The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #101
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I didn't like it about Bale either, but what could any of us do about it?
I think the majority of fans either didn't care or didn't notice. It's only the really nitpicky fanboy that this bothered. For many people Bale is Batman yet no squared chin was telling them that he couldn't be. Terrible argument.

I think the issue with Bale was his Batman voice. Which is sad because his Batman Begins voice was good good compared to the sequels. I wonder why it changed so much.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #102
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

He's good in Tron, but his main reference for me is On The Road, his performance in it is absolutely sensational. So much charisma.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #103
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Did it? I didn't notice the voice change. Sounded the same to me.

Things like square jaw, or eye color or hair color are non issues for casting the part. I'd argue even weight is a non issue, since whoever gets it will probably bulk up anyways.

I agree about Bentley, too. I can't see them taking the risk with him. It was a completely different case with Iron Man, that managed to pay off beautifully. And Bentley has the look, too. There's kind of a crazy creepy look in his stare that fits the character, but I don't think they'll pull for him.

Last edited by ChrisBaleBatman; 07-27-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #104
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
I think the majority of fans either didn't care or didn't notice. It's only the really nitpicky fanboy that this bothered. For many people Bale is Batman yet no squared chin was telling them that he couldn't be. Terrible argument.

I think the issue with Bale was his Batman voice. Which is sad because his Batman Begins voice was good good compared to the sequels. I wonder why it changed so much.
Interrogating someone with the Batvoice is fine.
A few words with the Batvoice is fine.
Whole monologues with the Batvoice is re-****ing-diculous.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #105
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
He's been clean since 2009.
good for him.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #106
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Wes Bentley apparently has a drug problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
He's been clean since 2009.
Quote:
He'll be 35 in a month and based on his recent acting career Hollywood doesnt trust him as much. I realize Robert Downey Jr overcame the same thing and became Iron Man, but the story doesnt always end that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
I agree about Bentley, too. I can't see them taking the risk with him. It was a completely different case with Iron Man, that managed to pay off beautifully. And Bentley has the look, too. There's kind of a crazy creepy look in his stare that fits the character, but I don't think they'll pull for him.
Bentley has pulled his life around and got clean. He has been clean for years, and the fact that he is now being entrusted with big roles in big films by directors who are broadly respected, shows that (a) there isn't much risk, and (b) whatever risk there is is justified by his talents.

I think his past gives him a bit of added edge. It will certainly equip him with a dark place to draw upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
Gemma Arterton as WonderWoman made me ejaculate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxB402 View Post
Not really, she's too slim and chicky. WW needs to be more womanly and curvy. Also she's an MMA fighter, not an actress(oh but she tries). The thing a lot of these mongoloids here don't know(or care to know) is that Adkins is not an MMA fighter, he played one in one set of movies. They probably think he's russian too. The guy is an actor and stuntman who has vast training(and teaches) in many martial arts, not an MMA fighter playing actor. For WW I dunno, it'd probably be best to dip into unkowns and find one with the bod and the potential.
I'm going to be the grownup here, and leave aside the fact that you just flamed everyone here, though if anyone else wants to report that, I wouldn't judge.

Whatever the talents of this Adkins fellow- and I can tell you're a huge fan- you can probably acknowledge that being cast as Batman would be a huge leap for him. He would be following Bale, Clooney, Kilmer, and Keaton, who are all feted actors, even where the individual movies weren't great. This Adkins guy is not known as an actor, and the best thing for his career (if he wants to act) would be to build up the size and difficulty of his roles. If I was his agent, I might be trying to campaign to get him an audition for a villain in a movie like this- maybe David Caine or King Snake. Pushing him as Batman would probably get him laughed out of town, and would do his career more harm than good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I like the direction this thread is headed in. Acting ability isn't half as important as fighting ability, musculature and having a powerful jawline. My guess is the current frontrunners are:

Dolph Lungren
Anderson Silva
Kevin Nash
Chris Jericho
Whoever Won American Ninja Warrior
Mike O'Hearn
The Situation
Brock Lesnar
LaRon Landry
Don't be ridiculous. You forgot height.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #107
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Wes Bentley? Yikes. That's the first suggestion that I really kind of hate. I don't think he has it in him at all.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #108
regwec
Shakespearo

Don't worry, everyone will soon forget you said that.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #109
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

He definitely has the intensity. I just don't like him as a pick because he looks like evil incarnate. He'd be a superb villain.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #110
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
Maybe a cross between Hoechlin's brow and Witwers super pronounced lips and jaw, lol.
The drawing is better than both though.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #111
combocaz
Side-Kick

I like luke evans but his accent is off. Watch "no one lives" im not sure if hes doing american or british.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
Old 07-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #112
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Wes Bentley is probably my favorite realistic pick at this point.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #113
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

If Snyder and Goyer believe in him, then it'd probably be a hell of a fight they'd need to make for him with WB.

