The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #26
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: What's the worst that can happen?

Worst possible outcomes:
1. Pacing problems (again).
2. Superman being upstaged by Batman.
3. Batman being underdeveloped.
4. Action scenes that make you think "wtf is going on".
5. A love triangle between Lois, Clark and Bruce.
6. Batnipples.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #27
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Pretty sure the last one wont happen.
The rest, who knows ?

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #28
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Pretty sure the last one wont happen.
The rest, who knows ?
Then I'll replace it with, a love triangle between Lois, Clark and Metallo.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:47 AM   #29
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
The better question is what's the best thing that could happen. For the worst outcomes possible, I don't even know where to start.
If there's one good thing that could really make me approve of the new Batman and maybe the movie in general is if something like this could happen:

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:32 AM   #30
bluearth
Side-Kick

Anything but an A list star gets cast as Batman. Warner Brothers needs to outbid Disney (Episode VII) over Ryan Gosling rights

Snyder and Goyer listen to critics too much, so Superman becomes a boyscout that saves cats from trees while educating the public about the safety of airplanes and subways. And no fight lasts longer then 30 seconds. When Superman gets knocked into walls he bounces off them.

The movie makes too big of a deal out of the destruction in Metropolis

Superman is hated by almost everyone on earth

Critics (Richard Roeper for one) continue their irrational hatred of Zack Snyder films. They pan the character development AGAIN depsite the fact most other comic book movies dont do a better job. They pan the amount of CGI AGAIN despite the fact theres similar amounts in other comic book films.

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #31
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Anything but an A list star gets cast as Batman. Warner Brothers needs to outbid Disney (Episode VII) over Ryan Gosling rights
I call Hogwash over Gosling/Efron getting parts in Episode VII.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #32
bluearth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I call Hogwash over Gosling/Efron getting parts in Episode VII.
I dont believe it that much either but Gosling is a big target for many right now. I know hes talked about taking a break from acting etc but its going to be hard for him to turn down a 2 movie deal from Warner Brothers that includes Worlds Finest and Justice League with him getting 30,000,000+ per film and maybe even a percentage of the entire film's gross

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #33
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dont believe it that much either but Gosling is a big target for many right now. I know hes talked about taking a break from acting etc but its going to be hard for him to turn down a 2 movie deal from Warner Brothers that includes Worlds Finest and Justice League with him getting 30,000,000+ per film and maybe even a percentage of the entire film's gross

How can he take a break from acting when he never started?

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:15 AM   #34
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

1.Batman & Superman spend more time at odds than as partners
2.No A list villain.(We need more than just Lex.He's a given.Preferably a Batman villain)
3 Bruce doesn't interact with Clark (outside the "suits")
4 Bruce doesn't get to interact with Lois
5 Lois doesn't have an important enough role.
6 Jimmy Olson gets the shaft.Again.
7 Alfred should make an appearance.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #35
Sup3rman81
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
1.Batman & Superman spend more time at odds than as partners
2.No A list villain.(We need more than just Lex.He's a given.Preferably a Batman villain)
3 Bruce doesn't interact with Clark (outside the "suits")
4 Bruce doesn't get to interact with Lois
5 Lois doesn't have an important enough role.
6 Jimmy Olson gets the shaft.Again.
7 Alfred should make an appearance.
I can see #1 happening at first but it wont be the entire movie. They have to become friends or partners in order for JLA to work. Cavill has already said there will be a villain(s) in the movie. I do not see Batman as the villain. Snyder is directing it and MOS was his movie, no way Batman upstages Superman. That would be Snyder killing his own creation and I dont think he is that dumb. I am sure Lois and Clark will have more of a role than in MOS. I am sure we will get to see Bruce, whoever they hire is the new Batman so we need are going to be seeing him for some time. I do not see Alfred in this movie. This isnt a Batman movie and side characters do not need to be brought into this from Gotham. I am sure Gotham wont even be part of this movie unless Lex visits. I see Bruce coming to Metropolis.

Sup3rman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #36
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneOlson View Post
I think your forgetting the comics. Superman is stronger and faster. But Batman beats him every time because he's no-holds-barred. It probably true Superman lets him win because he's afraid of killing him, but that is a weakness.
You're reading different comics than me. The only time Batman wins is with kryptonite( in canon I guess you could count Superman Red sun but Clark doesn't instantly depower like that anymore) otherwise he just holds Clark off until he can demotivate him or unmind control him etc. Now they could do something like recreate the kryptonian d ship environment to depower him though.

I'm excited buy I hope the battle is gotten out of the way early and they team up. I have a ton of faith in this team but there is almost no way this fight can go that won't enraged a bunch of either superman or Batman fans.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #37
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

The worst thing is if the movie sucks because it's not only killing one franchise but several.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #38
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:

Snyder and Goyer listen to critics too much, so Superman becomes a boyscout that saves cats from trees while educating the public about the safety of airplanes and subways. And no fight lasts longer then 30 seconds. When Superman gets knocked into walls he bounces off them.

