The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #76
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Chthon. His Alias...The Other

MCU's The Other

I think it's possible, we may be looking at the first Elder God of the MCU.

I also think that he's not as much as "Thanos' *****" as I did before...there is something very mysterious about that character..I mean, before we saw the movie, no one had ANY idea who..or what he is. Only character in the MCU so far that isn't really identified.

In all honesty, it wouldn't bother me at all if he wasn't in the sequel, aside from the sake of Renner, cause I like him
I never thought of this lol. Nice job finding it. Yeah why not?

Old 07-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #77
divan
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
I just hope they stay as far away as possible from anything that even remotely brings to mind the Terminator movies or HAL or Battlestar or I,RObot or about a hundred episodes of various tv shows. A.I. run amok is second only to time travel in the pantheon of overused scifi plot devices. They need to make Ultron a real character who just happens to be artificial. I trust Whedon knows this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
This.

That's the one thing I always worried about an Ultron-centric Avenger movie from way back; and now that Joss has apparently kicked Hank Pym to the curb, I worry even more. Fanboys like me are already up in arms because we know that Joss is crapping on a major part of Avenger canon; but mainstream audiences could easily start hating on this concept, too, if it turns into just another been-there done-that killer robot movie.

By taking away the psychosexual deviance of the Pym-Ultron-Janet relationship, Joss has taken away the heart and the horror of the Frankenstein story variant. That's what drives Ultron stories, *not* "zomg killer robot!!1!1!!"
Whedon already toyed with implicit themes of artificial intelligence in Buffy the Vampire Slayer with, for example, the one-time character April (who, hilariously enough, was in love with her creator).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
From SHH
Great if you ask me. Black Widow was one of the best developed characters in the first Avengers and I was afraid she would lose her charm in the sequel (with so many characters et all).

Great to know she'll be intersting once again.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #78
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Maybe the other is taking Mephisto's place in the Infinity Gauntlet story.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #79
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
Maybe the other is taking Mephisto's place in the Infinity Gauntlet story.

That's my guess, too.
And if Thanos had the frickin' Prince of Darkness Himself as his right hand man in IG, I don't see a problem with thinking an entity as powerful as Chthon could be his henchman, either.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #80
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
Great if you ask me. Black Widow was one of the best developed characters in the first Avengers and I was afraid she would lose her charm in the sequel (with so many characters et all).

Great to know she'll be intersting once again.
Yeah she was one of the best developed characters, but I just really didn't care for her to be perfectly frank. I want to see more of Cap, but then I guess Cap is not that fun of a character to write for Whedon.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #81
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynAmeIsedDie90 View Post
Yeah she was one of the best developed characters, but I just really didn't care for her to be perfectly frank. I want to see more of Cap, but then I guess Cap is not that fun of a character to write for Whedon.
Not necessarily. Like others have mentioned, Joss had the intention of making the Avengers very Cap centric and shot it that way before they settled on the final cut opting for a more balanced one.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #82
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Not necessarily. Like others have mentioned, Joss had the intention of making the Avengers very Cap centric and shot it that way before they settled on the final cut opting for a more balanced one.
LOL @ 1:35
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqj...otlight_people

I guess I was straight up wrong! Sorry about that guys. It just seemed like Whedon would prefer writing characters that are more morally ambiguous.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #83
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynAmeIsedDie90 View Post
LOL @ 1:35
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqj...otlight_people

I guess I was straight up wrong! Sorry about that guys. It just seemed like Whedon would prefer writing characters that are more morally ambiguous.
And why shouldn't he? That's how people are in real life. Incest and domestic abuse may be crossing the line... but is it a line that shouldnt be crossed?

Either way, Whedon has the right idea when it comes to this. His idea about Pym and Ultron on the other hand...

Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #84
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's my guess, too.
And if Thanos had the frickin' Prince of Darkness Himself as his right hand man in IG, I don't see a problem with thinking an entity as powerful as Chthon could be his henchman, either.
Well they could certainly use Mephisto if they wanted to now.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #85
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

I don't know about them using 'Infinity' as source,since I never read the comic (I don't want to also).

http://jpeace4.blogspot.ca/2013/07/c...um=twitter&m=1

Old 07-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #86
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

well, Infinity isn't released yet lol

Old 07-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #87
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I'd bet that some of what we see in Infinity will be adapted into the MCU.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 07-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #88
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Who knows!

Old 07-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #89
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Marvel's The Avengers, Marvel's The Avengers: Age Of Ultron, Marvel's The Avengers: Infinity.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #90
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
Marvel's The Avengers, Marvel's The Avengers: Age Of Ultron, Marvel's The Avengers: Infinity.
I don't really care for the title but while that one is good i would prefer something like:

The Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet or The Avengers: The Thanos Imperative

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 07-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #91
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I don't really care for the title but while that one is good i would prefer something like:

The Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet or The Avengers: The Thanos Imperative
I would prefer Infinity Gauntlet, though part of me thinks they may shorten it to Infinity. That said Age Of Ultron should have been The Ultron Imperative.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #92
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
We don't even know if Janet is Wasp in Ant-Man because Edgar Wright was pretty vague about her role in Ant-Man when he talked about her character. I think we might get a set up kind of thing like we got with Rhodey in Iron Man.
he mentioned setting things up for a spinoff. maybe that would be the more pym- wasp-centric Ant-Man movie.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:46 AM   #93
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
We don't even know if Janet is Wasp in Ant-Man because Edgar Wright was pretty vague about her role in Ant-Man when he talked about her character. I think we might get a set up kind of thing like we got with Rhodey in Iron Man.
I don't remember Edgar Wright ever talking about Wasp.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #94
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't remember Edgar Wright ever talking about Wasp.
From an outdated 2008 interview with Wright:

Quote:
Interviewer: Are you going to be able to get the Wasp in there at all?

Wright: In a very roundabout way. We want to sort of leave some things for some future visions or spin-off things as well. It's difficult to tell forty years of Avengers history in one film, and I'd rather concentrate on two or three great characters.
Who knows where he's positioned Janet in the last five years of rewrites, though.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #95
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

From an outdated 1978 interview with Wright:

Quote:

Interviewer: So are we likely to see Hank Pym?

Wright: Well of course. Who else is there? It's not like another guy is going to come along in a year's time and steal Ant-Man's costume in some random Marvel Premiere issue. I promise you, this movie will be out before 1980. We've got some great special effects right now: Star Wars cutting edge level. You'll believe a man can shrink.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #96
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I made this about a year ago I think. It has been my desktop pic since, never thought about it but perhaps some of you would like it. I also made some modifications from my old so its even better

Does anyone know how I can upload in its actual quality so that others can get the HD version?

Last edited by Mightyally; 07-27-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #97
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeace4 View Post
Certainly when I wrote it I assumed that they would use a combination of the past Thanos stories and that may mean what we see in Infinity this year. However, they are being very thoughtful in what they are putting into the books now and are, in some cases, looking to the books for inspiration whether that be in the form of plot or character development, etc.

It seems that the Age of Ultron series was designed with the Avengers film sequel in mind and NOT that Whedon decided to use the name afterwards.

Marvel Studios and Comics are definitely aware of what's going on in each other's areas and are working together.
I've had this thought for quite some time now too.

For a little while I personally speculated that Avengers 2 would feature Ultron, and the obvious title would be Age of Ultron

Old 07-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #98
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
I don't know about them using 'Infinity' as source,since I never read the comic (I don't want to also).

http://jpeace4.blogspot.ca/2013/07/c...um=twitter&m=1
Why don't you want to read it? It's a classic.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #99
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Its bodacious and awesome at the same time

Old 07-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #100
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeace4 View Post
In my reading experience most, if not all, of the arcs involving Thanos are pretty good reads. I am really looking forward to Infinity.
Yeah, Infinity should be excellent. Hickman's a fantastic writer!

Closed Thread