The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #51
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Days of Future Past SPOILERS! (You have been warned!)

I like keeping the bone claws for a change.

But what I noticed about those bone claws is they don't look like bones, but claws made from a wood.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #52
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Just going by a lot of the comments I've seen on Twitter, a lot of people had no idea there was another X-Men movie in the works. The reactions to that end credits scene have been pretty pleasantly shocked.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #53
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Since X3 hasn't been erased they will have to explain Charles' deal and how Magneto has his powers back now. Would be the height of presumption to just jump into DOFP without having that stuff covered in the script.

I'd imagine a little exposition just to state the cure wasn't permanent after all would do (or not permanent for all), and maybe a brief flash back for Charles 'resurrection' would handle that (might explain Moira's presence in both First Class & X3 then too).

A minute or 2 screentime ought to be enough to cover the basic crap Ratner left over from X3 that Singer has to contend with.
*Vaughn.

Vaughn was in charge of writing that script that everyone has a problem with.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #54
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

Dammit Bone claws look so lame as consider to Metal claws they just keep breaking .

Old 07-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #55
kasjan
Side-Kick

So Logan has bone claws again. Hope they won't give him armor arm and won't make him Ultimate Cable.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #56
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I remember reading that the post-credit scene in X3 is not necessarily canon; well this scene confirms, imo, that it is.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #57
Bren
Forevernoob

I think it'd be cool after 3 films of Logan trying to stab Magneto and Magneto treating him like a toy, that Magneto would re-claw him with adamantium. Would be a nice way to evolve their relationship. Hopefully not friends, but allies definitely. Imagine Magneto using Wolverine as a weapon, "Just point them in the right direction, Logan. I'll do the rest."

Old 07-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #58
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

My roommate brought something up, but in The Wolverine, did anyone think with that last scene with Jean could be a bit of a hint at the White Hot Room from the comics? It's obviously something different from the comics if they ever adapted it to film since the Phoenix isn't a cosmic entity in the films, but still interesting to think about if they could use it to secretly bring her back in DoFP.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #59
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
My roommate brought something up, but in The Wolverine, did anyone think with that last scene with Jean could be a bit of a hint at the White Hot Room from the comics? It's obviously something different from the comics if they ever adapted it to film since the Phoenix isn't a cosmic entity in the films, but still interesting to think about if they could use it to secretly bring her back in DoFP.
No I think she was just in his head, otherwise how horrible that must be for jean to be all alone and needs to talk to Logan and convince him to die to be with her

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-27-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #60
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
I think it was referencing the comics vaguely. The white gown every time she's seen would make more sense. Why would she never be seen in another form (her x-uniform or the phoenix red outfit)if she's just a hallucination ?

The last scene with her going towards the light is very much like the scene when she went to the white hot room in the comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #61
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
I dont know if you noticed this but in The Wolverine,Jean's last scene where she is full of white in a white place maybe (heaven) she said that she is alone, does that mean that Cyclops isn't dead?
He has been disintegrated, like Xavier in Jean's house

Old 07-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #62
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

HIs death was off camera though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 07-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #63
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
That end-credits scene in The Wolverine felt like the superhero-movie equivalent of seeing The Beatles get back together...
I'm going to be very honest with you: I almost had tears in my eyes. Literally.

In fact, the entire Wolverine film altogether blew me away, 180 degrees away from the lousy Origins film...but that's a topic for another thread.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #64
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
I dont know if you noticed this but in The Wolverine,Jean's last scene where she is full of white in a white place maybe (heaven) she said that she is alone, does that mean that Cyclops isn't dead?
You took the words right out of my mouth; erm...finger tips. Whatever.

Cyclops is definitely alive somewhere. If he were dead for real he'd be with her in The White Hot Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004
No I think she was just in his head, otherwise how horrible that must be for jean to be all alone and needs to talk to Logan and convince him to die to be with her
I disagree. Why is it horrible? It's actually in line with the comic canon--Jean is always beckoning to Logan from the White Hot Room, and if it's not him, she's communicating with Scott, Emma or someone else.

And both X2 AND X3: The Last Stand established CLEARLY that Jean has the ability to communicate while "dead": At the conclusion of X2, Xavier had a clear notion that Jean had survived. In X3, she appealed to Scott, luring him to Alkali Lake. And she definitely has a psychic lock on Logan, enabling communication between them as well.

