The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #76
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Me and Regwec finally agree on one thing, 100 %! We need to start a campaign for Wes Bentley. He is PERFECT for this role.

Quote:
You don't like Gosling for the role but you think Adkins would do well??? You want to go from Bale to Adkins? Oh boy. I think that Adkins is great for dumb action movies and should stay there.
I SEE SPIDEY. I agree completely. Adkins is a action fighter. Actors will be cast before fighters.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #77
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Old 07-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #78
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post
BXB, Do you think Gina Carano should play WW too? (serious question?)
Not really, she's too slim and chicky. WW needs to be more womanly and curvy. Also she's an MMA fighter, not an actress(oh but she tries). The thing a lot of these mongoloids here don't know(or care to know) is that Adkins is not an MMA fighter, he played one in one set of movies. They probably think he's russian too. The guy is an actor and stuntman who has vast training(and teaches) in many martial arts, not an MMA fighter playing actor. For WW I dunno, it'd probably be best to dip into unkowns and find one with the bod and the potential.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #79
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I only saw bits and pieces of "Undisputed 3"

Who was Michael Keaton before playing Batman? Mr. Mom, and Beetlejuice
Who was Christian Bale before playing Batman? That guy from Equilibrium, American Psycho
Not memorable roles

And who is Henry Cavill? Who was Dean Cane? Who was Christopher Reeve? Who the heck was Brandon Routh?
Any memorable roles any of those played?

Who is Tobey Maguire? Who knew him before he played Spider-Man?

Who the heck is Hugh Jackman? Who who and who are those who played comic book characters for the most part? More B-list actors than important name in cinema
Thing is, besides Brandon Routh, they all had experience leading in both film and stage or years in high quality television as well as training in the field.

Last edited by Llama_Shepherd; 07-27-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #80
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post

Speaking of accents Luke Evans cant pull off an American accent. I also believe he's A) involved in too many franchises that are launched between now and 2015 and B) chemistry with Cavill is one thing but it's about tension, not friendliness which may be what he presents in a screentest since theyre so familiar. It's like if Cooper and Gosling did a screentest. Sure theyre professional actors but those two have like a bromance goin I just wouldn't feel the tension if I was Zack.

Last edited by shauner111; 07-27-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #81
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Me and Regwec finally agree on one thing, 100 %! We need to start a campaign for Wes Bentley. He is PERFECT for this role.

I SEE SPIDEY. I agree completely. Adkins is a action fighter. Actors will be cast before fighters.
He is my preferred choice so far of all the names I've heard mentioned.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #82
BareYourTeeth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
He is my preferred choice so far of all the names I've heard mentioned.
Somebody should use photoshop with this image to show us what he would look like with the cowl on.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #83
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.

Speaking of accents as well, adkins I've heard with 3 different convincing ones. Russian(undisputed), mild english(assassination games) and American(Ninja). He's also starred in a few movies opposite Ole Jean Claude down there. And is most certainly a better martial artist and by far better actor. Assassination Games and the newest Universal Soldier are on Netflix, check em out. Any of you can get a better feel for his ability than him just playing a pissed off russian mma fighter, which seems is the only thing aside from Expendables you recognise him from.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #84
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BareYourTeeth View Post
Somebody should use photoshop with this image to show us what he would look like with the cowl on.
With that facial hair?

Old 07-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #85
BareYourTeeth
Side-Kick

I was hoping they could edit that out.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #86
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I like the direction this thread is headed in. Acting ability isn't half as important as fighting ability, musculature and having a powerful jawline. My guess is the current frontrunners are:

Dolph Lungren
Anderson Silva
Kevin Nash
Chris Jericho
Whoever Won American Ninja Warrior
Mike O'Hearn
The Situation
Brock Lesnar
LaRon Landry

Old 07-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #87
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I like the direction this thread is headed in. Acting ability isn't half as important as fighting ability, musculature and having a powerful jawline. My guess is the current frontrunners are:

Dolph Lungren
Anderson Silva
Kevin Nash
Chris Jericho
Mike O'Hearn
The Situation
Brock Lesnar
LaRon Landry
What's Jeff Speakman up to these days?

Old 07-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #88
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
What's Jeff Speakman up to these days?
Screentesting for Batman, of course!

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #89
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.

Quote:

Dolph Lungren
Anderson Silva
Kevin Nash
Chris Jericho
Mike O'Hearn
The Situation
Brock Lesnar
LaRon Landry
Overexaggerate much? Oh, and speaking of ninja warrior I vote for Makoto Nagano for The Shredder. Seriously, you guys all seem to assume Adkins is just some mma fighter that broke into acting, when he's been acting and training since a teen. Got his break in the hong kong action scene etc. Look it up. None of you obviously know anything about him, just assumptions because most of his roles have been more centered on his fighting ability. Like I said, check out some of his other movies with more acting involved. Assassination Games and the newest Universal Soldier he was really good in and did more actual acting. And even with all the Undisputed bias, you have to recognise this guy is English, yet pulled off an amazingly accurate russian accent in that movie series. And is good enough at his art to convince you guys that he's an mma fighter. Haha

Old 07-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #90
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
He actually looks more like the Batman: Earth One version of Bruce Wayne.

Maybe a cross between Hoechlin's brow and Witwers super pronounced lips and jaw, lol.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #91
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxB402 View Post
Overexaggerate much? Oh, and speaking of ninja warrior I vote for Makoto Nagano for The Shredder. Seriously, you guys all seem to assume Adkins is just some mma fighter that broke into acting, when he's been acting and training since a teen. Got his break in the hong kong action scene etc. Look it up. None of you obviously know anything about him, just assumptions because most of his roles have been more centered on his fighting ability. Like I said, check out some of his other movies with more acting involved. Assassination Games and the newest Universal Soldier he was really good in and did more actual acting. And even with all the Undisputed bias, you have to recognise this guy is English, yet pulled off an amazingly accurate russian accent in that movie series. And is good enough at his art to convince you guys that he's an mma fighter. Haha
Hey, if Atkins' acting in Universal Soldier is anywhere close to Goldberg in that other Universal Soldier movie, then I'm sold.

Atkins must be CASTED.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #92
BxB402
Mr. B if you're Nasty.

Quote:
Hey, if Atkins' acting in Universal Soldier is anywhere close to Goldberg in that other Universal Soldier movie, then I'm sold.

Atkins must be CASTED.
herp, but seriously...UC: Day Of Reckoning is probably the best of the UC sequels. It's much different than the same ole **** the rest were. Adkins is the protagonist and JCVD + Lundgren are back as the main baddies. Good fight scenes and adkins does more acting than fighting. It's a good watch. I've sat through many many bad movies and many amazing movies, so if I say it's a good watch it usually is. Hell, how many other people immediately recognize a Zap Rowsdower fan? I'm a movie nerd. Adkins may not be an A-level actor, but he's not bad and is getting better with each role. He may not be the popular mainstream choice, but he's a good one despite your lack of experience.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #93
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I would be horrified if a meat head were cast as Batman. Imagine a meat head attempting to carry a movie like The Dark Knight. *shudder*

Old 07-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #94
shauner111
Side-Kick

I would indeed be horrified.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #95
StraightSix
Side-Kick

People complaining about gosling chin? Didn't Christian bale have the same problem? Which is why the tdk suit made his head look like a lightbulb? If that's the the flaw people bring up with gosling than its not a very good one at all.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #96
shauner111
Side-Kick

I agree.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #97
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
People complaining about gosling chin? Didn't Christian bale have the same problem? Which is why the tdk suit made his head look like a lightbulb? If that's the the flaw people bring up with gosling than its not a very good one at all.
I didn't like it about Bale either, but what could any of us do about it?

Old 07-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #98
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

The Hoechlin rumor is bulls***, El Mayimbe said as much on Twitter.

For the candidate, I reiterate:

Garrett Hedlund

Old 07-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #99
bluearth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Gosling's a good actor, but, with his weak triangular shaped jaw, he looks nothing like Bruce Wayne/Batman at all. The costume designer would go insane trying to make a cowl that simultaneously conforms to his face and does justice to the character. So, aside from being just as well known and "distinct" looking as Gyllenhaal, he's definitely not perfect for the role.
We're now casting the next Batman based on jawlines? His jawline isnt much different then Christain Bale's.

Whoever is cast as Batman will be like Marvel's Iron Man, the pillar of the DC cinematic universe. I can sleep much better at night knowing the responsibility of such a role is in Ryan Gosling's hands.

Quote:
He's been clean since 2009.
He'll be 35 in a month and based on his recent acting career Hollywood doesnt trust him as much. I realize Robert Downey Jr overcame the same thing and became Iron Man, but the story doesnt always end that way.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #100
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Riggins View Post
The Hoechlin rumor is bulls***, El Mayimbe said as much on Twitter.

For the candidate, I reiterate:

Garrett Hedlund

I'm very cool with this.

Thought he was great in Tron Legacy. I believe I've seen pictures of him with black hair, for another movie role.

Closed Thread