I think his history would be a determining factor for the studio to run offense on the choice. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but that it'd probably be the case. Snyder and Goyer would probably have to fight harder than Goyer and Nolan did for Bale, but if they believe Bentley is the man then I'm sure they'd do it.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #114
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
If Snyder and Goyer believe in him, then it'd probably be a hell of a fight they'd need to make for him with WB.

I think his history would be a determining factor for the studio to run offense on the choice. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but that it'd probably be the case. Snyder and Goyer would probably have to fight harder than Goyer and Nolan did for Bale, but if they believe Bentley is the man then I'm sure they'd do it.
The fact they're okay with him being in Chris Nolan's upcoming movie is probably a good sign that the "battle" would be won.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #115
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
I like the direction this thread is headed in. Acting ability isn't half as important as fighting ability, musculature and having a powerful jawline. My guess is the current frontrunners are:

Dolph Lungren
Anderson Silva
Kevin Nash
Chris Jericho
Whoever Won American Ninja Warrior
Mike O'Hearn
The Situation
Brock Lesnar
LaRon Landry
Yes please. We need one of the most buff guys in the NFL for Batman!

Old 07-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #116
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
The fact they're okay with him being in Chris Nolan's upcoming movie is probably a good sign that the "battle" would be won.
Yeah, Interstellar is a high-profile project that will likely be a big hit (Nolan = $). Plus, he was also in Hunger Games and that was huge. I think if we were talking about Bentley back when he was doing crap like "P2" then WB would laugh in his face, but he's turned things around considerably as of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Yes please. We need one of the most buff guys in the NFL for Batman!
If this doesn't scream Batman, then I don't know what does!

Of course, football season is coming up, so he might not be available. Someone call Ryan Braun. He's got a lot of free time these days.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #117
trisarahtopsx

i think because they're doing a reboot of superman and creatinga new batman that fits into this universe, it's nice to see fresh faces on the screen. so what about sullivan stapleton? he has the charisma and bold personality that bruce has, also he's already had experience working with snyder in the new 300 movie. he's tough, confident, and cleans up nicely. for anyone who does not know to whom i am referring to, go and watch the trailer for the new 300 movie, he's one of the main characters.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #118
shauner111
Side-Kick

Jawlines, eye color, hair...I agree....NONE of this will be taken into consideration until later when they have to create a cowl for the actor. It's all irrelevant. Only hardcore fans care about this stuff and honestly the fans aren't really why these movies are made. Theyre made because the studios want money, tailor made for the general audiences not fanboys, and if the director is passionate himself and puts in what HE wants to put into a superhero movie.

Physique is also not a big issue. It's an issue. Only Bale got his role as a skinny man coming off of The Machinist cuz he's friggin Bale! And he has the dedication to bulk up. But they don't have to look like Joe Manganiello once they walk into a screentest. If they look average and it's months away from production, then it's fine. They hire trainers. As long as they're average in build.

The casting is all about intensity, dynamics as an actor (3 sides to a character people, not 1, Adkins should wake up from a Batman casting dream and apologize to WB just for dreaming it). It's all about box-office potential too. A bomb few years ago might mean nothing like Gyllenhaal and Prince Of Persia, but Armie Hammer for example JUST bombed really bad in Lone Ranger. Theyre casting now-ish. So that's never happening. Thank God anyway because he has zero intensity.

This is why Gosling and Bentley are big contenders. No matter what people say about this guy's voice, blah blah. It means nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post
Wes Bentley? Yikes. That's the first suggestion that I really kind of hate. I don't think he has it in him at all.
He has it in him more than anyone else suggested. Don't know what you're saying man!

Old 07-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #119
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I commend Wes Bentley for getting clean. I've heard that addiction to drugs is a powerful thing and I think it's great that he was able to beat it and I hope he continues to stay sober. Good for him for scoring a role in Hunger Games and Interstellar. I don't think anyone or any company should hold anything against with regards to his past problems.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #120
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisarahtopsx View Post
i think because they're doing a reboot of superman and creatinga new batman that fits into this universe, it's nice to see fresh faces on the screen. so what about sullivan stapleton? he has the charisma and bold personality that bruce has, also he's already had experience working with snyder in the new 300 movie. he's tough, confident, and cleans up nicely. for anyone who does not know to whom i am referring to, go and watch the trailer for the new 300 movie, he's one of the main characters.

I really like Stapleton as an actor and I've suggested him here before, but I think his Strike Back co-star, Philip Winchester is a better fit for Batman. Of course, that might just be because his Strike Back character is much more Batman-like while Sullivan's is more of a Hal Jordan type.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #121
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did it? I didn't notice the voice change. Sounded the same to me.

Things like square jaw, or eye color or hair color are non issues for casting the part. I'd argue even weight is a non issue, since whoever gets it will probably bulk up anyways.

It is different from Batman Begins to the other films.
I thought it was digitally altered. Well, it's what I see in that bank scene in TDK. The voice has changed.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #122
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Yeah, Interstellar is a high-profile project that will likely be a big hit (Nolan = $). Plus, he was also in Hunger Games and that was huge. I think if we were talking about Bentley back when he was doing crap like "P2" then WB would laugh in his face, but he's turned things around considerably as of late.

If this doesn't scream Batman, then I don't know what does!

Of course, football season is coming up, so he might not be available. Someone call Ryan Braun. He's got a lot of free time these days.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #123
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
We're now casting the next Batman based on jawlines? His jawline isnt much different then Christain Bale's.
Solid acting prowess and stage presence are, of course, paramount. For once, though, I'd like to see Batman/Bruce Wayne appear much like he does in the comics. When it comes to Superman actors like Cavill or Reeve, it's not uncommon to hear people say thinks like, "Look at that jaw. It's like he stepped right out of the comics!!!" And I want to hear people say the same thing about the new Batman if at all possible.

In light of the fact they're rebooting the franchise much earlier than many of us on here anticipated, why not indulge the purist perspective a little? It's not like we're actually involved in the casting process anyhow.

As for Bale, my opinion isn't really based on any previous Batman incarnation on film. Although he was the best live-action Batman to date, he still wasn't the definitive version of the character in my eyes. That said, I'm entirely focused on the future of "the dark knight", devoid of any baggage -- good or bad.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #124
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monicabbm View Post
It is different from Batman Begins to the other films.
I thought it was digitally altered. Well, it's what I see in that bank scene in TDK. The voice has changed.
Yeah, they altered it in TDK and (I think) TDKR. Not sure why. It was great in BB other than maybe that "It's what I do" scene.

I still think it was good throughout most of the other two films; it only bothered me in scenes where he was yelling or when they hampered him with stupid lines ("This city showed you that it's filled with people who belieeeeeve in gooooooooood.")

Ah, the brilliant Jonah Nolan, who writes dialogue that's SO much better than Goyer's.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #125
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I commend Wes Bentley for getting clean. I've heard that addiction to drugs is a powerful thing and I think it's great that he was able to beat it and I hope he continues to stay sober. Good for him for scoring a role in Hunger Games and Interstellar. I don't think anyone or any company should hold anything against with regards to his past problems.
He was one of the best friends of heath ledger:

Quote:
DETAILS: Later, you became friends with Heath Ledger while filming The Four Feathers. What kind of impact did he have on you?
Wes Bentley: He was as close as a person could be to me without being my actual brother. We both had that thing in us—a bit of reckless fearlessness. Whenever we got together, especially early on, we were all about pushing ourselves to be better. Not just as actors, but with our lives, too—the way we approached relationships, reading and writing poetry . . .

DETAILS: Did you read your poems to each other?
Wes Bentley: No, but we did show each other our work. He wrote his poetry on the computer, I wrote mine by hand. One time—this was in London, early in the morning, and we'd been up all night—I was reading from his computer, and I turned to him and said, 'This is beautiful, man, but I hate reading on computers.' He walked right up, grabbed the laptop, snapped it over his knee, and threw it off the balcony. Then he looked down and went, "Oh ****. Shouldn't have done that."

DETAILS: Do you still keep in touch with anyone in his family?
Wes Bentley: No, not really. I knew them well, but when he and Michelle were having their baby, we started to drift apart because I was falling more into my addiction and I felt like I shouldn't be bringing that around him. I respect her so much, and I just didn't want to . . . it was like that with my family. I shut off from everyone because I didn't want them to see or be around [me]. When Heath died, you'd think I'd react by saying, "Oh God, this stuff . . . I don't want to die too." But it actually made me fall in it deeper.
Read More http://www.details.com/celebrities-e...#ixzz2aHTScnFI

Closed Thread