The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #901
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
As I am new to this particular discussion regarding Thor's hand I will give my initial impression as to what I think is going on. I am limited in my knowledge of the details. Here goes. Loki and Thor are working in concert and it is Loki's magic that gives the illusion that Thor has lost his hand in their combat. This is to fool whoever it is they are fighting in front of.
That is what I think. Loki is a trickster and illusionist.

It would be a interesting twist for the audience to think Loki betrayed Thor only to find out he didn't.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #902
warriorking
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namor! View Post
What's the budget for this movie?
No listing yet but Thor"s first movie was 150 Million, so I would guess close to 200 Million...

Last edited by warriorking; 07-26-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #903
marcvader
Lurker #1

Really doubt it could be under $150 mil by much if at all.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #904
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
What events?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
A vision of Heimdal that shows Thor´s hand getting cut off. That event leads to other events that is Ragnarök! Nah I don´t know actually what he meant but there are really much to exploit from the Thor comics!
Maybe that's the "what will you sacrifice" thing. He either sacrifices part of himself, or something, to save Jane. However, that route would lead to a bad series of events? And Loki knows it would get him killed. Where as perhaps the right thing to do would be the sacrifice of Jane (which would still end up with Thor killing Loki).

Maybe then, we get more of the trickster Loki...where he pushes Malekith into killing Jane. SO not only does he get the outcome that is desired, Jane's sacrifice, which according to...visions, I guess, is the right thing. But this sacrifice, in thor's eyes, were caused by Malekith, leaving Loki in the clear.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #905
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
New Poster next week?
probably the week of trailer release...

Old 07-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #906
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
New Poster next week?
I saw one on Facebook but I think it was Photoshopped.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #907
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I saw one on Facebook but I think it was Photoshopped.
there was one that was a comic con poster... is that the one?

Old 07-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #908
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Thanks jaqua!

Old 07-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #909
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
there was one that was a comic con poster... is that the one?
This one was different. It appeared to have Malaketh(sp?) in the center.

I'm at work and can't upload images but here's a link to where I found it.

It's most likely fake but figured I'll see if you guys can tell.

http://recommandedmovies.com/?p=1705258

Last edited by Figs; 07-26-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #910
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:

It´s made by a fan. That Looki pose is from TA I think.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #911
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I actually wouldnt mind seeing Thor get his hand chopped off for real. It's not like it will stay that way, Odin can fix that by snapping his fingers. But a moment like that would show a level of raw brutality not seen thus far in the MCU and would legitimately shock audiences. And i think it would be the moment that shows Loki as truly beyond any sort of redemption

Old 07-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #912
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:

Beyond fake.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #913
T"Challa
Side-Kick

From Hemsworth, about handgate:

Quote:
“Is that the footage they showed? I haven’t seen it yet. I’m trying to get hold of it somehow. I wish I could have been there. I can’t say too much more about it. But I will tell you that’s not the worst thing that he has to worry about along the way.” But, with a winking tone, Hemsworth sounded like a viking soul as far as making the best of the situation. ”Maybe I will have to learn to use the hammer with the left hand, you know? Or I was thinking of maybe just attaching it. I could ram it straight down into the stump. That would be very Game of Thrones in approach.”
a=84282#Ub0hyBk6tMLquIFd.99

Old 07-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #914
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
From Hemsworth, about handgate:
And people wonder why the Vikings worshiped him.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #915
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontkins View Post
Marvel has REALLY dropped the ball on their video games. A Thor video game, a Captain America video game, an Iron Man video game, Hulk video game, they could all be AMAZING, but they go and give them to Sega or something so we can only get games you can play on your phone. Absolutely ridiculous.

And the Avengers game that was in development gets cancelled.
As long as i get a Marvel vs Capcom 4 I could less about all the other subpar comic book video games out there. Capcom and the companty that makes the Batman games are the only companies that make quality comic games.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 07-26-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #916
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontkins View Post
Marvel has REALLY dropped the ball on their video games. A Thor video game, a Captain America video game, an Iron Man video game, Hulk video game, they could all be AMAZING, but they go and give them to Sega or something so we can only get games you can play on your phone. Absolutely ridiculous.

And the Avengers game that was in development gets cancelled.
The Captain America video game is actually pretty good. The developer of that game (Next Level Games) developed my favorite game on the Wii which is Punch-Out!! They also developed Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and the Mario Strikers games.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #917
Blackman
King Kong

Well I just had one of the major scenes from the Comic Con footage spoiled for me by CBM

Old 07-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #918
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

I don't know if it's been posted, but here's a confirmation about Kronans being in the movie:

Quote:
Thor: The Dark World co-writer Christopher Yost revealed to Marvel.com that the stone-like creature, who was taunted by Thor before being smashed to bits, in the Comic-Con footage is actually one of the Kronans. This is the alien race that claims to be from Saturn and are also Thor's first enemies in his Journey Into Mystery #83 origins story.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #919
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Thx for that. Will be fun to see him smash em in the movie. 3 months and 4 days left for me. That´s not so bad

Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #920
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Thx for that. Will be fun to see him smash em in the movie. 3 months and 4 days left for me. That´s not so bad
Kind of a weak creature if you ask me. I mean rock people? I guess the CGI costs were being allocated in other places.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #921
Thor Odinson
Banned User

I don't see the problem. It's a nice nod to Thor's comic history and is potentially cool looking. Also, i don't think one creature will kill the CGI budget.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #922
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

What's wrong with rock people? For a guy with 'rock' in his username, you certainly seem pessimistic :P

Old 07-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #923
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
What's wrong with rock people? For a guy with 'rock' in his username, you certainly seem pessimistic :P
LOL.
It should feel like the Thing done right (but much bigger and menacing).

Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #924
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I'm just picturing Thor destroying stuff in The Neverending Story... and I like it!

Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #925
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I'm actually excited that races as "out there" as the Kronans are being used, those guys are no slouches either they're pretty strong. With that bit of information being released I can't wait to see what other races make up the "marauder" army.

I'd like to see some Badoon troops and maybe even a few Rock Trolls, a few actual giants or monstrous creatures would be nice as well.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Closed Thread