they moved on before Raimi's Spider-Man really became nostalgic. That was a 5 year gap between the movies, and Amazing Spider-Man got grilled like that. Imagine what a 3 year gap would do.

As for ratio of screen time between Superman & Batman, I'd say a 60/40 ratio seems best.
I'm mainly just wanting to wash away Nolan's Batman for myself. I know the GA will have a problem with a new Batman so soon, but it's what I've been waiting for since... well, Begins. I think the GA will get past this Batman business when they see trailers for WF, but I said the same about TASM and was proven wrong. Then again, TASM wasn't the movie I expected it to be either. Good, not great.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.