The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #26
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

noticed you couldn't praise his acting LOL

Old 07-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #27
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Can't he just be the stunt double..?

Batman does wear a mask after all

Old 07-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #28
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Scott Adkins. They won't need a stunt man at all. He would do all his stunts and then some and give us the most physically gifted Batman ever. But I guess he's not a "name" for the studios.

Batman is supposed to be the best most complete fighter in the world right? Scott Adkins is that.
That's what I'm saying. Every Batman thus far has been a good actor that built up(in some cases) their body for the role and used stuntmen. Why not try something different and get a guy who has the look, the body and the training? He can work on his acting for the role like the others work on their bodies. That is prettymuch the only complain anyone has is that he's an action movie guy, not an A level actor. A breakout role can come at any age, hell most of the suggestions on this topic are or were prettymuch nobodies until they got the role that broke them out.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #29
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

People aren't suggesting it because it's not a good idea. I'd rather have a good actor than an MMA fighter.

It's easier to convincingly gain Batman's body than it is to convince the audience that you are Batman. Or to be more general, it's easier to change your body than learn a talent. Hiring Adkins would be the equivalent of those pop boy/girl bands that hire dancers and autotune the crap out of their voices, because they were hired for appearances, not musical talent.

Which is why when you see even the very dedicated cosplayers who don't just dedicate their time to costumes but their bodies to their character, still do not look like Batman.

Last edited by Llama_Shepherd; 07-27-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #30
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxB402 View Post
Why not try something different and get a guy who has the look, the body and the training? He can work on his acting for the role like the others work on their bodies.
This has to be a joke, right?

Old 07-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #31
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
People aren't suggesting it because it's not a good idea. I'd rather have a good actor than an MMA fighter. It's easier to convincingly gain Batman's body than it is to convince the audience that you are Batman. Which is why when you see even the very dedicated cosplayers who don't just dedicate their time to costumes but their bodies to their character, still do not look like Batman.
No one other than Keaton was convincing either. They were all terrible Batmen, and a few of them, especially bale, were great Bruce Waynes. The guys are essentially Bruce Waynes trying to convince us they are Batman. But even Batman himself is the opposite. He's Batman trying to convince people he's Bruce Wayne. You all make it sound like it couldn't possibly work, but it's actually logically sound casting....and I have seen him in a lot of great action films...he's a pretty decent actor, enough to nail it with proper dedication, not terrible like some of you seem to think.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #32
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

People here talk as if Batman is an Oscar nominated role that requires Laurence Olivier or Philip Seymour Hoffman to pull of convincingly. Jeez. It's a superhero film, let's not be pretentious. Most actors, unless they are just absolutely horrible, can pull it off with some effort. And Adkins IS an actor, and has starred in many movies and is a good actor I would say.

What about Cavill? I think he suffered from what people say a non A lister would suffer from. He had the look down pat - beyond perfect - but the acting was muted. Yet the movie was immensely successful.

I think Adkins would be perfectly fine. He can act, he can fight. And we need a terrifying Batman - see his Boyka to see how he can scare the bat**** out of people.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #33
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
The scary thing is, I don't think he is.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #34
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.

Quote:
The joke is you sitting there pretending you've never seen a normally sub-par actor absolutely nail a role despite naysayers. Ruffalo was a panned choice for Banner after Norton, but he turned out to be the best one so far, in look and fitting the role. Before that all I saw was "Booo, ruffalo will bomb, want Norton back!". Everyone has Bale Syndrome right now.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #35
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

The problem is when it comes to the fights they insist on having the actual actor rather than a martial artist when all you can see of the actor is his chin.
Exactly the same as Spider-Man, he should be able to do the most complex of acrobatics as they only need to put a gymnast in the suit as Spidey wears a mask.

An actor for Bruce Wayne but a martial artist as Batman for fight sequences.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #36
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I always thought Norton was mediocre as Banner and was happy when his role was recast.

Why do you keep pretending that people are just fancasting Bale? People are not fancasting Bale.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 07-27-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #37
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
The joke is you sitting there pretending you've never seen a normally sub-par actor absolutely nail a role despite naysayers. Ruffalo was a panned choice for Banner after Norton, but he turned out to be the best one so far, in look and fitting the role. Before that all I saw was "Booo, ruffalo will bomb, want Norton back!". Everyone has Bale Syndrome right now.
You're comparing apples and oranges. Ruffalo is an Academy Award nominated actor. Adkins is a guy who kicks people.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #38
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
You're comparing apples and oranges. Ruffalo is an Academy Award nominated actor. Adkins is a guy who kicks people.
Who cares? Give him the role of a Batman
I didn't say Bruce wayne

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #39
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Why is anyone focused on casting a stuntdouble for Batman? That's too behind the scenes, even for a huge ****ing nerd like myself. Personally I don't care who the stunt double is anymore than I cared who Bale or Cavill's was.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #40
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Cavill's stunt double appeared on American Ninja Warrior a while back.

