The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #51
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

As I said in other posts. I know who I don't want for the role but I don't know who I want for the role. I'm never good at casting.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #52
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,895
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

This BxB guy is great. I feel like I should be eating a tub if popcorn reading this.

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #53
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxB402 View Post
Funny, when I look at most of this topic I feel like we're casting a CW/MTV teen drama or a romantic comedy rather than a reboot Batman and Superman action/ hero film.
really because i see names like luke evans,karl urban,michael fassbender,ryan gosling,wes bentley,etc. all grown men who are well respected actors

not b movie stars

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #54
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,895
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
really because i see names like luke evans,karl urban,michael fassbender,ryan gosling,wes bentley,etc. all grown men who are well respected actors

not b movie stars
Shhhh... He can't prove his point if you keep throwing facts out there.

__________________
YOBOGOYA!!!!!!!
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #55
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.
 
BxB402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 550
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Shhhh... He can't prove his point if you keep throwing facts out there.
You guys have already proven my point. You're just fangirls that only want established A list actors in your movies instead of giving others the chance. You typecast. Hell, the fact that you think Adkins is an MMA fighter and can't act says it all. And the fact that any of you pick Ryan Gosling to play Batman says things I would be banned for repeating. None of them good.

BxB402 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #56
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.
 
BxB402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 550
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Rowsdower, what are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be stuck in the wilderness fixing your busted ass truck, fluffing your hockey hair and saving the world?

BxB402 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #57
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,466
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxB402 View Post
You guys have already proven my point. You're just fangirls that only want established A list actors in your movies

Oh my god, I'm dying, that is just deliciously hilarious


Quote:
Originally Posted by BxB402 View Post
You typecast.
Whilst this is just the pinnacle of irony.

Thank you for the unbridled ecstasy that last post inflicted upon me, I only hope you continue to babble on, so there are more posts to Tivo.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."

Last edited by Llama_Shepherd; 07-27-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Llama_Shepherd is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #58
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,011
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Have we learned nothing? That is the mindset of an uninterested WB production exec in the 1990s. Depictions of comicbook characters do not need to be feather-light, underwrought and generally crappy. Bruce Wayne/Batman is a complex and difficult role that requires the convincing depiction of several characters within the character. Giving some stunt man "acting lessons" is not going to deliver an acceptable result. Acting is a somewhat technical and skilled undertaking- there is a reason why good ones are well paid, and there is a reason that, even in crappy movies, Batman is always played by a competent actor.



1) Actually, I'm standing.

2) Whatever you say about Ruffalo, he is an actor. I do not wish to see the return of Bale, but the character does at least need to be played by a ****ing actor. I can't believe I had to type that.


Yeah, this thread has reached a new low.
Preach.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #59
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!
 
Prison Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Clink
Posts: 38,381
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Gabriel Macht could be a good choice. He's a great actor and looks the part.

__________________
Michael Scott: You don't call retarded people retards. It's bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded.
Prison Mike is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #60
D.P.
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicagotham
Posts: 2,452
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

You guys are placing Gosling on a pedestal to be fair. The rest of what he says is ridiculous though.

Sidenote, this thread has sold me on Luke Evans...


D.P. is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #61
Casval
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 153
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing1 View Post
Tyler Hoechlin is being reported as the top candidate and will even be screen testing alongside Cavill!

http://www.supermansupersite.com/0724744.html

Why not but I'm surprised he is only 25.

Casval is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #62
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

If Cosmic Book News says it than you know there's no chance in it happening. Thankfully.

STARMAN is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #63
bluearth
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 253
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Karl Urban will never be chosen. Hes 41. They might as well bring Bale back if they get him.

Armie Hammer is too young and coming off the Lone Ranger flop.

Jake Gyllenhaal is a bit too well known. His look is too distinct, people will automatically recognize him from his other movies.

Wes Bentley apparently has a drug problem

Tanning Chatum is hated

Joseph Gordon Levitt is too small

Joe Manganiello is a tad too old, he'll be 37 in a few months, which means he'll be 39 when the movie comes out, and 41 during justice league. If you want a 10 year universe, 34, 35 is pretty much the max age you can be right now.

So again, Ryan Gosling is perfect. Great actor. Hes 32. Hes 6'1". He will bring his own spin to the Bruce Wayne and Batman character, so we can expect an exciting twist to the character. Hes known by film fans and critics, but not so much by the general audience as he hasnt been in any big blockbusters, sort of like a Mark Ruffalo, so they wont have trouble imagining him as Batman.

bluearth is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #64
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,505
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

pretty sure bentley HAD a drug problem. don't quote me though.

ЯɘvlveR is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #65
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,505
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

honestly, i'm down with backing up the bugs bunny money truck for fassbender (it's not my money) if johnny storm can be captain america, magneto can be batman.

my awesome mspaint skills (on someone else's manip)
cooper pine cavill arterton fassbender gosling


because i like to hear myself talk.


Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 07-27-2013 at 10:36 AM.
ЯɘvlveR is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #66
D.P.
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicagotham
Posts: 2,452
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Hoechlin = Bruce Wayne from "The Batman" animated series.







Not a fan of either.

D.P. is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #67
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,684
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Jake Gyllenhaal is a bit too well known. His look is too distinct, people will automatically recognize him from his other movies.

So again, Ryan Gosling is perfect. Great actor. Hes 32. Hes 6'1". He will bring his own spin to the Bruce Wayne and Batman character, so we can expect an exciting twist to the character. Hes known by film fans and critics, but not so much by the general audience as he hasnt been in any big blockbusters, sort of like a Mark Ruffalo, so they wont have trouble imagining him as Batman.
Gosling's a good actor, but, with his weak triangular shaped jaw, he looks nothing like Bruce Wayne/Batman at all. The costume designer would go insane trying to make a cowl that simultaneously conforms to his face and does justice to the character. So, aside from being just as well known and "distinct" looking as Gyllenhaal, he's definitely not perfect for the role.


Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 07-27-2013 at 11:03 AM.
ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #68
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,684
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
pretty sure bentley HAD a drug problem. don't quote me though.
He's been clean since 2009.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #69
Two-Face
Harvey Dent
 
Two-Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 47,561
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing1 View Post
Tyler Hoechlin is being reported as the top candidate and will even be screen testing alongside Cavill!

http://www.supermansupersite.com/0724744.html
I hope not. The Sun has pick up on this so most unlikely.

Two-Face is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #70
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,977
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Karl Urban will never be chosen. Hes 41. They might as well bring Bale back if they get him.

Armie Hammer is too young and coming off the Lone Ranger flop.

Jake Gyllenhaal is a bit too well known. His look is too distinct, people will automatically recognize him from his other movies.

Wes Bentley apparently has a drug problem

Tanning Chatum is hated

Joseph Gordon Levitt is too small

Joe Manganiello is a tad too old, he'll be 37 in a few months, which means he'll be 39 when the movie comes out, and 41 during justice league. If you want a 10 year universe, 34, 35 is pretty much the max age you can be right now.

So again, Ryan Gosling is perfect. Great actor. Hes 32. Hes 6'1". He will bring his own spin to the Bruce Wayne and Batman character, so we can expect an exciting twist to the character. Hes known by film fans and critics, but not so much by the general audience as he hasnt been in any big blockbusters, sort of like a Mark Ruffalo, so they wont have trouble imagining him as Batman.
Ummm...Gosling is actually pretty well known by the GA.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #71
D.P.
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicagotham
Posts: 2,452
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Gosling's a good actor, but, with his weak triangular shaped jaw, he looks nothing like Bruce Wayne/Batman at all.
This is my exact stance towards Gosling. I love the work he has been doing lately, but no. He's not Bruce and he's not Batman.

Everybody wants the "it" guy though...

D.P. is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #72
dmc
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 108
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

BXB, Do you think Gina Carano should play WW too? (serious question?)

dmc is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #73
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,684
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
I hope not. The Sun has pick up on this so most unlikely.
That's just the same unreliable report from Cosmic Book News being recycled over and over again.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #74
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,684
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
Hoechlin = Bruce Wayne from "The Batman" animated series.







Not a fan of either.
He actually looks more like the Batman: Earth One version of Bruce Wayne.


ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #75
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 35,623
Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxB402 View Post
Have any of you actually watched any movies Scott Adkins is in?
I only saw bits and pieces of "Undisputed 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
really because i see names like luke evans,karl urban,michael fassbender,ryan gosling,wes bentley,etc. all grown men who are well respected actors

not b movie stars
Who was Michael Keaton before playing Batman? Mr. Mom, and Beetlejuice
Who was Christian Bale before playing Batman? That guy from Equilibrium, American Psycho
Not memorable roles

And who is Henry Cavill? Who was Dean Cane? Who was Christopher Reeve? Who the heck was Brandon Routh?
Any memorable roles any of those played?

Who is Tobey Maguire? Who knew him before he played Spider-Man?

Who the heck is Hugh Jackman? Who who and who are those who played comic book characters for the most part? More B-list actors than important name in cinema

Spider-Aziz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.