The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 07-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #151
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Why, her name is Betsy Braddock, that's kind of hard to get around.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #152
Project862006
Banned User

just saying pyro's name is John Allerdyce who is an aussie in the comics and banshee's name is sean cassidy and is irish in the comics

both were American in the films

even Peter Rasputin / Colossus doesn't have a russian accent in the films

just dont hold your breath

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #153
Roguefan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
If they are going for British Asian Psylocke then Gemma Chan is my pick (BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who, Fresh Meat, Submarine and Shanghai).

She came off as a very sweet girl on Sherlock and if I remember correctly she was a Chinese immigrant. If she can pull off being an English woman estranged in a Japanese assassin's body and Fox wants to address her race-change or trans-raciality, then I think someone like her could do it!

Roguefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #154
josh8
Side-Kick

I'd definitely like Psylocke to be both British and Asian. I don't think they should include any of that mind/body swap. All they need to say was that she was trained to be a British government agent (which actually is true to the comics) and specialized in ninjutsu.

Gemma Chan is a wonderful pick, granted I haven't seen her acting (she seems to be getting steady work though). But I'm also sure there are unknown actresses who could pull it off.

Last edited by josh8; 07-27-2013 at 09:45 PM.
josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #155
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I'd definitely like Psylocke to be both British and Asian. I don't think they should include any of that mind/body swap. All they need to say was that she was trained to be a British government agent (which actually is true to the comics) and specialized in ninjutsu.
Not if they focused is on her in the film.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #156
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Not if they focused is on her in the film.
I'm not totally sure what you're trying to say. Are you saying that if the focus is on her, you would like to include the mind/body swap stuff?

I'm just saying they could still have a fully developed Psylocke character without all that nonsense.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #157
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I'm not totally sure what you're trying to say. Are you saying that if the focus is on her, you would like to include the mind/body swap stuff?
Maybe, I think its not hard to accomplish especially if her body-swap is related to the main plot/story of the movie. Lets say the British Psylocke was killed by the main villain in the beginning of the movie and when she swapped to another body, she went to the X-Men for help, something like that.

And this body swap wouldn't be so out of the world if they are doing the same thing to Professor X in DOFP. And we know Professor X and Psylocke are both psychics.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #158
def28
Side-Kick

If he wasn't already in a few comic films, I think Ray Stevenson would be a solid Cable. Guess that really doesn't matter though when there are so many other actors playing multiple characters.

Last edited by def28; 07-28-2013 at 01:08 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:56 AM   #159
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Maybe, I think its not hard to accomplish especially if her body-swap is related to the main plot/story of the movie. Lets say the British Psylocke was killed by the main villain in the beginning of the movie and when she swapped to another body, she went to the X-Men for help, something like that.

And this body swap wouldn't be so out of the world if they are doing the same thing to Professor X in DOFP. And we know Professor X and Psylocke are both psychics.
I agree it's not impossible to do (and you're right, they are setting a precedent for it with what's happening to Xavier). I just think it's an unnecessary complication, and if it's not going to happen on-screen then it should be ignored. If they had already introduced non-Asian Psylocke in an X-Men movie, then the swap thing could have definitely been in the X-Force movie as a plot point.

It just feels like too much material to cover for one character... who's not Wolverine LOL.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:34 AM   #160
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Eh. No more body swaps for me. Doing once makes it special. More than that in one movie and it becomes the status quo

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps

2014 Reviews: JACK RYAN: SHADOW RECRUIT [★☆☆] / THE LEGO MOVIE [★★★★] / ROBOCOP [★★☆☆]
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #161
Loki882
Side-Kick

Psylocke swapping her British body for a Japanese one is an integral part of her character, they have to address it somehow. Maybe she already has the Japanese body and they show flashbacks to how she got it, or even dialogue could work.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #162
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I still want Cannonball played by Zach Gilford.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #163
BlackFox
Kuzuri

Couple ideas for Psylocke

Zhang Ziyi

or
Song_Hye-Kyo

HAWKEYE PUNISHER WOLVERINE WAR MACHINE

DREDD
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #164
Loki882
Side-Kick

Just explained the body swap in dialogue, that would be acceptable imo. Ideally, I'd like her to have a British accent, but it's not really a deal breaker.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #165
BlackFox
Kuzuri

For a British girl I would love to see Alison Carroll get the part, she deserves a big break through role:

HAWKEYE PUNISHER WOLVERINE WAR MACHINE

DREDD
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #166
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I'd LOVE to see Yukio in and X-FORCE movie, she was great in TW

CyclopsWasRight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #167
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Zhang Ziyi would perfect for Psylocke and she's already has a name in the movie industry.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #168
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Psylocke swapping her British body for a Japanese one is an integral part of her character, they have to address it somehow. Maybe she already has the Japanese body and they show flashbacks to how she got it, or even dialogue could work.
I don't think it's integral to her character - it just adds unnecessary (and convoluted) backstory to a movie that will already have other characters that will need backstory and focus as well.

Either just make her fully British/Caucasian or make her Asian. I prefer her Asian since that's her most popular form.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #169
Loki882
Side-Kick

Is she a badass ninja assassin in an Asian body right now. The answer is yes and she's been that way for years, so it's important.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #170
Roguefan
Side-Kick

I agree that if Psylocke can be a central character in the film then her body swap can be addressed (more or less the way Rogue was used in X1, maybe). If not, would it be weird if she was a Japanese ninja with a British accent and culture? Although I would be down for a bi-cultural character to be used, I'm not sure the GA would understand a ninja that speaks like a brit for no apparent reason.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #171
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

What's wrong with an Asian ninja with a British accent? There are plenty of Asians with British accents.

and I think the race-swap thing should be avoided. It was just an excuse to have a sexy Asian ninja on the X-men team.

Most of Psylocke's appeal is the fact that she's a Asian hottie who's also a ninja. Basically every fanboy's fantasy. I don't think she deserves too much attention in any X-movie.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #172
def28
Side-Kick

Agreed for the most part. Her role in Uncanny X-Force is as the female lead and shes def one of the main reasons on why it's so good.The book is pretty much about her. Guess it depends who she's paired up with in the movie, but she should be more then worthy of screen time here.

As for the accent. I don't get why it's even up for debate. She should be Asian with a British accent with or without the switch backstory. It makes her all the more fine as hell and intriguing.

Last edited by def28; 07-31-2013 at 07:45 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #173
Loki882
Side-Kick

MessiahDecoy123, If you think that that's all Psylocke is about, then you know next to nothing about the character. She is a great character and deserves a prominent role.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #174
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefan View Post
I agree that if Psylocke can be a central character in the film then her body swap can be addressed (more or less the way Rogue was used in X1, maybe).
They should introduce her in a X-Men movie in a big way!

Old 07-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #175
Roguefan
Side-Kick

Hmm... If y'all say so. I mean, I don't read many comic books tbh, so idk how Psylocke would work. My doubt was that Hollywood's stereotype of a ninja wouldn't be one of a ninja with a british accent. At least she'll be multicultural and not stereotypical hollywood.

But deep down I still feel that if she is a prominent role of X-Force then I think they should develop the mind swap story (it's more screen time for Psylocke and less likely to be a case similar to Emma Frost in FC!) + it can make the audience relate! I mean, people from all over the world know what it feels like to be in an unknown culture or place where you feel you don't belong and Psylocke went through something similar. She was completely changed from one race to another.

Last edited by Roguefan; 07-31-2013 at 09:59 PM.