The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #51
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
Black Widow, Scarlet Witch...

Does this mean no Ms. Marvel?

EDIT: Wasp is probably out too if there's no Pym...
Ms. Marvel was HIGHLY doubtful from the beginning.

At this point, it seems much more likely that Carol will introduced in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. only for her to appear in the films later.

As far a Janet goes, she was featured in the original script for the first, but there is really no place for her in this new film.

She is, most likely, being saved for Ant-Man.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #52
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

At this point, it seems much more likely that Carol will introduced in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. only for her to appear in the films later.

As far a Janet goes, she was featured in the original script for the first, but there is really no place for her in this new film.

yep

Old 07-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #53
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Did anyone remember this episode of Buffy?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0533446/

Season 5, Episode 15 (I Was Made to Love You)

Don't forget about I, Robot... You, Jane ..."if you're not jacked in, you're not alive!"

Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #54
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #55
BobJM
Who's Bad?

I think it'd be cool if Ultron hacks SHIELD or something and releases formerly imprisoned MCU villains (Abomination, Crossbones, SW & Quicksilver, and maybe others) and that keeps the Avengers pretty busy until Ultron starts goin nuts and the siblings go good and help save the day.

That way, MoE fans can get what they want.

I'm excited either way; I was 100% and already set that we were getting Thanos

Old 07-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #56
Loki882
Side-Kick

Whedon has said that Black Widow will play a "huge" role in the sequel. He says that he loves her because she's an anti-hero. I wonder if they will tie her past into Ultron somehow. As a huge BW fan, this news makes me very happy.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #57
samsnee
Side-Kick

I wonder if Hawkeye will be left out? You would think with the role he had in the last one, they'd want to give him something meatier this time around, but it doesn't sound like it.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #58
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
I wonder if Hawkeye will be left out? You would think with the role he had in the last one, they'd want to give him something meatier this time around, but it doesn't sound like it.
What are you talking about? Joss Whedon already said that Hawkeye plays a big role in TA:AOU, and that he loves that character.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 07-25-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #59
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
Chaos Magic Reality Warping: Scarlet Witch's main power is the superhuman ability to manipulate chaos magic, given to her by the demon Chthon (imprisoned within Wundagore Mountain) when she was born. Her hexes were, by extension, simple, indirect manifestations of this magic, destabilizing probabilities by inducing chaos.
  • Hex Bolts: Initially, the Scarlet Witch had the ability to manipulate probability via her "hexes" (often manifesting physically as "hex spheres" or "hex bolts"). These hexes are relatively short range, and are limited to her line of sight. Casting a hex requires a gesture and concentration on her part, though the gestures are largely a focus for the concentration. Early in her career, her hexes were unconscious on her part, and would be automatically triggered whenever she made a particular gesture, regardless of her intent. These hexes would only manifest "bad luck" effects. She later gained enough control over her powers that her powers only work when she wants them to, and they are not limited to negative effects. She can use her hexes to light flammable objects, contain or remove air from a particular volume, deflect objects, stop the momentum of projectiles, open doors, explode objects, create force fields and deflect magical attacks, molecular composition and physical state of physical objects, negate or distort physical laws, and to cause various forms of energy to spontaneously appear or disappear.
Chthon. His Alias...The Other

MCU's The Other

I think it's possible, we may be looking at the first Elder God of the MCU.

I also think that he's not as much as "Thanos' *****" as I did before...there is something very mysterious about that character..I mean, before we saw the movie, no one had ANY idea who..or what he is. Only character in the MCU so far that isn't really identified.

Quote:
What are you talking about? Joss Whedon already said that Hawkeye plays a big role in TA:AOU, and that he loves that character.
In all honesty, it wouldn't bother me at all if he wasn't in the sequel, aside from the sake of Renner, cause I like him

Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #60
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

I could care less about having Hawkeye as I didn't care for the character in the film. I was surprised to find that other people liked him lol

Old 07-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #61
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Chthon. His Alias...The Other

MCU's The Other

I think it's possible, we may be looking at the first Elder God of the MCU.

I also think that he's not as much as "Thanos' *****" as I did before...there is something very mysterious about that character..I mean, before we saw the movie, no one had ANY idea who..or what he is. Only character in the MCU so far that isn't really identified.

In all honesty, it wouldn't bother me at all if he wasn't in the sequel, aside from the sake of Renner, cause I like him

There was never any confirmation of that.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #62
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
There was never any confirmation of that.
Confirmation of what? There doesn't have to be any confirmation, I am just speculating lol

Old 07-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #63
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I love me some Black Widow. I had a huge fantasy crush on the character as a teenager. It was probably a combo of the artists drawing her (Perez and Lee did incredible versions of her) as well as her USSR origins. What can I say, I was a child during the Reagan Admin. Tasha had the allure of the forbidden fruit. And though I am NOT a ScarJo fan in the least I enjoyed what Whedon did immensely. But... I don't want to see her taking up too much room in AGE OF ULTRON. Sorry, but there is already too much to cover in a satisfying way I think. The Maximoffs, and Ultron (possibly Vision) and giving Clint his due, and continuing the dynamic between Cap, Thor and Tony, and dealing with possible fallout of the plots for Thor and Cap's follow up films, and..... As much as I love BW for being an awesome badass character, I honestly would prefer her to not be included. Hearing this news for just one second gave me a TDKRises vibe of having way too much for one film. Then I remembered who is doing the writing and directing, and it's Mister Ensemble himself. Still.... It has me a little worried.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #64
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Confirmation of what? There doesn't have to be any confirmation, I am just speculating lol
Ah. NVM then.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #65
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I never noticed that he has two thumbs on each hand.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #66
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
I never noticed that he has two thumbs on each hand.

THANOS: Other, why are you just laying around just sitting on your thumbs?!!

OTHER: It's cool boss-man... I GOT A SPARE SET!

Old 07-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #67
Broseph44
We Are Groot

I thought the other although not in the film all that much, was pretty badass and creepy.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #68
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Ah. NVM then.
I am trying to put a finger on who The Other is, from the avengers. On casting, and such, he's referred to as "The Other"...

The Elder god from 616 Chthon, went by a few aliases I believe.."The Other" was one of them..and it just so happens this "The Other" character from the MCU looks pretty similar to Chthon from the comics, so I was suggesting that this being that we saw with Thanos could possibly be Chthon?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #69
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Whedon described Black Widow's role in AoU as "killer."

Could he mean to...kill her?! Let the discussion begin!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:14 AM   #70
Loki882
Side-Kick

I got a sith lord vibe from The Other myself. Also, it will be nice to see Wanda in the film. At the moment, we have exactly ONE female superhero in the MCU (BW). Two is better.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:03 AM   #71
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I think he has his own motives, and he's probably not just a subordinate of Thanos

Old 07-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #72
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Thanos has always had allies in the comics that were forces to be reckoned with in their own right, also with their own agendas. I am not 100% on this carrying over to the MCU, but it would be consistent with the character's origin.

Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 07-26-2013 at 02:22 AM. Reason: missing word
Old 07-26-2013, 02:22 AM   #73
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I got a sith lord vibe from The Other myself. Also, it will be nice to see Wanda in the film. At the moment, we have exactly ONE female superhero in the MCU (BW). Two is better.
I love that threat he gave Loki about Thanos.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:28 AM   #74
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
I love that threat he gave Loki about Thanos.

Some thought that it was too over the top and "comic booky". I felt it was perfect and the actor delivered it great. Hell yeah it was over the top. It was a representative of an evil Eternal from Titan threatening a Norse god in the middle of space via astral projection. Subtlety went out the window a long time ago in that situation.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #75
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:

We don't even know if Janet is Wasp in Ant-Man because Edgar Wright was pretty vague about her role in Ant-Man when he talked about her character. I think we might get a set up kind of thing like we got with Rhodey in Iron Man.

Last edited by chamber-music; 07-26-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Closed Thread