So her appearing in this form to Logan in this latest Wolverine film is not far-fetched at all. I definitely don't think it's a dream or a hallucination. I loved how Logan kinda checked Jean and put her in her place towards the end of the film: she blamed him for "putting her there" and he reminded her that she was murdering innocents. And she didn't argue the fact either because she knew he was right. That's why she was like, "Later."

Jean is alive, and that bleached out scene was certainly fan service for the White Hot Room. I thought it was extremely well-done.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 07-27-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #65
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Or he could keep the bone claws, that would work to.
Just Say No to Bone Claws.

They would be virtually useless for Logan in a battle with Sentinels. Remember, Adamantium can cut through anything. But there's nothing especially significant about the density of Logan's bone structure--his claws can snap like anyone else's. And they grow back like finger nails, so...yeah.

SO, I stayed for the mid-credits scene. Was there another scene after the credits were completely over? I got up and left I guess after the mid-credit scene...I thought that was it.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #66
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
In fact, the entire Wolverine film altogether blew me away, 180 degrees away from the lousy Origins film...but that's a topic for another thread.
Oooh. I'm glad you liked it.

Origins was on TV tonight. First time I watched it in years. Still appalled.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #67
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:

Cyclops is definitely alive somewhere. If he were dead for real he'd be with her in The White Hot Room.

I disagree. Why is it horrible? It's actually in line with the comic canon--Jean is always beckoning to Logan from the White Hot Room, and if it's not him, she's communicating with Scott, Emma or someone else.

And both X2 AND X3: The Last Stand established CLEARLY that Jean has the ability to communicate while "dead": At the conclusion of X2, Xavier had a clear notion that Jean had survived. In X3, she appealed to Scott, luring him to Alkali Lake. And she definitely has a psychic lock on Logan, enabling communication between them as well.

So her appearing in this form to Logan in this latest Wolverine film is not far-fetched at all. I definitely don't think it's a dream or a hallucination. I loved how Logan kinda checked Jean and put her in her place towards the end of the film: she blamed him for "putting her there" and he reminded her that she was murdering innocents. And she didn't argue the fact either because she knew he was right. That's why she was like, "Later."

Jean is alive, and that bleached out scene was certainly fan service for the White Hot Room. I thought it was extremely well-done.
I think to clear they were trying to say once Logan said he loved her but wasn't ready she then vanished to show she is no longer haunting his mind

I think its wishful thinking for anyone to think otherwise

Old 07-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #68
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I'd like to see the bone claws in the future portions of DoFP, but I wouldn't mind if Wolverine had his adamantium claws back in an alternate better future at the end.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #69
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I'd like to see the bone claws in the future portions of DoFP, but I wouldn't mind if Wolverine had his adamantium claws back in an alternate better future at the end.
If thats the case, then that might mean the events of The Wolverine didn't happen in the altered future.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #70
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSummers View Post
He has been disintegrated, like Xavier in Jean's house
No, he hasn't. Why would Jean still be near Alkali Lake, also she was unconscious. She should just left this place, after killed him. There happened something we didn't see on screen.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #71
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
No, he hasn't. Why would Jean still be near Alkali Lake, also she was unconscious. She should just left this place, after killed him. There happened something we didn't see on screen.
The implication is certainly that she disintegrated him.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 07-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #72
JP
To me

Quote:

Agree. My first thought was "White hot room? "

Old 07-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #73
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Agree. My first thought was "White hot room? "
Exactly. They could've done that scene sooo many different ways. Yet they chose that very specific direction for a reason.

It's the White Hot Room. Definitely.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #74
merbass
Side-Kick

Charles has special gift - It could be explained briefly that he did not even enter Jean's house. He had to trick everyone to see what Jean was capable of. He was with Moira all these time.

The cure - It never meant to be a permanent cure. Worthington was near bankrupt, so he found a way to earn money.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #75
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
Charles has special gift - It could be explained briefly that he did not even enter Jean's house. He had to trick everyone to see what Jean was capable of. He was with Moira all these time.
Ooh, I like that explanation. But then, why continue to allow the X-Men to believe and mourn his death? Even allowing the erection of a monument in his honor? Wouldn't that be cruel?

Closed Thread