The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #101
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

Infinity starts next week right?

Old 07-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #102
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Infinity starts next week right?
No. Sometime in August. Soon but not next week.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #103
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
No. Sometime in August. Soon but not next week.
Wordddddd

Old 07-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #104
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

still two issues left in Thanos Rising as well. I know when it comes to Marvel Villains, its doom, the goblin, the skull, but Thanos deserves to be on that tier as well. In my (have to admit, pretty bias) opinion, Thanos is the best, most interesting Villain in marvel. Which is why he became my favorite

Old 07-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #105
Lord
All Mighty

It probably has to do with them having more appearance than Thanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #106
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^ very true.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #107
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Thanos Rising has been awesome. Love it.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #108
Mr. Dent
Banned User

It's been weird, not sure about awesome.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #109
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
It's been weird, not sure about awesome.
I dunno I've been loving it, but curious what's been weird about it to you?

Old 07-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #110
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Thanos Rising has been awesome. Love it.
Quote:
I love it too.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #111
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Not to stray too far from topic, but just love stuff like this in Thanos Rising.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 07-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #112
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

the only thing, and the ONLY thing, I don't like about it, is how he has that...fin, that pops up behind his head.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #113
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
the only thing, and the ONLY thing, I don't like about it, is how he has that...fin, that pops up behind his head.
I could be wrong but I think it's part of the piece around his neck. And it just comes up from behind his head. Not sure if that's just when he was younger or as an adult as well?

Old 07-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #114
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Think itīs better now

Make sure to copy the url to get big picture!

Last edited by Mightyally; 07-29-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #115
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

You know, now that I've read this Whedon quote again, the prospect is pretty exciting. I'm not really attached to Hank Pym so I've never had a problem with him not being involved.

"We’re crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about."

Maybe that means each of the Avengers will have a hand in creating Ultron. Tony builds him, Banner does some of the brain wave type stuff. Steve teaches him how to fight or something like that. Maybe Ultron is essentially the Avengers combined.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #116
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Maybe that means each of the Avengers will have a hand in creating Ultron. Tony builds him, Banner does some of the brain wave type stuff. Steve teaches him how to fight or something like that. Maybe Ultron is essentially the Avengers combined.
I suspect this is whats happening. its going to be one of theose scenarios in which every Phase II movie will have something that links to Ultrons creation, but it will be vague enough that we won't notice it. And then Avengers 2 comes along and explains it all and we'll be like "oh we should have seen that coming"

In IM3 for example i'm betting that 'empty brain slot' thing that Killian talked about is going to show up again and play a part in this.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #117
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
Yeah, Infinity should be excellent. Hickman's a fantastic writer!
Really so far A and NA have been confusing, jarbled, and nonsensical messes. I really hope there's a payoff because its been an absolute letdown so far.

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Old 07-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #118
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
You know, now that I've read this Whedon quote again, the prospect is pretty exciting. I'm not really attached to Hank Pym so I've never had a problem with him not being involved.

"We’re crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about."

That would be cool. Like they all raised him. It would make him all of their child. Would add another layer to his character as well, to see the team literally raise him, while in the comics he went crazy right off the bat when Hank imprinted his brain waves.

Quote:
Thanos having sex with every woman in the galaxy and making 847575645 off spring. The pet cave lizards...etc.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #119
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
That would be cool. Like they all raised him. It would make him all of their child. Would add another layer to his character as well, to see the team literally raise him, while in the comics he went crazy right off the bat when Hank imprinted his brain waves.
Exactly. And sorry to all you Pym fans, but that actually makes Ultron a lot more interesting than he would be with just one person (A person who the audience isn't even familiar with) creating him.

The traditional way makes Ultron personal to only one member of the team, I hope Whedon makes him personal for more than one (if not all) member(s).

Old 07-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #120
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

If they're taking that approach where the characters try to create like an Avengers-bot and Ultron happens, I'd dig it.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #121
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Exactly. And sorry to all you Pym fans, but that actually makes Ultron a lot more interesting than he would be with just one person (A person who the audience isn't even familiar with) creating him.

The traditional way makes Ultron personal to only one member of the team, I hope Whedon makes him personal for more than one (if not all) member(s).
Yep. This makes Ultron stronger as a villain and character.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #122
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Neat idea, I just donīt buy it. 3 Avengers max, no more than that will be involved.
But hey, thatīs just one mans opinion.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #123
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Also, A lot of people said Iron Man 3 didn't do anything to push the MCU along, but that was with the notion that Phase 2 would be cosmic and that Thanos would be the main villain. Iron Man 3's place in the MCU makes a lot more sense now that we know that's not the case.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #124
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Neat idea, I just donīt buy it. 3 Avengers max, no more than that will be involved.
But hey, thatīs just one mans opinion.
The point is that I don't think it will be just Tony Stark who's tied to Ultron. Even if all of the Avengers don't help create Ultron, they'll still all be involved before he turns evil. What's so hard to buy about that?

Old 07-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #125
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Quote:

In regards to this idea: So now we'd be throwing just about everything written about the character out the window in addition to not including Pym. At what point does this become the "Avengers" in title only? Is Fox making this movie now?

And strongly disagree that this is a better idea than the plots that Avengers writers have established over the past fifty years. Typical hollywood arrogance. Let's fix what was never broken.

I'm sorry if my tone is a little rude - this isn't meant to be a personal attack on any poster.

Last edited by StreetWarrior; 07-27-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Closed Thread