So there's that.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #41
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
No, I'm pointing out how people think an actor sucks or sucks for a role and then nails it. It happens to award winners and stunt men. Bruce Lee was typecast as a stuntman for a very long time. Not the best actor either, but he nailed his roles in fighting and acting once given the chance. People like you are the kind that typecast and keep people from ever getting those roles to breakout or nail. And really, have you even seen any of his movies? He's not even close to as bad of an actor as you all make it seem.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #42
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
People here talk as if Batman is an Oscar nominated role that requires Laurence Olivier or Philip Seymour Hoffman to pull of convincingly. Jeez. It's a superhero film, let's not be pretentious. Most actors, unless they are just absolutely horrible, can pull it off with some effort. And Adkins IS an actor, and has starred in many movies and is a good actor I would say.
Have we learned nothing? That is the mindset of an uninterested WB production exec in the 1990s. Depictions of comicbook characters do not need to be feather-light, underwrought and generally crappy. Bruce Wayne/Batman is a complex and difficult role that requires the convincing depiction of several characters within the character. Giving some stunt man "acting lessons" is not going to deliver an acceptable result. Acting is a somewhat technical and skilled undertaking- there is a reason why good ones are well paid, and there is a reason that, even in crappy movies, Batman is always played by a competent actor.

Quote:
1) Actually, I'm standing.

2) Whatever you say about Ruffalo, he is an actor. I do not wish to see the return of Bale, but the character does at least need to be played by a ****ing actor. I can't believe I had to type that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Why do you keep pretending that people are just fancasting Bale? People are not fancasting Bale.
Yeah, this thread has reached a new low.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #43
Project862006
Banned User

ahh i see the old it isn't Shakespeare retort came in this thread lol

i hate that fanboy phrase it is an excuse to fan cast bad actors

Old 07-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #44
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Still, imagine where we would be today if an MMA fghter was cast instead of Bale in Batman Begins.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #45
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I feel like we're casting The Expendables rather than Batman.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #46
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.

Have any of you actually watched any movies Scott Adkins is in? He actually is an actor, and a pretty good one when called for. He's done more than standard dvd action flicks and been the lead in many of them. For someone who isn't an actor and only kicks people he sure as hell does a lot of acting between all that kicking. And FYI, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li and most of the great action movie ACTORS were once just "the guy that kicks". It's people like you that keep guys like that down. Never give them a chance to break out of that typecast, if only for one role. All it takes is a chance to shine for some of these guys.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #47
regwec
Shakespearo

Luckily, Batman won't be it.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #48
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Now to break down this post:

Quote:
No one other than Keaton was convincing either. They were all terrible Batmen, and a few of them, especially bale, were great Bruce Waynes.
Opinion stated as fact. Keaton portrayed the weird creature of the night Batman from the 30's, Clooney the capering crusader of the sixties, and Bale the modern utilitarian Batman. None of them were terrible, you just prefer one to the others.

But I agree, they were all phenomenal Bruce Waynes'.

Quote:
The guys are essentially Bruce Waynes trying to convince us they are Batman. But even Batman himself is the opposite. He's Batman trying to convince people he's Bruce Wayne.
Misunderstanding of the character and one that DC themselves have been trying to get people to understand for well over a decade, Grant Morrison's Batman run from 2005-2013 was intended to show that Bruce Wayne is the identity and Batman a construction of it.

It's been 10 years since that 15 year period of grimdark ******* Batman but I have a feeling the stench of "Batman is the real man" will remain for years.

Quote:
You all make it sound like it couldn't possibly work, but it's actually logically sound casting....and I have seen him in a lot of great action films...he's a pretty decent actor, enough to nail it with proper dedication, not terrible like some of you seem to think.
Why is it more plausible that an MMA fighter can learn to act, than an actor can learn some martial arts? I know which I'd rather have.

Quote:
Luckily, Batman won't be it.
I'm not sure if it's luck, or common goddamn sense.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #49
Project862006
Banned User

he is not a good actor for feature films that will cost 200 million he is passable for direct to dvd films tho

scott adkins is a very 1980's action star he is the modern Michael Dudikoff

Old 07-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #50
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I feel like we're casting The Expendables rather than Batman.
Funny, when I look at most of this topic I feel like we're casting a CW/MTV teen drama or a romantic comedy rather than a reboot Batman and Superman action/ hero film.

Closed Thread