The movie makes too big of a deal out of the destruction in Metropolis

Superman is hated by almost everyone on earth

Critics (Richard Roeper for one) continue their irrational hatred of Zack Snyder films. They pan the character development AGAIN depsite the fact most other comic book movies dont do a better job. They pan the amount of CGI AGAIN despite the fact theres similar amounts in other comic book films.

I'll agree on most but your first point. I think we don't need an a list star just a good batman. In fact that's what I prefer.

I actually have a lot of faith in Snyder and Goyer so I think they won't cave to the critics

I'm with you on many critics there. Roeper I actually emailed about his review and got a reply ( probably actually from a minion) defending his views. I've always felt for many years though critics are pretty bad at telling us whether a film was entertaining or not but they have still some impact on a film's performance.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #39
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Why is that a bad thing? Nolan's Batman was pretty good.
Indeed, but really, it's time to move on. I didn't hate Superman Returns, but I think they made a HUGE mistake trying to make that movie into a Christopher Reeve Superman movie imitation.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #40
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
If there's one good thing that could really make me approve of the new Batman and maybe the movie in general is if something like this could happen:

I hate this sequence in Trinity. Batman (BATMAN!!) is so overcome with WW beauty he kisses her trance like only to get punched for his trouble.
That's not out characters, no sir. Not out of character at all.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #41
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Worst possible outcomes:
1. Pacing problems (again).
2. Superman being upstaged by Batman.
3. Batman being underdeveloped.
4. Action scenes that make you think "wtf is going on".
5. A love triangle between Lois, Clark and Bruce.
6. Batnipples.
This is my biggest worry. This movie is lobsided with an established Superman and an unestablished Batman. One of the main flaws of the Avengers is they couldn't get Edward Norton back and having Mark Ruffalo there in a movie that was meant to be built on the foundation of several solo movies felt artificial.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #42
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

1. A failure to adapt Batman into the MOS world. It shouldn't be that hard to succeed at making Batman awesome in this film, he doesn't even need much screen time to be developed properly. Snyder will shoot him with amazing visuals. However, if all this goes awry..it will derail the movie. If Batman isn't cool, believable within the world and feels shoehorned in...you'll lose the viewer on the entire concept of the film.

2. The villain will be underdeveloped. I fully expect this to happen. That's why they need a strong A-list name for Luthor IMO (assuming he's the bad guy) He won't have much time to develop so you need someone with gravitas. Someone who commands a presence without even uttering a single line. A Luthor with a big name attached (Matt Damon would be my out of left field pick) would be able to go up against Bats and Supes in a believable way without a lot of screen time to do so. If the villain is weak, the conflict between Bruce and Clark that builds into their natural partnership to go against said villain won't work very well.

3. TOO much time spent on Batman. I believe Batman should just cut in and out of the story. He should be the scene stealer, not the character that drives the film. He should be dark, mysterious, funny and awesome but he shouldn't be the focus. He doesn't need a character arc besides his relationship with Clark being built. This point leads me to my final one.

4. Superman gets the shaft. Everyone has already commented on this. I'm a Batman fan above all, but this should be Superman's film with Batman featured.

DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #43
the last son
Side-Kick

^^^ I like Damon as Luthor

Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #44
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
^^^ I like Damon as Luthor
Watching the Elysium trailer and him with the bald head got me thinking...then I thought about it more and thought...yeah that might be a really really great choice.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #45
ZaneOlson
Side-Kickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
You're reading different comics than me. The only time Batman wins is with kryptonite( in canon I guess you could count Superman Red sun but Clark doesn't instantly depower like that anymore) otherwise he just holds Clark off until he can demotivate him or unmind control him etc. Now they could do something like recreate the kryptonian d ship environment to depower him though.

I'm excited buy I hope the battle is gotten out of the way early and they team up. I have a ton of faith in this team but there is almost no way this fight can go that won't enraged a bunch of either superman or Batman fans.
This^

ZaneOlson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #46
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

If people are actually going to be upset over the outcome of the fights between the two regardless if they are executed well....well that's just sad.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #47
the last son
Side-Kick

No matter what happens you cannot have Batman beat superman in a fight. superman is still iffy to some people and to have him look like Batmans inferior is not the way to go

Old 07-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #48
bullets
bang bang

they just have to make sense.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #49
bullets
bang bang

The worst that can happen for me is not liking the new Batman. At least I know Cavill is a good Superman , but that has to even out with having a good Batman.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #50
ZaneOlson
Side-Kickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave View Post
If people are actually going to be upset over the outcome of the fights between the two regardless if they are executed well....well that's just sad.
It's the die hards. Personally I want to see Batman win and I can justify it in my mind, but if he doesn't I'm not going to cry over it; but some will.

ZaneOlson is online now   Reply With Quote