The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
zman
Side-Kick

Default Supes and Bats: how do they discover each other's identity (or do they?)

Its hard to imagine Superman not using his super vision to see who's underneath the cowl...or maybe he chooses not to out of respect? I really liked how it was handled in The Batman/Superman Movie (WHICH SNYDER BETTER PLAN ON WATCHING).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90nxOlsm1s

zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Default Re: Supes and Bats: how do they discover each other's identity (or do they?)

Batman realizes that Clark and Superman kiss the same way.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
dmc
Side-Kick

Default Re: Supes and Bats: how do they discover each other's identity (or do they?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post

dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
Antithesis_SD
Side-Kick

One idea I had is that they first encounter one another when Batman sneaks into a LexCorp or STAR lab to investigate... something... and Superman ends up there trying to stop someone (I clearly haven't thought it though yet), and there is a bunch of Kryptonite in the lab. It's the first time Superman has encountered Kryptonite, and so not only is he surprised to see the fabled "Bat-Man of Gotham," but also that his powers aren't working and he can't see through the cowl due to the radiation sickness. Batman, noticing the apparent fatigue, slips a piece of the rock into his belt for a later time and sneaks out while Superman deals with the lab' advanced automated security. As for finding out each others' identities, I haven't really mapped anything out, but I can't see how they wouldn't in the movie.

Antithesis_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #6
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

Quote:

DarthDorranceBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #7
zman
Side-Kick

Quote:

Old 07-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #8
zman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis_SD View Post
One idea I had is that they first encounter one another when Batman sneaks into a LexCorp or STAR lab to investigate... something... and Superman ends up there trying to stop someone (I clearly haven't thought it though yet), and there is a bunch of Kryptonite in the lab. It's the first time Superman has encountered Kryptonite, and so not only is he surprised to see the fabled "Bat-Man of Gotham," but also that his powers aren't working and he can't see through the cowl due to the radiation sickness. Batman, noticing the apparent fatigue, slips a piece of the rock into his belt for a later time and sneaks out while Superman deals with the lab' advanced automated security. As for finding out each others' identities, I haven't really mapped anything out, but I can't see how they wouldn't in the movie.

Its an interesting idea to have them both discover kryptonite at the same time.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #9
zman
Side-Kick

forgive me I just had to

Old 07-27-2013, 01:22 AM   #10
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

X Ray vision for Superman

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:16 AM   #11
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Its an interesting idea to have them both discover kryptonite at the same time.
I like it - never thought of it like that before! Perhaps metallo is being created and they both investigate and superman walks right into a kryptonite lab where it is being harnessed - linked up to John corben - supes becomes ill as batman observes - lex see's the CCTV footage and makes the ring etc

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:17 AM   #12
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I really like how Batman found out in Superman TAS. Hopefully they do something like that, with Batman deducing it on his own and/or just using his brain to figure it out in general. I'll be upset if he finds out just because **** turned out that way...Batman is proactive not reactive.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:01 AM   #13
the last son
Side-Kick

I never understood why superman even needs Clark Kent. I mean why would Batman even care if he had a secret identity? Why can't Clark just dress as s normal guy when he wants to feel human and interact that way? He doesn't even need to work at the daily planet especially with todays technology

Old 07-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #14
Bren
Forevernoob

Besides him actually WANTING a normal life he can live in addition to his superhero'ing?

I'd like them to meet as Clark and Bruce first. Then as Superman and Batman. When they meet in cuisine fire the first time, tons of tension etc, the dialogue goes like this:

"you need a better disguise Bruce."
"you too, Clark"

and that's it hehehe

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:51 AM   #15
signalman
Side-Kick

It makes sense that they find out who each other are.
Although I am tired of someone finding out that BRUCE WAYNE is BATMAN is every Batman movie.

signalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #16
the last son
Side-Kick

Kind of hard to have a Batman movie without someone finding out who he is

Old 07-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
zman
Side-Kick

...why is that?

Old 07-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #18
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Its hard to imagine Superman not using his super vision to see who's underneath the cowl...or maybe he chooses not to out of respect? I really liked how it was handled in The Batman/Superman Movie (WHICH SNYDER BETTER PLAN ON WATCHING).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90nxOlsm1s
I've posted this before another thread but people didn't give a damn. Anyway, This what I want to see I like what Batman says here "You peeked"

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #19
Redwolf
Side-Kick

In World's Finest Clark uses X-Ray vision, Bruce uses a tracking device on Superman's cape. Clark's way of findng out seems so easy though, while Bruce had to be secretive/work for it.

Yet if Clark were to investigate (show he's smart too) and finds out that way, that would be great. YET someone in the theatre will just think to themselves...why didn't Superman just use his X-ray vision????

Redwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #20
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Batman starts with a lead lined cowl. Superman has to gain his trust.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #21
Project862006
Banned User

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #22
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

^Batman's is an a**hole!

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #23
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Supes only need to use his x-ray vision... and bats put a device to see his location and discover each other identities

Old 07-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #24
Reel
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

If Lois Lane can work out Clark Kent is really Kal-El, then by jesus Bruce Wayne is going to work it out.

I can see Batman gathering an interest in Superman after sitting in his batcave doing detective work then BAM

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. MY NAME IS GENERAL ZOD...

That will definitely intrigue Bruce Wayne into research Kal-El.

Reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #25
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

I think this is one of the inherent problems you face when you strive for realism. Superman would alter the course of history. He'd have the most recognizable face on earth. Clark Kent wouldn't be able to fool any person alive. I'm not saying trash the concept, in fact I love the concept. But this is one of the problems you face when you try and remove the magic from Superman by choosing a more grounded tone.

Batman is supposedly the world's greatest detective. The moment he lays eyes on Clark Kent he would know who he is, and yet I'm sure the movie will have to involve some caper where Batman has to "solve" the mystery. Kinda silly, no?

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote