The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #676
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

I am excited to see this and I heard that the end credits scene is the best Marvel credits teaser to date.

ShadowBoxer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #677
jacobed
Banned User

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

This is hands down the best Marvel movie. The first 2 acts are great, Dark Knight quality great but that 3rd act ugh its not good. I don't understand how it got that. Was their any rumors that they changed the ending because that is what it feels like. Apart from that its a phenomenal film. Easily 2nd best cbm of the year. 8/10

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #678
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

If I'm remembering correctly, I think there was an interview a while back that said the third act was changed.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #679
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
This is hands down the best Marvel movie. The first 2 acts are great, Dark Knight quality great but that 3rd act ugh its not good. I don't understand how it got that. Was their any rumors that they changed the ending because that is what it feels like. Apart from that its a phenomenal film. Easily 2nd best cbm of the year. 8/10
We have heard that there's a much longer ninja fight prior to the final act, and that if the gods are good, we'll have an extended cut on blu-ray. Which I want right now.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #680
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

I saw it last night and whoa ! it is a really solid movie !!

Batman Begins quality 1st and 2nd act and Iron Man 1 quality 3rd act. That was my only problem, the third act could and should have been treated better, more like a zatoichi/kurosawa samurai movie and less like a Marvel movie also Viper was idealy cast, i didn't know the actress prior to that but she is gorgeous and creepy as hell.

Everything works great. The train action scene was original and perfect.

8/10 maybe more after a second viewing ! The after credits scene was also very awesome.

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #681
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Ninja fight

Yukio was supposed to be involved in the ninja fight near the end. SHH used to have a significant article on the front page about the details but I can't find it now. And something was supposed to explode from the trailer. Wolverine had a cigar in one of the trailers too, didn't he? Did I miss any of this?

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #682
BlackFox
Name on the trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Ninja fight

Yukio was supposed to be involved in the ninja fight near the end. SHH used to have a significant article on the front page about the details but I can't find it now. And something was supposed to explode from the trailer. Wolverine had a cigar in one of the trailers too, didn't he? Did I miss any of this?
No all of that was missing in the film from the trailer, the ninja scene is way too short as it stands we MUST have that extended cut because its beautifully shot and needed longer for greater impact.

I think there was some other bits of Yukio fighting in the funeral scene that were cut from the trailers, maybe we will get all of that in the extended cut. gingers crossed

Old 07-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #683
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

omg. Who could have seen this 4 months ago, The Wolverine Fresh and Man of Steel Rotten?

In my iron sheik voice "MARVEL NUMBER 1, DC *spits on ground*

PoSeiDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #684
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

LOL..i guess Old Wolverine can breathe a little easier now.

He doesn't have to posts those depressing posts/articles anymore.

Paladin-Hoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #685
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
omg. Who could have seen this 4 months ago, The Wolverine Fresh and Man of Steel Rotten?
Who woulda thunk it?

Old 07-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #686
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Who woulda thunk it?
I actually enjoyed Man Of Steel...if The Wolverine is better then wowwwww...Im so giddy right now lol.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #687
PunyGod
Side-Kick

Last edited by PunyGod; 09-01-2013 at 11:09 PM.
PunyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #688
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunyGod View Post
What exactly was Logan doing at the beginning when he was clawing the trees? Marking territory? Leaving a trail? Neither of those make much sense.
I first thought something like leaving a trail, but my girl thought he was marking territory and considering the bear was marking territory walking side by side I'm inclined to believe that, as an intentional parallelism

Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #689
BlackFox
Name on the trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunyGod View Post
What exactly was Logan doing at the beginning when he was clawing the trees? Marking territory? Leaving a trail? Neither of those make much sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I first thought something like leaving a trail, but my girl thought he was marking territory and considering the bear was marking territory walking side by side I'm inclined to believe that, as an intentional parallelism
I had the feeling he was marking the days off that he had gone without killing someone, a bit like a prisoner marking the wall of days until release.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #690
RiXi
Side-Kick

I just saw the movie. Wow. I really, really liked it. I enjoyed it even more than Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel.
It was a surprise to me, because I wasn't expecting too much from the movie.

RiXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #691
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Quote:

In my iron sheik voice "MARVEL NUMBER 1, DC *spits on ground*
I wouldn't have thunk it. Though it's important to note that they're virtually tied at the moment with average rating (MOS 6.2/Wolverine 6.3).

When comic book film is good, though, everyone wins. I love Superman and he's my favorite hero, but I'd still be ecstatic if I ended up liking Wolverine as much as or more. Can't wait to see it.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #692
Old Wolverine
Banned User

RT is 67% Fresh

RT top critics is at 61%

Hoping to close reviews at both 60%

this film deserves at least that.

Fricken loved the film....

the Cinematography and editing was awesome

Old Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #693
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Metacritic has a very good score for The Wolverine
61 - 40 reviews

Thats just 4 points lower with what First Class got (65 - 38 reviews)

And It looks like this film will stay in the mid or high 60s in RT!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #694
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I knew it!

The writers/director of The Wolverine have better track record than the writer/director of Man of Steel.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #695
Old Wolverine
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I knew it!

The writers/director of The Wolverine have better track record than the writer/director of Man of Steel.
I have to agree.

Snyder reminds me of Tim Burton, to over the TOP.

Watchmen and Man of Steel were WAY over the top. He went frame by frame for the Watchmen and still failed.

Burton was not bad on Batman but went over the TOP on Batman Returns as well as the Planet of the Apes.

Snyder is the same way.

Although, he did well with 300 .

Old Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #696
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Goyer was their problem.hsi scripts are almost always too plot heavy at the cost of everything else.As results, almost all the characters in the movie becomes plot devices and nothing else.

Paladin-Hoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #697
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wolverine View Post
I have to agree.

Snyder reminds me of Tim Burton, to over the TOP.

Watchmen and Man of Steel were WAY over the top. He went frame by frame for the Watchmen and still failed. .
Even though this is steering things OT, I'm just going to chime in with my two cents. I don't think Snyder's problem is that he goes too far, so much as he uses his amazing visuals in a way that he shouldn't -- in a way that compromises the the tone of his movies.

Watchmen looked pretty, and it seemed close to the source material, but it didn't FEEL that way, because slow-mo flawless fights don't feel realistic. And in a movie that's supposed to be showing what would really happen if superheroes existed, that style messes with the tone and the message of the movie.

In Man of Steel, the fights were exciting and innovative, but they were also destruction p0rn. And in a Superman movie that's a potential kiss of death.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #698
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I want to see it again. I think now that I know what to expect in the end, I can enjoy it more... At the moment, the only thing that really annoys me is that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He loses his adamantium claws. I guess it's symbolic of him going back to his roots? But I dunno, that seemed redundant when he already spent a chunk of the movie depowered.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #699
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

I was shocked my theater was so packed! more than the MoS turnout opening night. That right there told me we might have something special on our hands.

Who would've imagined a summer where an X-movie far outshines a MCU movie? not this dude... This was really a very solid movie tight, not too many extraneous parts, decent pacing, overall my second favorite X-movie after First Class, and my second favorite this summer after MoS.

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #700
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

At my theatres there were 2 screens.1 for 2-3 and one for 3-d.And there were a lot at my theatre going for the wolverine.some like me for 3-d and others for 2-d.

A major problem with man of steel was It went far too much reimaging of superman.If It had been based more on secret origin as rumor said It would have been far better.The secret origin miniseries was far superior to man of steel.

and if s funny some were hating on smallville and yet Smallville fans will tell you they see plenty of smallville Influences In film.

The realistic approach of Nolan's work for batman.And Nolan was able to bring the 2 best batman films with begins and dark knight but it doesn't work for superman.

And I have always believed bryan singer's work on X-Men and X2 influenced people like Nolan and Jon favreau.