I liked her mischievous smile.
i found her very sexy in a bad girl sort of way

she was definitely the biggest surprise of the film

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #77
Chief275
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rila Fukushima as Yukio

Can someone answer this - is Yukio 'Lady Deathstryke'? I looked her up on Wikipedia and there are two Yukio's in the Wolverine universe. Just trying to determine who the movie version was based off of.

Chief275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #78
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Deathstrike is "Yuriko" not Yukio.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #79
Chief275
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Deathstrike is "Yuriko" not Yukio.
Ok makes sense. Thanks!

Chief275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #80
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Just gonna throw this out there.. Thoughts on Yukio becoming the new Psylocke for the X-Force movie?

Based on what's been done in the film series so far it's definitely in the realm of possibility albeit a long shot.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #81
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

She had the audience gasping throughout the movie...Loved her she was great I hope we get to see her again.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #82
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Not a bad suggestion. I think Yukio and the other females of the movie were definitely a highlight of The Wolverine. It would make her being a mutant more worthwhile than it was in this film. I didn't think aspect of the character was needed, but it could be developed on for the future.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #83
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Absolutely. All it would take is Prof X to teach her to hone her psychic powers and we might get a real kickass Psylocke unleashing her psy-blade in a future movie

That character's history is so convoluted in the comics I doubt many would mind another change for the betterment of the franchise

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 07-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #84
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Agreed. Psylocke (and many other x-men characters) would have to undergo adaptations in order to get into these movies. There is so much backstory for many of the characters and in some cases it can feel more than a little schizophrenic with all the different directions certain characters take. Trimming off some of the the more outrageous aspects of a character can arguably be a great help in adapting them for the screen. Something which I think characters like Cable, if we are to see him in X-force, would desperately need.

Though I was thinking about Psylocke the other day and how it could be possible to adapt her for the screen in a better way than X3, but still keep X3 Psylocke canon (sorta). I thought since Prof. X did the body swap trick in X3 that it would be nice if they introduced a white English Elisabeth Braddock with psychic powers that suffered a fatal wound at the hands of an asian assassin (Psylocke from X3, but recasted) then it would be similar to the comics since Psylocke is the result of a body swap there also.

Though if Yukio were to be the x-films version of Psylocke I wonder if maybe they could do something similar to my idea mentioned above, except Yukio being the enemy (which would be unlikely), she instead willingly offers to take Braddock's consciousness inside her and the result is a mixture of the two women. A British/Japanese psychic ninja.

Though saying that I think that would probably be too convoluted (even with the precedent of X3) and it would be a shame to lose Yukio in any form since she was a great character.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #85
BlackFox
Almost ninja

I dont quite see her as Psylocke (damn I cant wait for them to do her properly in film) but she so needs to come back again in some capacity. Too good to throw away.

There isnt enough good female comic book characters in movies so far, but she is certainly one of them, pretty mean with a sword too.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #86
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Having prophetic visions of people's deaths in no way except a lot of fanwanking could lead to anything that Psylocke can do. Let Psylocke be Psylocke whenever they get a chance to do her right, and let Yukio, who is by far the standout character of the film, be her own character without having to add something unneeded into her development. She was awesome in this and deserves to grow on her own.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #87
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

I'd prefer to have Rila's Yukio as Psylocke in the film-verse. It makes too much sense now that I've actually considered it. Ain't gonna happen but that's what I would do with the character.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #88
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Why? It's unnecessary and a disservice to both characters really. Psylocke is continuity mess on her own, tacking another character into her is worse. Especially a character who is a embodiment of being a strong female who doesn't need to rely on big powers to get **** done.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #89
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

How is it such a disservice? Any movie version of Psylocke will differ significantly from her comic counterpart. This version of Yukio developing as a character into the movie version of Psylocke seems like it could be a good fit.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #90
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Anybody know if Rila did her own stunts or did she have a stunt double, her moves were pretty awesome to watch.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #91
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

More than likely she had a stunt double. She got into some fights throughout the movie so it would be weird if she didn't have one. That's not to say she didn't do any of them. I imagine she did some of it when they needed to see her face.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #92
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
How is it such a disservice? Any movie version of Psylocke will differ significantly from her comic counterpart. This version of Yukio developing as a character into the movie version of Psylocke seems like it could be a good fit.
Yes, Psylocke would differ somewhat from her comic counterpart when/if adapted, but to shuffle her off onto another character entirely is a disservice. That's like saying she's not strong enough to stand on her own so they have to put her history/characteristics on to someone else that's already established.

And again, Yukio doesn't need to turn into Pyslocke. For one, like I already said, prophetic dreams of deaths in no way, shape, or form could ever turn into what Psylocke can do without a LOT of fanwanking. And again, Yukio is a strong character who gets **** done on her own without relying on big powers. That makes her strong and is part of the essence of the character. Giving her Psylocke's powers would make that secondary to them, and again, are not needed for who she is at the end of the day.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #93
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

We're only having a discussion. No need to get worked up over it. Nobody said she needs to be adapted that way. Just that a couple of us thought it might work out nicely (obviously you disagree).

I also think it's quite a stretch to say that Yukio accomplishing things without relying on her mutant powers is part of the essence of her character and what makes her strong. Her power just doesn't lend itself to accomplishing much of anything, even when it comes to the seemingly sporadic instances she actually has visions. She doesn't have much choice in relying on them or not. The fact that Yukio is an accomplished fighter has little to do with her power either way.

I also don't think that having Yukio develop some secondary minor psychic powers is such a leap of imagination as you try to paint it.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #94
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

I'm not getting worked up. You asked me why I think it's a disservice and I gave you an answer.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #95
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Oh well. My bad. Some of your responses did seem emotional.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #96
BlackFox
Almost ninja

What practical uses could her skills have in the future? How could they be developed?

Old 07-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #97
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Are you referring to my comment about her developing some secondary pyschic skills? I was referring to Psylocke's psychic blades.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #98
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

A disservice to the character is what they did with her in X3. Considering most people overlooked it I'd rather they ignore she existed.

As far as Rila goes, she did do a lot of her own stunts. That was one of the main reasons she was cast.

RE her as a possible Psylocke I think the pros outweigh the cons:

- She's already established as existing in the universe
- She's been very well received
- She's a mutant with psychic powers
- She's a kick ass martial artist
- She has an open ended story with two years absent between the end of Wolvie and beginning of DOFP

Psylocke's comics mythology is so convoluted that I would be 100% on board with them modifying it even more for film use as long as it serves the story. Unlike the unnecessary fan (dis)service of X3. It could easily be explained how Prof X teaches her to tap into her mutant power and extrapolate it for physical combat, etc, etc. Psylocke could simply be Yukio's callsign like Wolverine is Logan's.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #99
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Anyway I had no problem with her look anyway, the girl had style.
She was fierce!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
"This sword is hundreds of years old, called “Danza" after the first samurai to wield it. “Danza" means “separator."
I liked how she delivered this line and her facial expression!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #100
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Just gonna throw this out there.. Thoughts on Yukio becoming the new Psylocke for the X-Force movie?

Based on what's been done in the film series so far it's definitely in the realm of possibility albeit a long shot.
Sure!

And I don't really want to see Psylocke in a X-Force movie, I prefer her to be in a X-Men movie.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote